Signee Derrick Smith

Advertisement
I like Smith. I think he's really slept on. I like him to get into our safety rotation eventually this season after catching up.

Agree. I love his film.

Same here...big kid that can move and delivers big time hits.

Outside of the big hits, I don't think he gets proper respect for his athleticism. Also, I love the fact that he played WR. Need players in the secondary that can make plays on the ball.

**** yeah! Make plays on the ball = playmaker! We've been missing that on the back end for a while now.

Didn't he knocked a kids head clean off during the state championship game?
I think that was him, man and he added 15+ pounds. If he is just a special teams guy this year watch out for some big hits.

Advertisement
Seems like richt always had a decent s at uga.... Jermaine Phillips, Sean Jones, Terrell Bierria, Reshaud Jones, Thomas Davis... which bodes well for Miami since most all great hurricane teams had a bad to the bone s.

Advertisement
Headhunter on special teams this year. Has potential to be very good at LB or safety depending on how much he grows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seems like richt always had a decent s at uga.... Jermaine Phillips, Sean Jones, Terrell Bierria, Reshaud Jones, Thomas Davis... which bodes well for Miami since most all great hurricane teams had a bad to the bone s.

Jermaine Phillips was a dawg, I remember him always making big hits for my buccaneers

Advertisement

Jermaine Phillips was a dawg, I remember him always making big hits for my buccaneers
Yeap...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

If Smith is 205lbs, why would you redshirt him? He's being trained by a 10 plus year NFL veteran. I would expect he will get plenty on PT the first 2 games against the cupcakes. He will be a special teamer at the very least the rest of the season with his size, speed, and tackling ability. Best case he's in the rotation at S by mid season.
I'll bet the kid is once the rotation against GTech the way he hits also.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can't wait to see him and Macho Man headhunting together next year. Teams will be scared to return kicks and punts. Lol

Advertisement
Back