Coaching Yep, we're playing with the big boys now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made it clear to my employer that I have a strict "No San Francisco" policy. I refuse to enter the city of San Francisco for any reason, not even for work.

There was a time when I used to get super excited any time I got a chance to go into the city whether it was for work or play. Now I wont even entire that 3rd world *****-hole.
What’s the nicest of the big 3 out there? San Jose/Milpitas?

Advertisement
There are many days when the traffic and the crowds **** me off and I live in Broward. But man, I have family that lives in the pan handle and the whole having to drive 20 minutes just to get to Walmart, which is also the only store less than 1 hour away, would drive me crazier. I could probably move out of south Florida one day but it would just be to another metro area.

I can get how some people like that slow lifestyle, so I appreciate that but I'd go crazy with boredom.
I'm gonna move to Jupiter or Palm City eventually. I'll miss the readily accessible Argentine bars, but not much else about Broward. I hate the traffic more and more by the day.

I'm gonna move to Jupiter or Palm City eventually. I'll miss the readily accessible Argentine bars, but not much else about Broward. I hate the traffic more and more by the day.
I use to say "born, bred, and dead" in Dade. That's definitely changed...

I use to say "born, bred, and dead" in Dade. That's definitely changed...
I grew up in Palm Beach, lived in Dade, currently in Broward. My identity is and will always be here; it's the most interesting place in the country by a mile.

But Martin County is likely the future for me. I hate how crowded it is here now, and I don't need (or want) an expensive house.

I will miss speaking Spanish as much, but I always know where to find it.

Advertisement
We live in south Buckhead in Garden Hills and love it. Will need to make a decision when our kid starts elementary school, but it’s a great part of the city.
Public or private? My kids graduated from Lovett but I lived in a bad school district at the time. Now we live in the Riverwood district and I would have been more than happy sending my kids there. And saved a lot of money.
My nephews attend Midtown High (formerly Grady) and they are doing great, after transferring from Westminster which was for too homogenous for them.

Public or private? My kids graduated from Lovett but I lived in a bad school district at the time. Now we live in the Riverwood district and I would have been more than happy sending my kids there. And saved a lot of money.
My nephews attend Midtown High (formerly Grady) and they are doing great, after transferring from Westminster which was for too homogenous for them.
I feel like I need to post booty gifs for this derailing, but preferably public. We will have to move to Brandon or Jackson if that’s the long term plan, but still doesn’t help with a North Atlanta. We’re also considering charter. I drive by Lovett on the way to work everyday. Beautiful campus.

I grew up in Palm Beach, lived in Dade, currently in Broward. My identity is and will always be here; it's the most interesting place in the country by a mile.

But Martin County is likely the future for me. I hate how crowded it is here now, and I don't need (or want) an expensive house.

I will miss speaking Spanish as much, but I always know where to find it.
St. Augustine over here....

What’s the nicest of the big 3 out there? San Jose/Milpitas?

Depends on your definition of "nicest," I suppose.

Historically I'd say the best area of the entire Bay Area is the 680 corridor between Pleasanton and Walnut Creek. But quite frankly, the entire Bay Area went full ****** when the wu flu hit. I do my best to avoid the entire bay area these days.

Advertisement
We were at Stone Mountain a few years ago and it wasn't difficult finding good restaurants. If she ends up going to GT, Atlanta's definitely in the running.
How can you complain about Alabama and
Apparently you reserve those feelings for people who live in Alabama. :monkey-serious:
Alabama isn't all bad. Lot of hate on good ol Alabama. But last I checked almost all of Florida North of Ocala and Orlando except J Ville looks like country *** parts of Alabama. Just saying!!

I'm probably in wrong thread a bit but from what I've read we are the best coach change potential given the person and added resources. Saban is Saban. Kelly will be the same as the ND Kelly, and Riley will make USC respectable again.
But I say all of that to say that the canes success here on will be reliant upon who is brought on as OC and DC. And will our new coach be willing to adjust both philosophies as needed in order to win at the highest stage. I have no doubt we will have the talent.but will the scheme and play calling put us over the top?
Yes I know hundreds of you mopes have posted the same in a hundred other threads. I simply repeat it because it is the most obvious glaring point of this entire switch

How can you complain about Alabama and
Alabama isn't all bad. Lot of hate on good ol Alabama. But last I checked almost all of Florida North of Ocala and Orlando except J Ville looks like country *** parts of Alabama. Just saying!!
There were a lot more half collapsed barns and houses in AL than I've seen in FL. One or two is kinda cool because it gives a sense of history, but too many is a bit disturbing. There was also a lot more logging going on that I don't usually see in FL.

Maybe I'm just a more suburbs kind of person.

All of Alabama isn't super rural just like all of Florida isn't Metropolitan. Alabama isn't so bad though. It's just like any other state in the south.

