Will the D give up over or under 500 yards vs VT?

Getting later in the season, so Al's coaching and S&C program will start to kick in. Expect second half collapses to get worse and worse. Cold Thursday night in hicksville. It will be ugly.

Advertisement
Almost zero percent chance of them gaining 500 yards on UM. I don't see them gaining 300 yards on UM. VT is horrific on offense this season. They have a spate of injuries to their RBs and Michael Brewer looks more like Randy Brewer out there.

They won't get to 350. They're a horrific offense. And without Marshawn Williams they have zero running game. With no running game and limited weapons in the passing game, they are dead in the water.

Although I do expect to see some tight end running wide *** open a few times during the game.

I'm sure that'll happen, but they're missing the big dude who gave us fits, Kalvin Cline. The other issue for them will be if Brewer will see the open receiver and then be able to hit him because he's regressed terribly since his big moment at Ohio Taint.

Al's defense has the remarkable ability to resuscitate lifeless offenses. VT's may come partying like Bernie - see weekend at Bernie's

Miamis issues are a lot less serious than people make them out to be. And that's why you change the dc and don't **** with your qb

Advertisement
VPI's offense is pretty bad. I don't think they could generate 500 yds against a high school defense. Of course, we have HS level corches, so there's a chance.

The VT team of last year was far worse than this year. Let that sink in before we start pretending we are going to kick their *** in their stadium.

I say 300-350..... I think Their WR Isaiah Ford has a big game, and Their TE Buckey Hodges also.... dnt think they do much on the ground... we will big...just my opinion

Advertisement
They are awful offensively, I think they get close to 400 against us, enough to win.

I honestly believe we could play them twice and they would maybe just get over 500 yards on offense even with our D.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Do any of you ever learn? Serious question. How many years are we going to say that VT is not the same VT, only to get beat by them? They were abysmal last year and killed us.

The problem with a thread like this is that people are confused over the real issue that we have on defense. Last year's defense would just get gashed and people would do whatever they wanted to the tune of 500+ yards. The problem this year is that we are too pussified in the game plan to shut down particular PLAYS. Like 3rd and 2 against a running team. That's what is causing us to lose games.

So please stop acting as though teams are moving up and down the field at will as though we are a Mike Leach team, because they aren't.

I'm just excited about the 2nd half adjustments Dorito will make to shut them down... oh wait. That has never happened.

Advertisement
The problem with a thread like this is that people are confused over the real issue that we have on defense. Last year's defense would just get gashed and people would do whatever they wanted to the tune of 500+ yards. The problem this year is that we are too pussified in the game plan to shut down particular PLAYS. Like 3rd and 2 against a running team. That's what is causing us to lose games.

So please stop acting as though teams are moving up and down the field at will as though we are a Mike Leach team, because they aren't.

Nebraska and GT did what they wanted and we couldn't stop them.

Nebraska and GT did what they wanted and we couldn't stop them.

Still confused, I see. If they did what they wanted, they would have scored 77 points. Our plan, and the clown just admitted it this week, is to stop big plays. And neither one of those teams had big plays. And neither one of those teams gained 500 yards. That's why this is a stupid thread.

"Playing with bruised ribs, Gunner Kiel completed 31 of 57 passes for 355 yards and three touchdowns"

Post-15337-Christian-Bale-confused-gif-Hje6.gif

We all have known since the end of last year this D would give up a lot of yards, ( not the players, the scheme) but Al stuck by his boy Doritos and this is what we have.. 450-500 yards this game and brewer will run like mike Vick against a JV team.. Sry, I hope I'm wrong!

Advertisement
Back