2018 OT John Campbell (Commits!)

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[HUDL]video/3/5283625/587fde07c124dd1ec053ea1c[/HUDL]

John Campbell, Dr. Phillips, Offensive Tackle

6'5 280lbs kid from Dr. Phillips, good prototypical size for an OT & is a good athlete.

Has nice footwork, needs to work on his technique some, I think he's a little too high off the snap, but I like his hand placement & his fight at the line... You're not going to bull rush this kid, even if you tried.

Held his own in the 8A State Title game vs Southridge, the best DL in Dade & one of the best DL's in the country.

Doesn't have a bunch of offers yet, but does have one from FSU & is being recruited by Trickett.
He's kid we definitely need to be on his Senior year... Hope he gets an invite to Paradise this Summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Campbell is a definitely an under the radar type worth watching, and playing for Dr. P he is going against some of the best talent Orlando has to offer.

He is being heavily over shadowed in the Orlando Area because all the attention is on 4* 2018 OT William Barnes from Apopka HS who is an absolute beast, whom I am hoping Miami can land.

Go Canes

Last edited:
[HUDL]video/3/5283625/583463a6dfd8b905a80b5d9b[/HUDL]

John Campbell, Dr. Phillips, Offensive Tackle

6'5 280lbs kid from Dr. Phillips, good prototypical size for an OT & is a good athlete.

Has nice footwork, needs to work on his technique some, I think he's a little too high off the snap, but I like his hand placement & his fight at the line... You're not going to bull rush this kid, even if you tried.

Held his own in the 8A State Title game vs Southridge, the best DL in Dade & one of the best DL's in the country.

Doesn't have a bunch of offers yet, but does have one from FSU & is being recruited by Trickett.
He's kid we definitely need to be on his Senior year... Hope he gets an invite to Paradise this Summer.

Good find! here is a kid I have monitored for the past 10 months or so. Limited offers so far. carries very little fat and long armed.

Nike Combine Orlando February 2016…Brad Cecil.. OL.. 18.. FL.. Bartram Trail..
6-3.5(h)... 275(wt)...5.56(40)...5.36(SS)...28.3(vert)...65.25(SPARQ)..good vertical for size-shows explosion.
Now listed at 6-4/285

Brad Cecil - Hudl

Good natural knee bender, can get low, moves laterally well and keeps his feet under him. Does not quit on plays after his block is made looks to go after another payer and has a defensive attitude.Good strong hands with a good "pop" in them Low base is strong claims a 480 squat and 325 bench.

Last edited:
Campbell is a definitely an under the radar type worth watching.

He is being heavily over shadowed in the Orlando Area because all the attention is 2018 OT William Barnes from Apopka HS who is an absolute beast, whom I am hoping Miami can land.

Go Canes
Barnes & Ed Montilus are two very good Lineman from Apoka, we should definitely be in line to get one of them for 2018.

Those two are good--
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/game-film-6-4-295-ot-og-montilus/113997?highlight=Ed+Montilus

Here is a 2019 kid that is going to be speical. As a true freshman started at LT. His body composition for that age for an OL-man was something.

Original post was by 1953 some time back--
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...ear-ocala-fo/104693?highlight=Michael+Tarquin

Michael Tarquin ...OL ...19... FL ..Trinity Catholic -Ocala area-..started as a freshman, has pretty good technique now, solid body composition, has a bit of a mean streak. Was a legit 6-4 at Orlando Nike 11 months ago. Now listed at 6-5/280 and 15 years old

Nike Combine Orlando February 2016...6-4 /265...(no-40)...(no-SS)... 32 (PB)...(no vert)
Michael Tarquin - Hudl

Last edited:
Advertisement
For comparisons sake, I think Campbell has much higher upside at Tackle than Herbert.

Herbert is not a LT/RT imo, Guard all the way... I watched 2019 Sam Brooks make Herb look like a turnstile off the edge vs MNW.

It was actually kind of embarrassing to see a kid as young as Brooks just run right past Herb all game long lol... His effort was **** poor.

But, I do want all these 2018 lineman to come down for Paradise, need to see how these kids look vs some really good DE's.

Campbell did well vs a loaded Ridge line in an actual game (& not just shorts), so that's big points in my book.

Last edited:
Here is a 2019 kid that is going to be speical. As a true freshman started at LT. His body composition for that age for an OL-man was something.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...ear-ocala-fo/104693?highlight=Michael+Tarquin

Michael Tarquin ...OL ...19... FL ..Trinity Catholic -Ocala area-..started as a freshman, has pretty good technique now, solid body composition, has a bit of a mean streak. Was a legit 6-4 at Orlando Nike 11 months ago. Now listed at 6-5/2780 and 15 years old

Nike Combine Orlando February 2016...6-4 /265...(no-40)...(no-SS)... 32 (PB)...(no vert)
Michael Tarquin - Hudl
Great work fam... I've heard that Tarquin kid was a really good prospect.

Michael Tarquin ...OL ...19... FL ..Trinity Catholic -Ocala area-..started as a freshman, has pretty good technique now, solid body composition, has a bit of a mean streak. Was a legit 6-4 at Orlando Nike 11 months ago. Now listed at 6-5/2780 and 15 years old

Michael Tarquin - Hudl

LibertyCity, CarolCity and maybe 1953 ought to get together and post on the hidden talent around the state

Advertisement

Michael Tarquin - Hudl

LibertyCity, CarolCity and maybe 1953 ought to get together and post on the hidden talent around the state

Their intel is priceless

You guys put a lot of work into identifying and analyzing players and its appreciated.

I like the small details like latest twitter messages, offers, ages- finding them as freshmen and sophomores off the radar, where they played before, track times, lifting numbers and Nike numbers and the rest

Last edited:
Here is a guy right in our own backyard a 2018 LT from Deerfield Beach. The only thing holding him back now form being on the screen more is his body weight. Been watching him since his sophomore year.

From my notes---

(2018)..... Despelado Alexandre...OT....Deerfield Beach.....6-5/265.. plays LT… needs more muscle bulk…competition level is good…long limbed and uses arms and hands well..gets to the next level well.

Only has mid-season highlights so far
Despelado Alexandre - Hudl

Last edited:
Advertisement
You guys put a lot of work into identifying and analyzing players and its appreciated.

I am glad you appreciate it. I try to make as little judgement as possible just identify strengths and weaknesses and let others make their evaluation since opinions vary, often widely. Ultimately, it is MR and company that pulls the trigger.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Merry Christmas and happy healthy holiday wishes to you and your families, [MENTION=8073]CarolCityHigh[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION]. Thanks for all you guys do to educate us on what's going on. You guys make a big difference on the board all the time.

Advertisement
Back