Your Opinion - Golden and the Prez

Let's go Hokies.

If they are going to make us suffer....we all suffer together. I want the entire administration embarrassed at the product on the field and answering questions all offseason long. Misery loves company.

It would be great if we didn't earn bowl eligibility....I mean....the heat at that point would be insane.

If this happens, Shalala or not, this ****** has to go.

That's exactly why I'm rooting for that scenario.

At the very least....it would make the administration miserable.

Advertisement
Fooley's statement at UiF was of zero consequence and if Flake Jimmy followed suit here it'd only anger this fanbase even more. No **** an AD is going to say they're constantly making evaluations. Muscorch will be fired moments after UGA rapes them. Fooley isn't placating those clowns by issuing a non-descript statement now.

1. Donna Shalala is no fan or friend of Al Golden at this point. She was the one burned the most by the Penn State situation.

2. D'Onofrio has 5 games left as the DC at Miami. If the season is somehow one step above terrible and Golden is retained, D'Onofrio will not be. Fans will be fed up either way and keeping D'Onofrio will legitimately nuke all fan support. At least the idea of a better defense can be sold again if D'Onofrio is gone. If Golden attempts to keep D'Onofrio, then that will just be an added bonus point to getting himself fired at the end of the season.

3. Donna's lame duck status is irrelevant in regards to Golden's job. If he sucks bad enough this year, he will be fired at the end of this year. What constitutes sucking that bad is up in the air. She might be more willing to fire him due to lingering angst over Penn State.

4. The admin is concerned about any racist labels but it will not dictate decision making. Golden had a cloud. Randy didn't. It can be spun that Golden was one game better than Shannon while having to deal with NCAA stuff and blah blah blah. True or not, it will sell to the media and keep the attack dogs off of Miami.

5. The admin isn't happy with how things are going and neither are other people that matter. There's not much more that can be done at this point. Al could come out tomorrow and say, "Death to America," while D'Onofrio wears a swastika cape and nobody will be fired. Changes will come at the end of the season. How extravagant will depend on the final 5 games. Getting blown out by a terrible VT team, a worse UNC team, and some combination of FSU, Pitt, and Virginia will certainly make it inevitable. My personal guess from what I've gathered from the admin is that a 6-6 season puts him at 50-50 of getting fired and the bigger losses to the worse opponents when coupled with fan/media responses will determine if he's retained. The expectation would be that he is not.

Last edited:
1. Donna Shalala is no fan or friend of Al Golden at this point. She was the one burned the most by the Penn State situation.

2. D'Onofrio has 5 games left as the DC at Miami. If the season is somehow one step above terrible and Golden is retained, D'Onofrio will not be. Fans will be fed up either way and keeping D'Onofrio will legitimately nuke all fan support. At least the idea of a better defense can be sold again if D'Onofrio is gone. If Golden attempts to keep D'Onofrio, then that will just be an added bonus point to getting himself fired at the end of the season.

3. Donna's lame duck status is irrelevant in regards to Golden's job. If he sucks bad enough this year, he will be fired at the end of this year. What constitutes sucking that bad is up in the air. She might be more willing to fire him due to lingering angst over Penn State.

4. The admin is concerned about any racist labels but it will not dictate decision making. Golden had a cloud. Randy didn't it. It can be spun that Golden was one game better than Shannon while having to deal with NCAA stuff and blah blah blah. True or not, it will sell to the media and keep the attack dogs off of Miami.

5. The admin isn't happy with how things are going and neither are other people that matter. There's not much more that can be done at this point. Al could come out tomorrow and say, "Death to America," while D'Onofrio wears a swastika cape and nobody will be fired. Changes will come at the end of the season. How extravagant will depend on the final 5 games. Getting blown out by a terrible VT team, a worse UNC team, and some combination of FSU, Pitt, and Virginia will certainly make it inevitable. My personal guess from what I've gathered from the admin is that a 6-6 season puts him at 50-50 of getting fired and the bigger losses to the worse opponents when coupled with fan/media responses will determine if he's retained. The expectation would be that he is not.

Almost brought a tear to my eye.... Please let this be the truth....................... amen.

4. The admin is concerned about any racist labels but it will not dictate decision making. Golden had a cloud. Randy didn't. It can be spun that Golden was one game better than Shannon while having to deal with NCAA stuff and blah blah blah. True or not, it will sell to the media and keep the attack dogs off of Miami.

Thanks for the response. Do you know of any school that replaced a prez and coach in the same year?

Advertisement

One word sums up this post

HOPE

The heat would come from the board of trustees.

If enough of them are outraged and James thinks that next year's donations and season ticket #s might be negatively effected, you might see a change regardless of what's going on with the prez.

If we drop a few more games, lot of the people 'on the fence' about Golden are gonna turn haters.

Advertisement

Thanks for the response. Do you know of any school that replaced a prez and coach in the same year?

After a quick Google search it turns out that Florida State hired Jimbo on January 7th, 2010 and Eric Barron assumed the Florida State presidency on February 1st, 2010. So there's that. Do community colleges count?

No problem on the response.

Wait... 6-6 is only 50-50? No way, even for the biggest slurpers, 6-6 = immediate termination.

Advertisement
TedHendricksOffspring Give me an early Christmas present please tell me Butch Davis would be on the short list

He was somewhere around 5th when the list was compiled in December last year. That might have improved since then but I would hazard a guess he's somewhere around there. He's not unhirable. How's that?

Merry Christmas.

Wait... 6-6 is only 50-50? No way, even for the biggest slurpers, 6-6 = immediate termination.

I want him gone as bad as anybody, but 6-6 at 50-50 is where it stands right now. I wish it wasn't.

Last edited:
I don't see Miami going 6-6, I see them winning maybe 7. My fear is that won't be enough for Miami to pull the trigger on this clown. On the other hand, do you risk keeping Golden and losing an entire fan base? Season tickets, club members, etc., will be down in 2015 with that terrible schedule. Not smart business.

Go VT!

Advertisement

Go Beamer.

This is the happiest i've been reading a post on here in a long time

Ted, if the school thinks they can get around that racist angle by pointing to that retarded cloud, then they're dumber than I thought they were. That racist angle is real, and it's going to blow up in their faces.

Advertisement
Back