Update: Nigel Bethel Will NOT announce tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that if Bethel wasn't ready that he did the right thing. My complaint is with his staff, you only let them set a date if you know that it's done. Unfortunately their past (last year) is hurting their perception. Maybe they just aren't giving sound advice to kids? I mean you have 3 studs all being super flakey. At some point you sit down with the the team,individuals and the parents and explain the proper way to hadle recruiting.

agree man. I have no problem if the kid is not ready. But, it is apparent this BTW kids are getting some bad guidance when virtually every big time kid they've had now (save for Chad Thomas and Treon...as of yet that is) has displayed some sort of flakiness PUBLICLY. If you are not ready, then sit back, stay quiet and keep looking (MT, Bethel, D.Jackson). If you know what you want, dont play games and jump on that offer (Kirkland) I dont really blame the kids because they are just that - kids. It is up to parents and coaches to guide them and help them handle things the right way. Bethel should not be publicly telling people that he is "going to commit just to save a spot, but I'm still open to everybody and will take all of my visits." Maybe the UM coaches saw that quote and told him keep looking because we dont want you to just save a spot and look for something better. When you decide that you want to be here, that's when you commit

Advertisement
By the way, do you really think the BTW staff cares if the U fans don't like them? These guys are one of the best high school football staffs in the country. Harris Jr is a U alumni who was a 4 time All American while here and probably the most decorated male track and field athlete in the program's history. Do you think a young man like that is gonna be banned from UM? Seriously. Ice had one negative situation to argue about and everybody here just make up all these outside stories that he's doing all these negative things. Since he became the BTW head coach in 2003-2007 and 2011-present, Miami has gotten every top prospect they have wanted besides the TWO from last season and that's been with coach Coker and Shannon. Matthew Thomas was never coming and the Denver situation was all a mix up gone wrong. Get over it and stop lying on the man.
Can you provide the names here, of the top prospect we got? 2003 to 2007 and 2011-present...
The names of the top prospectS, please...

Serious questions, because by your post you made it looks like that several BTW top prospects signed with us.

I have been pretty unforgiving of Harris, but perhaps, he is talking to the players and telling them to be sure and not flip flop, so if you are committing to save a spot, but are completely open, that is not cool.

Not sure even I believe what I just typed, but I'll wait and see how it plays out. It is probably a little of that and a little of "the Miami offer will always be there" type of advice.

By the way, do you really think the BTW staff cares if the U fans don't like them? These guys are one of the best high school football staffs in the country. Harris Jr is a U alumni who was a 4 time All American while here and probably the most decorated male track and field athlete in the program's history. Do you think a young man like that is gonna be banned from UM? Seriously. Ice had one negative situation to argue about and everybody here just make up all these outside stories that he's doing all these negative things. Since he became the BTW head coach in 2003-2007 and 2011-present, Miami has gotten every top prospect they have wanted besides the TWO from last season and that's been with coach Coker and Shannon. Matthew Thomas was never coming and the Denver situation was all a mix up gone wrong. Get over it and stop lying on the man.
Can you provide the names here, of the top prospect we got? 2003 to 2007 and 2011-present...

Serious questions, because by your post you made it looks like that several BTW top prospects signed with us.

Antonio Dixon 4 star after a year at prep. Chavez Grant 4 star out of high school played solid his sr year here. Pimp Collier had a good soph year especially on Punt returns then got in Randy doghouse and got kicked out of school after spring ball. Brandon Harris 5 star CB made 1st team all acc soph year and 2nd team his jr year now starting cb with Texans. 4 star Eduardo Clements been injured lately but is a team leader and probably our best player on special teams. Overall not bad for BTW prospects here. Davon Johnson played well last season before his knee injury.

