Update: Nigel Bethel Will NOT announce tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to imagine how we will ever win another NC without the BTW kids. I mean they were the heart and soul of every NC we ever .... Wait, didn't BTW start up about 10 years ago? Hum. about the time we started to suck big time. Maybe we should put a fence around BTW and not let any U offers inside. Then Randy can use up all Arkansas' slots on BTW kids and leave the rest of SoFL alone. Then he can do for them what he did for us. These kids can go anywhere they want. That does not mean THE U needs to support BTW's coaching staff's power base by providing offers from THE U to leverage. I assume Al will play nice until Thomas goes all BTW, then it would not be surprising if he never offers another kid from there until Ice and company are gone.

Advertisement
That story is completely made up. It's straight garbage. Neither of these situations have nothing to do with Ice nor Treon. Treon was never going to Miami because he wants a shot to play QB, Ice never cried about Miami not offering him as a QB because Treon doesn't fit their system. Nigel Bethel knew which school he wanted to go to but didn't commit because that school told him they didn't want him taking any visits, so he decided to hold off on the commitment. A lot of you are sitting here making up lies on this man just to feel good about yourselves.

I am not saying this is Ices fault but for those of you are who living in the clouds and dont think this looks super shady coming from your "feeder" school just dont get the big picture. Who cares if its 8 months before signing day? I would rather these kids just STFU like Ermon Lane then. (And contrary to what ANYBODY says NOBODY knows where this kid is going I dont care how many "sources supposedly" say he is ALA/FLA) This Deme Jackson and Patton situation comes on the heels of the MT/Kirkland fiasco. Again this is supposed to be the local FEEDER school pulling all this BS.

We didnt create all this buzz. Patton is on twitter talkin all this BS, trying to bait UM fans and now all of a sudden he backs out? DJ is talking mess about "being only committed to BTW blah blah" and trying to attract attention like he is some 5 star superstud. Lol! How about we let this kid dance a few rounds with Trevor Darling before we crown him huh? Yes they are 17 year old kids. Then fine dont commit. Dont say anything. Say you are taking all 5 visits and will decide on NSD. Like CHAD THOMAS! Nobdy is talkin ish about him because he is doing it the right way. All CT does is DOMINATE at every camp he goes to, plays his piano, and lets the media do all the speculating. Doesnt tip his hand in any direction. Thats how you do it.

Like I said, I defend BTW and Ice with the best of them but ****. Dont hang me out to dry with this BS. Because it looks shady. Like the BTW coaches are tellng these kids not to commit anywhere including your HOME SCHOOL until you take all your visits. Im cool with that. But if thats the case lets start treating BTW like its just another school then. On the same level as University School or Miami Killian. No more feeder school crap. You think Ted Ginn Sr from Ohio Glenville ever did this to Jim Tressel? Now THATS a feeder school.

Did Braxton B get Treon's ship. If u look at the timeline of events, it makes a lot of sense.

um curveball?

There were message board rumors that the local kid holding up BB's offer was Treon.

BB has mentioned politics in the couple stories he has done since his Miami offer.

Remember that Miami wanted Treon at slot WR according to the story Pete did and he said he was open to it.

Berrios getting his offer, Demetrius Jackson telling Pete that stuff, and Patten changing his announcement all happened around the same time.

Smells like ****ery to me.

But but but....Ice is a good guy and loves UM and has pure intentions towards the University of Miami. So what if the only significant recruit BTW has given the U has been his son who coincidentally came along with Lice getting offered a job?

The Lice police will be in this thread shortly reminding you of these facts. Duck for cover.
Prepare thy anu$

By the way, do you really think the BTW staff cares if the U fans don't like them? These guys are one of the best high school football staffs in the country. Harris Jr is a U alumni who was a 4 time All American while here and probably the most decorated male track and field athlete in the program's history. Do you think a young man like that is gonna be banned from UM? Seriously. Ice had one negative situation to argue about and everybody here just make up all these outside stories that he's doing all these negative things. Since he became the BTW head coach in 2003-2007 and 2011-present, Miami has gotten every top prospect they have wanted besides the TWO from last season and that's been with coach Coker and Shannon. Matthew Thomas was never coming and the Denver situation was all a mix up gone wrong. Get over it and stop lying on the man.

Advertisement
You are assuming that Nigel Bethel(Patten) was committing to us though. What if he was trying to commit somewhere else and Ice thinks he should come to us and told him not to commit if the other school told him he can't officially visit Miami? That's very possible.

You guys come up with some of the craziest ****. First Berrios got Powells spot. Then he got JoJo's spot. Then EEK! its Lanes spot! Now because you wanted Bethel to commit here and he wants to take actual visits you say Berrios got Treons spot. Maybe there are no ******* spots. Treon wasn't coming here regardless.

