Official Womens Basketball Head Coach (Tricia Cullop official)

Advertisement
I was hoping for the gal from Marquette but VT scooped her up in a hurry. Smesko and Cullop both look like solid hires.

Got excited about the FGCU coach. Don’t know squat about this Toledo coach, any opinions out there?

Track record doesn’t look nearly as strong as the FGCU coach but what do I know.

Advertisement
Yeah I mean, again, know nothing about either of them other than what I’ve read today and who knows if there was actually real smoke there, but it doesn’t seem like Cullop brought Toledo out of the ashes or anything, and Smesko seemingly built that FGCU program and took them from D2 to D1 without missing a beat.

And if there was ever a time to try make a massive hire in women’s basketball, it’s right now.

Yeah I mean, again, know nothing about either of them other than what I’ve read today and who knows if there was actually real smoke there, but it doesn’t seem like Cullop brought Toledo out of the ashes or anything, and Smesko seemingly built that FGCU program and took them from D2 to D1 without missing a beat.

And if there was ever a time to try make a massive hire in women’s basketball, it’s right now.
That’s Rad for you. I have zero faith he’ll make an inspiring hire on the men’s side either

Advertisement
Looks like a solid hire. 3 straight regular season conference titles and 1 MAC tournament title. Won an NCAA tournament fame. I'm betting Katie had some influence here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cullop is still a very good hire. The MAC is more competitive than the ASUN in comparison to Smesko so much harder to have that kind of winning %.

Still a very respected person in women’s college basketball. We’ll be in good hands, likely for several years

Advertisement
Back