Official State Penn job as it relates to Golden Thread

Would You Be Upset If Al Left For Pedo State?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
golden put this on instagram about 30 min ago. is it a sign?

http://instagram.com/p/irz1nUrh0Q/

It's a known fact that Golden does not run his own twitter or instagram account. He's never even used it before

Lol, you must be real right with him to know that?

He doesn't do all the posting from his accounts, but to say he's never used them before would be a bit of a bold and unprovable statement, wouldn't you say?

I've seen pictures of golden recruiting through twitter DMs, so unless you're saying he doesn't do his own recruiting

Advertisement
The fact that he has acquiesced to silence speaks volumes that he is looking into PSU job, otherwise he would get out to the media and let them know his not interested.

Exactly. He's listening and consulting with trusted confidant(s). As the days go bye in silence , greater the chance he's gone.

Why on earth would PSU want Golden?

I mean are they impressed with what he's done here?

They don't strike me as an entirely Friends & Family school when it comes to hiring.

They'll want a competent coach, has Golden proven that yet? Despite the fact that he's had as hard a job as any coach has ever had entering a program, but still, has he proven competence yet? Hardly.

If Golden doesn't fire his buddy and best pal Ohnofrio, his credibility re: turning this program around takes it right on the chin. Can he ever be trusted if his buddies take precedence over his own statements about "the brand" and playing competent football.

Having said that, why hasn't he already made this firing? My hopes of this happening have plunged at the lack of news. This should have been done within 24 hours of the Bowl loss ..., no, make that the ridiculously embarrassing and shameful showing, in our first decent bowl game in a while. Frankly, the O sucked too, but the D has sucked moose balls all season long.

They may want Mike Munchak instead still.

I got a call yesterday. Source was another coach (not at UM). Rumors like this always come through the coaching community, so I took it with a grain of salt. But he said that Golden was concerned that the 2014 team (which is feeling the effects of poor 2011 and 2012 classes) would hurt his standing. His value is high now.

There is legit smoke here. If Golden leaves, I believe the first call will be to Rob Chudzinski.

Why don't I get these calls? Was it a collect call?

I'm disappointed, were is the NORAD golden plane tracker, players notified, real estate agents, "seen at joes crabb shack" , BOT said.....

Advertisement
4th year is a breakout year? Maybe, it sure as **** exposed Coker and Radio as NO Breakout bums, but Golden will use the "But...but....but we lost Morris!" excuse in high gear next year, and it will be "Wait untill 2015, when he has gotten rid of all those Golden recruits!"

The fact that he has acquiesced to silence speaks volumes that he is looking into PSU job, otherwise he would get out to the media and let them know his not interested.
He's lobbying for the job. He's not just looking into it. He will absolutely take it if offered.

yes of course you know he's lobbying for the job.... I don't care if he goes but people throw crap out as facts that aren't more than conjecture. Anyone who knows he is or isn't lobbying wouldn't be talking.

IF he was offered the job, he would bolt in a second, IMO. After 2014, his future will be as some positions coach at best.

It's a known fact that Golden does not run his own twitter or instagram account. He's never even used it before

He doesn't do all the posting from his accounts, but to say he's never used them before would be a bit of a bold and unprovable statement, wouldn't you say?

I've seen pictures of golden recruiting through twitter DMs, so unless you're saying he doesn't do his own recruiting

I bet you think the coaches handwrite all those letters they send out too.

Advertisement

Yeah because that was implied in my post. GAs obviously handle his account, but the man said he's never used the account.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys think Miami is still a top destination. Miami is a build up program. There is some talent here, buy no where near the levels of Florida state, Alabama, or even Ohio state. This will take years. You think you will just pull a guy to win titles within 2 or 3 year? Even if we could pull a guy like that, we can't pay them. We can't outbid state schools. Top guys are going to see what happens with programs like Texas. If someone goes to tTexas, that'll leave an opening for a bigger school, etc.

Miami has always been about getting guys who want to do it here or the NFL. I hope golden stays. Randy did us no favors and our recruiting should have been garbage with all the NCAA mess. Its as if you have forgotten how bad things were looking a few months ago. Injuries to our best player, best receivers. I guess we have all forgotten.

Let's call Nick Saben. Maybe he'll leave Alabama for the canes. Why stop there. Let's get Jim and john harbaugh while we're at it.

Peter Ariz ‏@PeterAriz 55s

I’ll have more on Al Golden-Penn State later tonight.

Advertisement
Dook played in the acccg, that should be all we need to know......dook football....ACCCG?

The same team that barely lost to a 1st round, College HOF worthy, QB in a Bowl game a couple of days ago?

Credit where credit is due - that was a solid team this year.

He's lobbying for the job. He's not just looking into it. He will absolutely take it if offered.

May very well be, I am only concerned about keeping the recruits in the short term. Maybe he needs to give Dorito the HC job when he's gone to finish the job he started.

The talent won't matter if the schemes don't change, so worrying about losing some recruits this year is short sighted and doesn't take into account the damamge of giving up 500 yds a game will have on every class from here on out.

Exactly. Keep being a laughingstock on the field, and it will do a lot more damage than possibly losing a couple recruits from one cycle. Just look at how fsu is widening the chasm between us. They're about to pull Cook, Rudolph, Lane, and JC Jackson.

yes of course you know he's lobbying for the job.... I don't care if he goes but people throw crap out as facts that aren't more than conjecture. Anyone who knows he is or isn't lobbying wouldn't be talking.

Info leaks out all the time. This info happened to find its way to me.

Advertisement

Yeah because that was implied in my post. GAs obviously handle his account, but the man said he's never used the account.

Chris Yandle ‏@ChrisYandle 56m
@GrozDozer @ChrisFreet he took our tweet and posted it

Advertisement
Back