By the way, do you really think the BTW staff cares if the U fans don't like them? These guys are one of the best high school football staffs in the country. Harris Jr is a U alumni who was a 4 time All American while here and probably the most decorated male track and field athlete in the program's history. Do you think a young man like that is gonna be banned from UM? Seriously. Ice had one negative situation to argue about and everybody here just make up all these outside stories that he's doing all these negative things. Since he became the BTW head coach in 2003-2007 and 2011-present, Miami has gotten every top prospect they have wanted besides the TWO from last season and that's been with coach Coker and Shannon. Matthew Thomas was never coming and the Denver situation was all a mix up gone wrong. Get over it and stop lying on the man.
Can you provide the names here, of the top prospect we got? 2003 to 2007 and 2011-present...

I am not saying this is Ices fault but for those of you are who living in the clouds and dont think this looks super shady coming from your "feeder" school just dont get the big picture. Who cares if its 8 months before signing day? I would rather these kids just STFU like Ermon Lane then. (And contrary to what ANYBODY says NOBODY knows where this kid is going I dont care how many "sources supposedly" say he is ALA/FLA) This Deme Jackson and Patton situation comes on the heels of the MT/Kirkland fiasco. Again this is supposed to be the local FEEDER school pulling all this BS.

We didnt create all this buzz. Patton is on twitter talkin all this BS, trying to bait UM fans and now all of a sudden he backs out? DJ is talking mess about "being only committed to BTW blah blah" and trying to attract attention like he is some 5 star superstud. Lol! How about we let this kid dance a few rounds with Trevor Darling before we crown him huh? Yes they are 17 year old kids. Then fine dont commit. Dont say anything. Say you are taking all 5 visits and will decide on NSD. Like CHAD THOMAS! Nobdy is talkin ish about him because he is doing it the right way. All CT does is DOMINATE at every camp he goes to, plays his piano, and lets the media do all the speculating. Doesnt tip his hand in any direction. Thats how you do it.

Like I said, I defend BTW and Ice with the best of them but ****. Dont hang me out to dry with this BS. Because it looks shady. Like the BTW coaches are tellng these kids not to commit anywhere including your HOME SCHOOL until you take all your visits. Im cool with that. But if thats the case lets start treating BTW like its just another school then. On the same level as University School or Miami Killian. No more feeder school crap. You think Ted Ginn Sr from Ohio Glenville ever did this to Jim Tressel? Now THATS a feeder school.
To much coincidence, huh?

I don´t know if it´s true or not(theory of spots), but the pattern is the same since Golden took over

Advertisement
Heard a rumor that Ice will be going where Treon goes...

Wouldn't shock me at all

Would be great news that he is out of BTW. If I was Golden/staff I would ban BTW from all coaches clinics as well as open practices in which they allow high school coaches to watch.

I think Goldens' a bit too smart to go around banning coaches from clinics, although I get the frustration with BTW. Seems to me he's playing it straight down the middle. He's keeping lines of communication open, continues to recruit and offer the BTW players, and is letting it play out. One thing I don't get, strictly from an outsiders point of view, is why the BTW kids seem so confused about UM. I mean, they have a coach that was born and raised in the 305. He coached there. He sent his own sons there. Surely he knows what UM is about. If coach Harris is such a legend in SoFla, I don't get how he has such little power when it comes to the kids he coaches. I'm not suggesting that he deliberately steer BTW kids to Miami, for as any molder of young men realizes, at some point in the maturation process a man has to make a choice and live with the consequences. Coach Harris must realize this. I'm also certain that he teaches his kids that, no matter what, your word and your handshake are your bond. If you are uncertain about something, take your time about your choice, there's a lot to consider. He would communicate this to anyone recruiting a BTW player. Of course he would do this. This is what great mentors do. I'm not sure why the kids don't seem to be getting it, at least when it comes to UM. Well, in time, it will all work out, I suppose.

On another note, it will be interesting to see whether coach Harris is afforded, and accepts, the opportunity to coach his son at the collegiate level. That would have to be an exciting and tempting proposition, if offered.

I agree that if Bethel wasn't ready that he did the right thing. My complaint is with his staff, you only let them set a date if you know that it's done. Unfortunately their past (last year) is hurting their perception. Maybe they just aren't giving sound advice to kids? I mean you have 3 studs all being super flakey. At some point you sit down with the the team,individuals and the parents and explain the proper way to hadle recruiting.

What 3 studs are being flakey? Bethel set a date with his family and when he communicated with the school he was choosing they told him they didn't want him to take any visits, so he was told if he was unsure, he needs to call the whole announcement thing off. That's actually good advice.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We will have to wait till NSD to see how the BTW thing plays out. No need to panic now about it.

if politics are in play at BTW then Golden should just say **** them and look everywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back