Coaching Yep, we're playing with the big boys now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I thought Saban’s contract requires that he is the highest paid coach with an automatic raise for that purpose/.
I thought I heard that as well, and if true that's just the dumbest thing. Imagine agreeing to pay literally any amount to your coach next year.

Advertisement
the clause in Saban's contract always makes him the highest paid coach in the SEC i believe.
I assume everybody involved at the time of signing assumed that would be the same thing as top paid nationally.

Mel Tucker and his agent right now

Austin Powers Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Riley is going to own the Pac 12.
This.

The Pac-12 is worse than the Mountain West conference, literally the worst P5 conference in football.

He’s 55-10 for his career with 4 Big XII titles & 3 Heisman finalist & 2 winners.

He made Baker Mayfield a Heisman winner, idk if you watch the Browns, but Baker is legitimately awful.

He’s gonna dominate West coast recruiting & have the best of both worlds in Cali & TX QB’s to pick from, especially while playing in an extremely weak conference, he’s going to steamroll in the Pac-12.

Take one look at how Riley's recruited at OU. He got Oklahoma's best, owned Dallas, and got solid material further west.

He does great in urban areas and recruits high character kids. Yes, some people are gonna scream "but Joe Mixon" at me.

Exception proves the rule.

Riley's now got the Trinity League and the Pittsburg-Concord-Antioch axis.

The Pac 12 is done. He'll be building a roster for the playoff.

Advertisement
It's not even that. It's this:

Saban’s contract states that the Crimson Tide will be required to increase Saban’s “total guaranteed annual compensation” if it becomes less than the average of either the three highest-paid SEC coaches or the five highest-paid FBS coaches...

but the national media and SEC slurpers essentially carry the narrative that he has a clause that guarantees him to be the highest paid coach in ALL of sports no matter pro or college or even American based.

Funny how none of the media pearl clutchers sooooo worried about us (not) using UHealth "covid revenue" for football ever raise an eyebrow to the (fake) Sabag compensation narrative when Alabamy is a top 5 poorest state and Baga is a state institution.
ok thanks

Yeah I don't know how anyone can think USC won't become dominant again with Riley, and the school committing to winning. It's not much different from us EXCEPT it is like 10x easier for USC to win the Pac12 yearly (Oregon should be solid competition, and Washington and Utah decent), and 100x easier for USC to dominate recruiting in California. Like literally every recruit west of Texas is USC's if they want them... and I don't think that is exaggerating in the slightest....

Advertisement
This.

The Pac-12 is worse than the Mountain West conference, literally the worst P5 conference in football.

He’s 55-10 for his career with 4 Big XII titles & 3 Heisman finalist & 2 winners.

He made Baker Mayfield a Heisman winner, idk if you watch the Browns, but Baker is legitimately awful.

He’s gonna dominate West coast recruiting & have the best of both worlds in Cali & TX QB’s to pick from, especially while playing in an extremely weak conference, he’s going to steamroll in the Pac-12.

Yeah.

4 years in and this was the best Mario could produce at Oregon. Concerning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back