Spring Spring PractiSe #14. Thursday April 11 -Media includes QB Cam Ward

Some more snippets from his media appearance from ON3:

“Me coming in playing a lot of football, as a quarterback you have to win over the guys in the locker room,” “It all comes to you being a team player … at the end of the day it’s been everything I expected when I came here. The culture is perfect for what coach (Mario) Cristobal has been doing, and I’m just happy to be here.”

“That was one of the hardest decisions I’ve had to make, from thinking I was ready for the NFL Draft to knowing I’m still not done yet in college,” “There’s still food left on the table for myself, for this team. The guys that we return from last season, the majority of the O line, get the whole receiving corps back, keep pieces of the defense. Now it’s just plug and play. Add a playmaker like myself in the backfield along with good running backs like Fletch (Mark Fletcher), CJ (Chris Johnson), Ajay (Allen) when he gets back – at the end of the day I feel like this is the right program not only for myself but guys that are here right now, who are going to end up coming here. We are trying to build off what we did last year. At the end of the day Miami, we have to get back up there. And it starts one game at a time, one practice at a time.”

“What you’ll see from me, the team – a whole team that plays hard,” “Everybody is ready to play together for sure."
“I’m someone who plays with an edge, I wasn’t given anything, had to earn my way to playing for a Power 5 school,” “I never lose that, carry with me every day.”

On his relationship with Shannon Dawson: He says he feels he meshes perfectly with Shannon Dawson’s hybrid Air-Raid system.

“I describe it as an Air-Raid just in the huddle – it’s a lot of concepts I’ve been running since I started college,” . “The thing about coach Dawson is he allows me to be myself in the pocket, outside. He lets me coach up the receivers on what I see. Big hat’s off to him."

“Ball security – that is something I’ve been putting emphasis on since I got here,” “I know it’s on me to protect the ball, that’s something I have to get better at. I’ve been working on it since I got here, am looking to improve on it this year.”

“If we play fast, we play hard, there are going to be a lot of teams in the country that are not going to have answers for us"

Ward says the Miami secondary has challenged him all spring.

He said nickel Mishael Powell “is starting to be that leader on defense, which they need. … He’s a good add for this team, is going to make plays for us.” Ward said Powell and Xavier Restrepo “go back and forth” winning reps in team drills.
silicon valley jared dunn GIF

Advertisement
I have to report that O.J. Simpson isn’t the only person that died today. I need to report the murder of canesville by Mario Cristobal.

Thoughts and prayers to the JB narrative. Send flowers

don't hate the question ... just don't like it that your an independent platform making moves and comin up ... not sure it's wise to **** off the head coach

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just watched and man that was cold blooded. He deserved to be called out. RIP Caneville.
When it’s all said and done, insinuating racism from a coach that recruited and is starting a guy of a similar background at the same position the guy you are implying is being discriminated against is certainly an interesting conundrum.

There are a lot of real situations in life around this topic (so don’t @ me with bs) which is why I’m not big on using it when it’s seemingly not present as it diminishes other more legitimate cases.

Advertisement
don't hate the question ... just don't like it that your an independent platform making movies and comin up ... not sure it's wise to **** off the head coach
The question was fine for anyone if it’s not already loaded in public view with an agenda

Advertisement
don't hate the question ... just don't like it that your an independent platform making movies and comin up ... not sure it's wise to **** off the head coach
Do what you want if you’re independent. If you want to spearhead a narrative don’t get upset with the consequences that come with it. Dumb **** like that and the cess pool of local media has been plaguing us. It’s refreshing to call that **** out.

Advertisement
The question was fine for anyone if it’s not already loaded in public view with an agenda
it is but the agenda was pushed by the guy asking the question. That is where the rub was. He insinuates JB, because he is black, is behind Emory and Poff. Then he asks a loaded question to Mario if JB is 4th string. The drama over the 3/4th string QB at Miami is entirely unnecessary but exactly on par for the media and fans. Mario clearly knew who he was and what he was getting at by saying "I know its a big story for you" I am pretty sure anyone would take offense to another person insinuating you are being racist.

I have to report that O.J. Simpson isn’t the only person that died today. I need to report the murder of canesville by Mario Cristobal.

Thoughts and prayers to the JB narrative. Send flowers

MY COACH SAN CRISTÓBAL!!!

You estrogen ******* just can't handle the fyzicality, the testoseronity, the masculinity, the meninity.

You just can't.

uSMY7EjvVP3xu.gif

Advertisement
Back