Spring Spring PractiSe #14. Thursday April 11 -Media includes QB Cam Ward

Advertisement
Advertisement
Now what are we going to ***** about all summer?
Hard to get excited about recruiting or roster building when young players are able to just portal with no penalty.

Young players pop in spring game, then decide to transfer because they are 2nd team or 3rd team.

Starter decides to shakedown the NIL collective, we balk, and starter hits portal for a bigger payday(Colbie Young).

Free 2 year window with a 1 time transfer if your Head Coach leaves. You can stay at school with coaching change see how you like playing for new coach, but can use free one time transfer after year.

Free transfer if you're a graduate.

Every other transfer you sit.

Solve alot of this madness.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We'll find something.
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Advertisement
Transfer portal

That's definitely going to be the story of the offseason. Parrish and Kelly won't be the last two quality players we lose. Can Mario fend off others from the top talent on his roster while cherry picking from theirs? And for that matter, how will Billy, Mikey, and our main rivals manage?

All in all, I like where Miami is positioned. I think we trade up overall, possibly significantly, despite losing some good guys.

That's definitely going to be the story of the offseason. Parrish and Kelly won't be the last two quality players we lose. Can Mario fend off others from the top talent on his roster while cherry picking from theirs? And for that matter, how will Billy, Mikey, and our main rivals manage?

All in all, I like where Miami is positioned. I think we trade up overall, possibly significantly, despite losing some good guys.
I fully trust Mario when it comes to this stuff. If we lose a really talented player, Mario will be prepared to replace that guy with someone just as good or better.

Advertisement

Yeah its a good question

With recruiting he has done a pretty amazing job of flipping big recruits and not having them bail on us. Not sure if whatever approach we use there will translate to transfers or not, and transfers are inevitable anyway, but curious to see how these next few weeks play out for sure

Advertisement
Back