Advertisement
Who is talking about public schools? If you want good public schools you are going to have to go to the north east. We are talking about being wealthy. The wealthy in cali are not sending their kids to PS 112 in Compton. In Alabama they don't even have good private schools.

Actually, there are some very good public schools in CA. Just another thing that keeps property values up.

And CA has far and away the best public university system in the US. It's not close. And of course state residents are able to attend them at in-state prices.

And of course the private elementary and secondary schools as well as colleges and universities in Cali are exceptional as the state is full of successful, smart, high-net worth families who demand them.

This isn't a real conversation as you've said. Anyone comparing California to Alabama (Alabama!) is likely having a seizure.

Again, the market has spoken. By almost any and every metric you could imagine. Now maybe one doesn't like oceans, rivers, mountains, amazing cities and suburbs, majestic lakes, skiing, surfing, sunshine, pro sports, International shopping and nightlife, the desert, technology, fantastic weather, fine dining, amazing local produce, being around some of the most successful people on the planet, (or maybe some just don't like being around "people" as one poster put it), but that's just you having a weird, outlier of an opinion. They're wrong. Which is ok. There isn't room for everyone in the best places. Which is why the high demand forces some people to live in menial, secondary places where housing is cheap because very few people want to live there. Like Alabama.

Actually, there are some very good public schools in CA. Just another thing that keeps property values up.

And CA has far and away the best public university system. It's not close. And of course state residents are able to attend them at in-state prices.

And of course the private elementary and secondary schools as well as colleges and universities in Cali are exceptional as the state is full of successful, smart, high-net worth families who demand them.

This isn't a real conversation as you've said. Anyone comparing California to Alabama (Alabama!) is likely having a seizure.

Again, the market has spoken. By almost any and every metric you could imagine. Now maybe you don't like oceans, rivers, mountains, amazing cities and suburbs, majestic lakes, skiing, surfing, sunshine, pro sports, International shopping and nightlife, the desert, technology, fantastic weather, fine dining, amazing local produce, being around some of the most successful people on the planet, (or maybe you just don't like being around "people" as one poster put it), but that's just you having a weird, outlier of an opinion. You're wrong. Which is ok. There isn't room for everyone in the best places. Which is why the high demand forces some people to live in menial, secondary places where housing is cheap because very few people want to live there. Like Alabama.
Now that's some long winded, ****. At the end, it means nothing. It's a matter of choice. The need to express superiority reeks of self esteem issues.

Now that's some long winded, ****. At the end, it means nothing. It's a matter of choice. The need to express superiority reeks of self esteem issues.

By "long-winded" you mean full of facts you want to ignore in order to dismiss reality? It's hard data. Demand, industry, successful people, schools, national and state parks, beautiful country, vibrant cities, you name it. None of that is subjective. It's all quantifiable. You're fooling yourself to make yourself feel... honesty, I've no idea. It's just weird. It's like you're trying to tell us USF is better than Clemson in football. Weird.

And YES, it's a "matter of choice." That's the point. And more people, especially successful people who can live anywhere they want in the world, choose to live in California. By a massive, massive number. A few weird outliers aren't relevant. So yes, it "means something." It's hard data.

Also, I'm not a California resident, so your ignorant "need to express superiority reeks of self esteem issues" missed the mark as much as the rest of your nonsense post. I actually don't have a dog in this hunt.

Advertisement
By "long-winded" you mean full of facts you want to ignore in order to dismiss reality? It's hard data. Demand, industry, successful people, schools, national and state parks, beautiful country, vibrant cities, you name it. None of that is subjective. It's all quantifiable. You're fooling yourself to make yourself feel... honesty, I've no idea. It's just weird. It's like you're trying to tell us USF is better than Clemson in football. Weird.

And YES, it's a "matter of choice." That's the point. And more people, especially successful people who can live anywhere they want in the world, choose to live in California. By a massive, massive number. A few weird outliers aren't relevant. So yes, it "means something." It's hard data.

Also, I'm not a California resident, so your ignorant "need to express superiority reeks of self esteem issues" missed the mark as much as the rest of your nonsense post.
You puff up your chest when you type that ****?

You puff up your chest when you type that ****?

What an incredibly informative, fact-filled response. Deflection is a tool the weak-minded use when they've been beaten. Slight-of-hand stuff doesn't work well on me btw. You can try again if you like. Or actually respond with something at least slightly substantial and on-topic instead? No? Ok got it.

Like I said. Weird.

What an incredibly informative, fact-filled response. Deflection is a tool the weak-minded use when they've been beaten. Slight-of-hand stuff doesn't work well on me btw. You can try again if you like. Or actually respond with something at least slightly substantial and on-topic instead? No? Ok got it.

Like I said. Weird.
You still didn't answer.....

Where-did-Americans-Move-in-2020-State-migration-patterns-2021-United-Van-Lines-state-moving-s...png

Cali is at the top.... Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back