Will the D give up over or under 500 yards vs VT?

The problem with a thread like this is that people are confused over the real issue that we have on defense. Last year's defense would just get gashed and people would do whatever they wanted to the tune of 500+ yards. The problem this year is that we are too pussified in the game plan to shut down particular PLAYS. Like 3rd and 2 against a running team. That's what is causing us to lose games.

So please stop acting as though teams are moving up and down the field at will as though we are a Mike Leach team, because they aren't.

Nebraska and GT did what they wanted and we couldn't stop them.

Still confused, I see. If they did what they wanted, they would have scored 77 points. Our plan, and the clown just admitted it this week, is to stop big plays. And neither one of those teams had big plays. And neither one of those teams gained 500 yards. That's why this is a stupid thread.

"8:58 1st & 10, MIA 40 - Tommy Armstrong Jr. passed to Kenny Bell down the middle for 40 yard touchdown. Drew Brown made PAT."

" 2:30 1st & 10, NEB 43 - Duke Johnson fumbled. Josh Mitchell recovered fumble and returned for 57 yards. Drew Brown made PAT."

Post-15337-Christian-Bale-confused-gif-Hje6.gif

Advertisement
"Playing with bruised ribs, Gunner Kiel completed 31 of 57 passes for 355 yards and three touchdowns"

Thanks for proving my point. I hadn't picked out that stat, but you nailed it. The guy threw 57 times for 355 yards, or about 6 yards per attempt, well below his average. So our clown show decided to keep it all in front of us and make them nickel and dime it down the field.

And I noticed that they didn't get 500 yards.

"8:58 1st & 10, MIA 40 - Tommy Armstrong Jr. passed to Kenny Bell down the middle for 40 yard touchdown. Drew Brown made PAT."

" 2:30 1st & 10, NEB 43 - Duke Johnson fumbled. Josh Mitchell recovered fumble and returned for 57 yards. Drew Brown made PAT."

Hold on......did you just use a fumble return as evidence that a team made big plays against our defense? Come on, bro.

"Playing with bruised ribs, Gunner Kiel completed 31 of 57 passes for 355 yards and three touchdowns"

Thanks for proving my point. I hadn't picked out that stat, but you nailed it. The guy threw 57 times for 355 yards, or about 6 yards per attempt, well below his average. So our clown show decided to keep it all in front of us and make them nickel and dime it down the field.

So your argument is that we cant stop specific plays but that a passing team can get a lot of passing yards on us and a rushing team can get a lot of rushing yards on us? Because that is what Nebraska, GT, and Cincinnati did. They got a lot of yards in their specialties.

I mean, Memphis kept Cinci to 352 yards total, and we allowed 355 in passing alone. They also kept Cinci to 14 points. So basically, our Defense played worse than Memphis did.

So your argument is that we cant stop specific plays but that a passing team can get a lot of passing yards on us and a rushing team can get a lot of rushing yards on us? Because that is what Nebraska, GT, and Cincinnati did. They got a lot of yards in their specialties.

I mean, Memphis kept Cinci to 352 yards total, and we allowed 355 in passing alone. They also kept Cinci to 14 points. So basically, our Defense played worse than Memphis did.

Look, don't mistake me as someone who is excusing the defense. The plan is putrid. But those teams all got their yards in small, deliberate chunks. Georgia Tech didn't break off 80 yard runs. Cincinnati wasn't throwing bombs over us all day. Our defense kept it in front of them, which has kept the yardage down.

Again, I think it's a stupid plan. But this thread is just as stupid, because we don't give up huge yardage games. This is actually the type of game that *** and Dorito will brag about, because it plays into their plan. Keep it in front and wait for VT's awful QB to ***** it up. Their problem is that they also think it works against good teams, but it doesn't.

Advertisement
The problem with a thread like this is that people are confused over the real issue that we have on defense. Last year's defense would just get gashed and people would do whatever they wanted to the tune of 500+ yards. The problem this year is that we are too pussified in the game plan to shut down particular PLAYS. Like 3rd and 2 against a running team. That's what is causing us to lose games.

