Coaching Yep, we're playing with the big boys now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
km_20211219_1080p_2.gif

Lincoln Riley is the most overpaid coach. USC gonna be OU west. Win the Pac12 and then lose in the playoff by 30. His OU teams had talent everywhere, but still struggled with Iowa St, Baylor and he lost to a couple of mediocre Texas teams if I’m not mistaken. He’ll win 10games every year, but I bet Chip Kelly owns him. My $0.02.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Lincoln Riley is the most overpaid coach. USC gonna be OU west. Win the Pac12 and then lose in the playoff by 30. His OU teams had talent everywhere, but still struggled with Iowa St, Baylor and he lost to a couple of mediocre Texas teams if I’m not mistaken. He’ll win 10games every year, but I bet Chip Kelly owns him. My $0.02.

Go Canes!
Idk… the USC brand is going to recruit at an entirely different level for him. Mainly on the defensive side of the ball

Advertisement
SERIOUS QUESTION:

What is expectation of Top 10 salary? Conference competiveness? Conference Championships? CFBPO appearances?

Nattys?

I get a Top 3 salary all of the above, but Top 10? Top 15?

Where is the line between "you better go undefeated and hoist the hardware" vs "we need consistent good seasons"?
I think you know that right or wrong, the expectations of this board go beyond "consistent good seasons". Personally, I'm looking for a team that progresses. I want to see our record get better without slipping back every other year. I want to see us stop losing to far inferior teams and look competitive with the legit teams we play, then progress to beating some of those teams. That's what I'd like to see over the next 5 years.

Advertisement
SERIOUS QUESTION:

What is expectation of Top 10 salary? Conference competiveness? Conference Championships? CFBPO appearances?

Nattys?

I get a Top 3 salary all of the above, but Top 10? Top 15?

Where is the line between "you better go undefeated and hoist the hardware" vs "we need consistent good seasons"?
Conference championships and CFB playoff appearances.

Realistically, a Top 8 recruiting class yearly.

Too much? lol

I see too. Stanford and LSU.
I put Shaw in his own category tbh. Stanford is just happy being mentioned in the football world without compromising their academic standards..and they have gobs of money.

LSU..yeah. I can’t stand BK. This was the oddest coaching change/ match of all of them. But if you said he was top 10 paid I wouldn’t say it was an eye opener. I would love to see him get teabagged now that he is in a real conference.

Idk… the USC brand is going to recruit at an entirely different level for him. Mainly on the defensive side of the ball
I hear ya, but he had more talent than every other team in the Big12 and still managed to “Clemson” the season. He needs a young Bob Stoops or a Venables as his DC then I’ll probably be proven wrong. Won’t be the first time.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back