2023 Official Visit Weekend: January 13-15

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
We'll keep track of both HS and Portal official vistors this weekend in this thread.

Portal:

• Damien Alford (Cuse WR, played at McArthur, withdrew from the portal according to On3, still waiting for another media source to confirm)
  • Gary Bryant Jr (USC WR)
  • Cam McCormick (8th year! OR TE)

HS:

Last edited:
Advertisement
Original @DMoney thread on Alford

Interesting comment from @A1cane about taking alford over Worsham. Hindsight couple years later is 20/20

Advertisement
Showed some potential this year

E5E9E10B-254D-41AB-8554-4056FBD7310D.png

Advertisement
Hmmmm.., @gogeta4 begged to differ in the original thread

Dont think they cooled on him. He reclassified in like August....and wasnt here playing in the states till spring. Honestly had he stayed in 2021 he would be the top wr in south florida.

There really is no 1 that can really cover him 1 on 1 consistently in the area. His wingspan is too large and he has speed. Its deceptive speed as he builds up. Sort of like Njoku they have the same gait.

Yall know where im at with it with him. He's a matchup nightmare.

He isn’t a clear cut 1 IMO which is what we need but obviously that isn’t happening until you know who is gone. I don’t even think he’d be a clear cut starter over Young on the outside, he appears pretty raw still but there are some good traits there. Just hard for me to get excited about any WR honestly without a new OC.

Bryant is a little more exciting, but he will also have much better options and is a west coast kid so I doubt that happens (unless a change is made).

Advertisement
UGA just won another natty with no clear cut #1 at WR. I couldnt tell you who there WRs even were outside of McCoskey. lol.
We might just need to have a WR by committee for now until we can correct this huge mistake in 2024.

For the folks bringinig up Bryant Jr..he is a legit option or is this just CIS putting positive vibes in the air and hoping for the best? Why wouldnt he stay on the west coast?

Nah.

Take a look at this. He had one catch in the first three games...and then he had AT LEAST one catch in the next 10 games.

He consistently had at least one big play in every game in that 10-game stretch. You can see that 11 of his 20 catches went for 16 yards or greater, plus his second reception against Pitt is a 17 yarder and his second reception against Wake is a 14 yarder. That means that 65% of his catches went for 14 yards or more, against the same exact type of competition (ACC) that we play.

It's pretty much the definition of a talented kid who hasn't had enough reps.

1673464097742.png

Advertisement
Hmmmm.., @gogeta4 begged to differ in the original thread

Dont think they cooled on him. He reclassified in like August....and wasnt here playing in the states till spring. Honestly had he stayed in 2021 he would be the top wr in south florida.

There really is no 1 that can really cover him 1 on 1 consistently in the area. His wingspan is too large and he has speed. Its deceptive speed as he builds up. Sort of like Njoku they have the same gait.

Yall know where im at with it with him. He's a matchup nightmare.
And I respect Gogeta as much as anyone on this board. Unfortunately over a 4 year period the production has not matched the potential. We need proven dudes.

Nah.

Take a look at this. He had one catch in the first three games...and then he had AT LEAST one catch in the next 10 games.

He consistently had at least one big play in every game in that 10-game stretch. You can see that 11 of his 20 catches went for 16 yards or greater, plus his second reception against Pitt is a 17 yarder and his second reception against Wake is a 14 yarder. That means that 65% of his catches went for 14 yards or more, against the same exact type of competition (ACC) that we play.

It's pretty much the definition of a talented kid who hasn't had enough reps.

View attachment 224242
Interesting... Do we know why he was targeted so sparingly?

Rambo didn’t exactly light it up before he got here either. Ypc is impressive and with a qb like TVD, he could break out
Rambo had 40 catches and 700 yds his soph year. He looked like a kid that was going to be a monster but Riley over recruited him with more talent. There was at least some history with Rambo putting up numbers.

Now I still say we get this kid cause we do know what we have at WR at this moment isn’t gonna work. Just pointing out that the statement doesn’t apply here. It sort of applies to Bryant.

Advertisement
Back