Coaching Yep, we're playing with the big boys now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an incredibly informative, fact-filled response. Deflection is a tool the weak-minded use when they've been beaten. Slight-of-hand stuff doesn't work well on me btw. You can try again if you like. Or actually respond with something at least slightly substantial and on-topic instead? No? Ok got it.

Like I said. Weird.

This guy only posts if it's political rhetoric. He's not worth arguing this stuff with, he's dug in

Advertisement
This guy only posts if it's political rhetoric. He's not worth arguing this stuff with, he's dug in
I'm offended. You didn't do your research on me. The 1st sentence is complete liable.....

View attachment 170050
Cali is at the top.... Lol

:ROFLMAO:

Cali is at the top? There are 44 states in America?:) Dude. You're killing me. And making it easy. California has more people than Louisiana, Kentucky, South Carolina, Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, AND ALABAMA COMBINED. That's most of the SEC lol. Actually you would need to throw in Nebraska, Oklahoma and West Virginia to get there. California's population decrease is practically a rounding error.

That said, it's factual. Your map provides an example of what economists call "the great pandemic migration." You realize the economy collapsed in 2020 due to Covid-19, yes? States that kept their schools closed and locked down (like California) their economies lost population to states that didn't. A lot of people who struggled financially also left the more expensive and desirable states (like California). The decrease in immigration also affected many states with major agriculture industries (like California).

There are a lot of reasons people move. Sadly, many are forced to move against their wishes. Attempting to offer pandemic migration percentages in an argument over what state is a more desirable place to live, especially when the ****hole state you're trying to pimp has about 1/8th the residents and 1/13th the GNP of CA, is not only disingenuous, but idiotic as it was easy for anyone with a functioning brain stem to call out and squash.

Like I just did. What else you got? Again, I don't even have a dog in this hunt. It's not a debatable topic. You're swimming in quicksand, man. Just go to sleep.

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO:

Cali is at the top? There are 44 states in America?:) Dude. You're killing me. And making it easy. California has more people than Louisiana, Kentucky, South Carolina, Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, AND ALABAMA COMBINED. That's most of the SEC lol. Actually you would need to throw in Nebraska, Oklahoma and West Virginia to get there. California's population decrease is practically a rounding error.

That said, it's factual. Your map provides an example of what economists call "the great pandemic migration." You realize the economy collapsed in 2020 due to Covid-19, yes? States that kept their schools closed and locked down (like California) their economies lost population to states that didn't. A lot of people who struggled financially also left the more expensive and desirable states (like California). The decrease in immigration also affected many states with major agriculture industries (like California).

There are a lot of reasons people move. Sadly, many are forced to move against their wishes. Attempting to offer pandemic migration percentages in an argument over what state is a more desirable place to live, especially when the ****hole state you're trying to pimp has about 1/8th the residents and 1/13th the GNP of CA, is not only disingenuous, but idiotic as it was easy for anyone with a functioning brain stem to call out and squash.

Like I just did. What else you got? Again, I don't even have a dog in this hunt. It's not a debatable topic. You're swimming in quicksand, man. Just go to sleep.
Huff and puff.....

I live in the SF Bay Area now. I like it here so far. There are pluses and minuses. There’s beautiful scenery and some top notch produce and restaurants. There’s a lot of business and an economy that’s really powerful. It’s also super expensive here. Like crazy expensive.

I was in San Francisco proper this past weekend. There are still great things but it’s gotten really bad. I couldn’t park but five feet from the gyro place I ran into because there was a homeless encampment on the sidewalk and they break into cars. The owner literally told me to move my car into his loading zone for 15 minutes, take my gyro and leave. It’s everywhere. Needles are everywhere. It’s not an exaggeration how bad it’s gotten there. I was there 20 years ago and it was not ridden with problems this way.

I’m just saying, I’ve lived in a decent number of places. I’ve never seen a situation of homelessness that’s more problematic in this country than here. And I can also tell you that it’s spread out. I was in Healdsburg - a high end wine town in Sonoma County about 90 minutes or so north of the GG Bridge - and they were there too. And they’re trained. I’ve seen them set up on Native American land within another Bay Area city to try and force the police into a more difficult situation.

A lot of these people are addicts. They’re destroying neighborhoods, businesses… I’d rather live here than in Bama or the rural south because there are still world class standards and amenities here but it’s not without a lot that needs to be rectified.

Advertisement
I live in the SF Bay Area now. I like it here so far. There are pluses and minuses. There’s beautiful scenery and some top notch produce and restaurants. There’s a lot of business and an economy that’s really powerful. It’s also super expensive here. Like crazy expensive.

I was in San Francisco proper this past weekend. There are still great things but it’s gotten really bad. I couldn’t park but five feet from the gyro place I ran into because there was a homeless encampment on the sidewalk and they break into cars. The owner literally told me to move my car into his loading zone for 15 minutes, take my gyro and leave. It’s everywhere. Needles are everywhere. It’s not an exaggeration how bad it’s gotten there. I was there 20 years ago and it was not ridden with problems this way.