So please stop acting as though teams are moving up and down the field at will as though we are a Mike Leach team, because they aren't.

Still confused, I see. If they did what they wanted, they would have scored 77 points. Our plan, and the clown just admitted it this week, is to stop big plays. And neither one of those teams had big plays. And neither one of those teams gained 500 yards. That's why this is a stupid thread.

The only one confused is you. You still don't understand the purpose of defense. Quick tutorial. You stop the other team. I have never seen such an incompetent defensive staff then the one we have now. We played 2 1 dimensional offense's and did we do the most logical thing like load the box to stop the run, oh no. We continued all game to let them control the sticks and do exactly what they wanted to.

The only one confused is you. You still don't understand the purpose of defense. Quick tutorial. You stop the other team. I have never seen such an incompetent defensive staff then the one we have now. We played 2 1 dimensional offense's and did we do the most logical thing like load the box to stop the run, oh no. We continued all game to let them control the sticks and do exactly what they wanted to.

Nah, this discussion is over your head. You still think someone is excusing the defense. That's how bad you are at this.

These may not be big plays to you, but:

3rd and 15, and 3rd and 18 completed for first downs and 4th and the state Ga........freaking TD near the endzone I was sitting in. Those three big plays were huge as they kept our offense chilling on the sideline.

3rd and 15, and 3rd and 18 completed for first downs and 4th and the state Ga........freaking TD near the endzone I was sitting in. Those three big plays were huge as they kept our offense chilling on the sideline.

Yeah, of course they are important plays. I'm trying to convince these cats that our defensive plan, as bad as it is for winning games, isn't allowing huge 80 yard plays and 600 yard games.

Defense sucks, but defense isn't going to allow 500 yards to that sht show.

Advertisement

Yeah, of course they are important plays. I'm trying to convince these cats that our defensive plan, as bad as it is for winning games, isn't allowing huge 80 yard plays and 600 yard games.

Defense sucks, but defense isn't going to allow 500 yards to that sht show.

Point taken. Got it. I let my emotions get in the way. I was at the game and it was not good!

Nah, this discussion is over your head. You still think someone is excusing the defense. That's how bad you are at this.

No, I used 2 examples of GT and Nebraska you inferred something I never stated and now you are back pedaling like always because you don't know ****. Thanks for playing.

No, I used 2 examples of GT and Nebraska you inferred something I never stated and now you are back pedaling like always because you don't know ****. Thanks for playing.

I haven't backpedaled once. Why? Because you have absolutely no idea what I'm even saying.

And the "thanks for playing" line was chic in 2004. Join us here in the future if you're going to be the middle school insult guy.

We should hold them under 300 easy but they will get 375-400 probably. A bunch of easy short throws, their run game will be better then it should. We will put no pressure on an extremely shaky QB. They will pick up a bunch of 3rd and shorts.

Then Golden will applaud the D for giving up under 400.

Advertisement

I haven't backpedaled once. Why? Because you have absolutely no idea what I'm even saying.

And the "thanks for playing" line was chic in 2004. Join us here in the future if you're going to be the middle school insult guy.

Keep banging your head against that wall... wow, stupid doesn't even begin to explain how lost you are here.

Keep banging your head against that wall... wow, stupid doesn't even begin to explain how lost you are here.

Okay, chief. I kind of see where you're coming from because I imagine that your bros over in Hialeah just think that your insults are the coolest.

Advertisement
We should hold them under 300 easy but they will get 375-400 probably. A bunch of easy short throws, their run game will be better then it should. We will put no pressure on an extremely shaky QB. They will pick up a bunch of 3rd and shorts.

Then Golden will applaud the D for giving up under 400.

But Duke and Yearby will combine for 150, and Kaaya will throw for 300 and we'll win.

Honestly, I can't see them putting up 500. Their offense is really bad.

Against our D though you just never know.

if we give up 500 yards against that terriable offense Al should fire himself and give us a refund
for speaking so much BullSh!t

Carolina looks like they may air it out...but Va tech's offense is not good... this should be either
a blow out on our end or a close loss

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back