Official State Penn job as it relates to Golden Thread

Would You Be Upset If Al Left For Pedo State?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you think our recruiting class doesn't fall apart, you're beyond delusional. Some guys may stick. But most of the guys will go elsewhere. Especially the top guys. So what we would be left with is a top 30 class.

I dont get the hate. You are as good as your qb is. And our qb's have not been that good. Some, if not many, have not been that good. We are getting much more talented players, and that's cause of al golden. He righted the culture, emphasized so fla again and out a goodrecruiting sstaff together. All that in the face of the Shapiro crap.

I hope he stays. He has earned the right to be here for a while. Get his guys in, his qb in and then evaluate.

So "you're as good as your QB. And our qbs have not been that good" somehow justifies Golden (being a defensive minded coach) having one of the worst defenses in college football over the past 2 years?

The talent was not as bad as the product. Fatal flaw

Advertisement
Chud is intriguing, but he's an unknown as a college head coach.

I'd prefer someone who's actually done the job. But we could do a lot worse.

Chud is a bad choice because he is a real football coach and not a blowhard used car salesman like Golden who pats himself on the back because we won 9 games but got blown out by the 4 ranked teams we played.

my concern with chud is he leaves for nfl as soon as they call.

If he gets a head-coaching job offer, then that means he did great at Miami. I can live with that.

Once this thing gets rolling, it SHOULDN'T be hard to maintain it.

If this dude bolts after all the horse **** hes had to put up with not only from being blindsided by the NCAA to all this SoFla high school football player/coach drama, then what a waste of time for him. Whether or not you believe it, Golden put his heart into trying to build this program back up, and if he skates to some cold *** big 10 rapery, than what a cop out..

Advertisement
i say butch. he will get the right guys on board. he knows he has unfinished business here. he is the one guy who can go to everyone of our recruits and say "Look at the caliber of players i put in nfl"

Maybe Al can use this for a solid effort from the University to get an indoor practice facility....and a stadium!!?!!!?

One can wish

Schiano's defense is exactly what everyone has been clamoring for around here lately.

Plus he's been a college head coach and is familiar with recruiting in Miami.

Who cares if hes a douche if he wins. Saban is a Douche.

Advertisement
And Ferman does this **** every year, dude is the definition of sensationalism in journalism. He's trying to drum up more subscriptions.

i say butch. he will get the right guys on board. he knows he has unfinished business here. he is the one guy who can go to everyone of our recruits and say "Look at the caliber of players i put in nfl"

Butch is 62. Bicho would be concerned we would not be getting the same butch we had before.

62 and just had time off. also he could leave an heir apparent. maybe even get oregron in as dc. we have some young talent. keep alot of the commits and he no doubt turns it around.

29.jpg

30.jpg

Big IF golden does leave these are the two candidates we are going after..

Advertisement
If this dude bolts after all the horse **** hes had to put up with not only from being blindsided by the NCAA to all this SoFla high school football player/coach drama, then what a waste of time for him. Whether or not you believe it, Golden put his heart into trying to build this program back up, and if he skates to some cold *** big 10 rapery, than what a cop out..

You act like the bum volunteered here the last 3 years. LULZ at waste of time. He pocketed $6M for his time here as a failure and hopefully manages to parlay his failure here it into a raise from his alma mater. $6M is pretty good cake for one win over a team with more than 7 wins.

Schiano's defense is exactly what everyone has been clamoring for around here lately.

He is also another Penn St alum...

Advertisement
Blake should already be sending out feelers just in case.

Lot of qualified guys out there right now.

Schiano, Chud, James Franklin any of which I would be ok with.

If golden bolts and we can make a hire withing a couple of days the damage to the recruiting class may not be too bad.

Every time this situation occurs, the coach comes out publicly and proclaims he's staying. Butch did it. Saban did it (like 5 times), Jimbo just did it. Al Golden's silence speaks volumes to me. We'll see.

Schiano comes here… No one will complain about our non blitzing D I will say that right now

If it were between Schiano and Chud, give me Schiano +1000.

Advertisement
Back