I’m just saying, I’ve lived in a decent number of places. I’ve never seen a situation of homelessness that’s more problematic in this country than here. And I can also tell you that it’s spread out. I was in Healdsburg - a high end wine town in Sonoma County about 90 minutes or so north of the GG Bridge - and they were there too. And they’re trained. I’ve seen them set up on Native American land within another Bay Area city to try and force the police into a more difficult situation.

A lot of these people are addicts. They’re destroying neighborhoods, businesses… I’d rather live here than in Bama or the rural south because there are still world class standards and amenities here but it’s not without a lot that needs to be rectified.
Please delete. I couldn't live with myself if you had to suffer through being called weirdo or idiotic. Please my brother...

Please delete. I couldn't live with myself if you had to suffer through being called weirdo or idiotic. Please my brother...
Huh??? I thought I gave an honest assessment from my point of view. I mean people are different and want different things. I like being in a diverse cosmopolitan area where I have options for the best things in different facets of life if I want them. Not every day but when I want the best Sushi, I can get it. Some people like the country life because that’s their familiarity or comfort zone. To each his own.

Huh??? I thought I gave an honest assessment from my point of view. I mean people are different and want different things. I like being in a diverse cosmopolitan area where I have options for the best things in different facets of life if I want them. Not every day but when I want the best Sushi, I can get it. Some people like the country. To each his own.
Sarcastic. The drones were calling me weird and idiotic earlier. It's not here or there. Carry on.....

Actually, there are some very good public schools in CA. Just another thing that keeps property values up.

And CA has far and away the best public university system in the US. It's not close. And of course state residents are able to attend them at in-state prices.

And of course the private elementary and secondary schools as well as colleges and universities in Cali are exceptional as the state is full of successful, smart, high-net worth families who demand them.

This isn't a real conversation as you've said. Anyone comparing California to Alabama (Alabama!) is likely having a seizure.

Again, the market has spoken. By almost any and every metric you could imagine. Now maybe one doesn't like oceans, rivers, mountains, amazing cities and suburbs, majestic lakes, skiing, surfing, sunshine, pro sports, International shopping and nightlife, the desert, technology, fantastic weather, fine dining, amazing local produce, being around some of the most successful people on the planet, (or maybe some just don't like being around "people" as one poster put it), but that's just you having a weird, outlier of an opinion. They're wrong. Which is ok. There isn't room for everyone in the best places. Which is why the high demand forces some people to live in menial, secondary places where housing is cheap because very few people want to live there. Like Alabama.
Yes they do have some very good public schools. The overall state ranking gets dragged down by a lot of those schools in the middle of nowhere Northern california. But I just meant they aren't on the level of some of the public schools in areas like Mass and NJ.

You are 100% correct though. No one is touching the Cali public university system.

I agree with everything you are saying. I can't even believe we are having this conversation, on a Miami board. I would expect to have this kind of discussion with some of the inbreds on Pawls radio show.

Advertisement
You work in south central?

C'mon, dont act like you dont roll past a half dozen homeless encampments a week. I've been in NorCal for 30 year, what Ive seen over the past 10 has been nothing short of mind numbing. Its truly sad. Every single freeway exit has at least one homeless camp. Its rare that I see an open field that doesn't have at least a couple tents pitched.

The quality of life in urban/suburban California is a fraction of what it once was.
With the home USC is buying him and his salary, Lincoln Riley can helicopter past homeless and traffic on his way to a multimillion dollar beach home.

Advertisement
California is definitely the best place to live idgaf what yall think lol. California has something for everybody. And sorry but take South Florida out of the equation and Florida is a **** hole along with the majority (all?) of the south.

Advertisement

San Fran's food was insanely good back in the day. I'm talking Top Notch....Their "Little Italy" is Elite....

This.

The Pac-12 is worse than the Mountain West conference, literally the worst P5 conference in football.

He’s 55-10 for his career with 4 Big XII titles & 3 Heisman finalist & 2 winners.

He made Baker Mayfield a Heisman winner, idk if you watch the Browns, but Baker is legitimately awful.

He’s gonna dominate West coast recruiting & have the best of both worlds in Cali & TX QB’s to pick from, especially while playing in an extremely weak conference, he’s going to steamroll in the Pac-12.
I mean, there is a reason every NFL team with a HC opening asks the dude if he wants to be their HC, including the **** Cowboys.

Who is talking about public schools? If you want good public schools you are going to have to go to the north east. We are talking about being wealthy. The wealthy in cali are not sending their kids to PS 112 in Compton. In Alabama they don't even have good private schools.
The Northeast? Lmao. I didn't see anyone elaborate on whether the schools were private or public. Or we can keep moving goal posts. All the same to me.

San Fran's food was insanely good back in the day. I'm talking Top Notch....Their "Little Italy" is Elite....
They have some great places. Nothing to me will ever compare to NYC in this country for restaurants but they get great ingredients here.

I still can’t find great pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back