Advertisement
Antonio Dixon 4 star after a year at prep. Chavez Grant 4 star out of high school played solid his sr year here. Pimp Collier had a good soph year especially on Punt returns then got in Randy doghouse and got kicked out of school after spring ball. Brandon Harris 5 star CB made 1st team all acc soph year and 2nd team his jr year now starting cb with Texans. 4 star Eduardo Clements been injured lately but is a team leader and probably our best player on special teams. Overall not bad for BTW prospects here. Davon Johnson played well last season before his knee injury.

I know that you were just answering the guy's question, but to the point of relevance for this discussion, none of those guys signed with Golden (or, alternatively, none of them after Ice wasn't retained).

did people suddenly forget this kid committed to FSU last fall and his coaches told him to cut the crap since he was still going to allow himself to be recruited. I guess they forgot about their UM racism that day, since they weren't happy about a kid committing to FSU without going through the process fully and being sure he was done with recruiting once he committed.

I know he changed his last name but he's still the kid that was 60% certain he would sign a LOI with the school he verbals to prior to NSD. Sorry don't need that type of kid committing early. If he losses his spot then so be it, but at least he isn't committing and still playing the game. Not a fan of any of these kids committing and still looking around. You don't get engaged and keep dating other women until the wedding day.

Thanks...

So, why do you think since Golden took over we can´t sign their top prospects anymore?

I´m asking because he was able to to sign Miramar(appears impossible a few years ago) top prospects in that time span, while a school with a so called friend of the program sudenlly can´t deliver their top prospects anymore?

Advertisement

Thanks...

So, why do you think since Golden took over we can´t sign their top prospects anymore?

I´m asking because he was able to to sign Miramar(appears impossible a few years ago) top prospects in that time span, while a school with a so called friend of the program sudenlly can´t deliver their top prospects anymore?

Just this past season was the first time we haven't gotten a top prospect from their. Lyden Trail didn't have an offer and we let Quinton Dunbar go Shannon never really wanted him and he committed to UF. Matthew Thomas was never coming here Ice and his son made him reconsider and tried to get him to UM. He stopped answering calls from UM. I still think Bethel and Chad Thomas go to UM and Treon heads OOS or FSU because they are ''Giving'' him a shot at QB..

It's very possible that Ice could have told Bethel/Patten that unless he was completely sure, then not to commit (and thereby not play around with the hometown school). Bottom line is nobody knows why he cancelled his announcement and we shouldn't presume to know.

How many kids from BTW have gone to Miami since Golden was hired?

Advertisement
Grown men shouldn't stalk kids on twitter and hang on to there every words. I'm 23 and i don't even have a twitter too much drama..

you have no friends thats why

Have fun hanging on the nuts of a 17 year olds words off the internet lol..

following recruits on twitter vs hanging on the nuts of 17 years olds. one is a social media thing the other is child molestation (painful one)

you may have issues

I see almost everyone has gone full ****** in honor of America this holiday weekend

how many kids from BTW were wanted by Miami and snubbed Miami to go to another BCS school since Golden was hired? I'll answer it three. The two from last year (Kirkland and Thomas) and Watson who was in the class when Golden got hired so he did get a full recruiting effort from the staff. People need to stop acting like BTW had tons of kids that got the full court press from Golden and they all dipped. They've had two, and one of them has already proven to be a flake even after signing an LOI.

Advertisement

how many kids from BTW were wanted by Miami and snubbed Miami to go to another BCS school since Golden was hired? I'll answer it three. The two from last year (Kirkland and Thomas) and Watson who was in the class when Golden got hired so he did get a full recruiting effort from the staff. People need to stop acting like BTW had tons of kids that got the full court press from Golden and they all dipped. They've had two, and one of them has already proven to be a flake even after signing an LOI.

So the answer to your question is every player UM has wanted under Golden from BTW has gone elsewhere.

In other words a circus of JAGS that get overhyped b/c they play for a glorified pimp/street agent.

It's very possible that Ice could have told Bethel/Patten that unless he was completely sure, then not to commit (and thereby not play around with the hometown school). Bottom line is nobody knows why he cancelled his announcement and we shouldn't presume to know.

THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back