Rumours about Chip Kelly to UF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Check out his results against SEC opponents. That sht always hummed in the Pac12 and got shut down by an SEC team. He doesn't have the horses to run that anyway. Franks? True freshman Corral?

I'd be surprised if that even happened. I can't see that guy going back to begging 17/18 year olds to come play for him. Rumor was that's one reason he left Oregon was he hated recruiting.

Defenses have more or less caught up to most of the stuff ran by them, lots of teams speed up the game with option stuff. I've always thought that it puts too much pressure on the defense during the course of the season, especially against power teams with athletes galore. The SEC is not the Pac-12 with regards to football players on the line of scrimmage and overall athletic ability.

Advertisement
They'll find someone to recruit for him, and they'll find someone to build a decent defense. This could happen. Not scared really, but I think this would save their recruiting season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
ROFL....... Chip Kelly will give a middle finger to the defensive side of the ball with a team in a defensive conference. It will be funny if Florida can't score but can't stop a nose bleed Mark D'Onofrio style.

I think Kelly may not have the desire any more. He seems happy doing TV. Frost is a better hire IMO.

I think Kelly may not have the desire any more. He seems happy doing TV. Frost is a better hire IMO.

He is basically Steve Spurrier and Bobby Petrino. Just wants to call plays. He'll get his players without really having to recruit given the Gators brand (hate to say that) and he'll hire a competent DC, but the fanbase and administration will drive him INSANE. He'll be burned out by Year 4.

He's def a good coach and someone people on here wanted in the worst way. Time will tell. All I know is we got the best fit/experienced coach we could have ever dreamed of in Richt so couldn't care less of who UF hires.

Advertisement
Back