Coaching Jacory Harris - To me, A warning to Coach Cristobal

Canes would have crushed The GT honey Bees šŸ along with NC St and probably Louisville
Dude got benched for Nkosi Perry. He also threw interceptions at a much higher rate than Van Dyke.

25 picks in only 632 attempts

Or

23 picks in 912 attempts.

Advertisement
Just like you.
K thx

Frustrated Maya Erskine GIF by HULU

Anybody hating on Jacori after dude played with a torn ligament in the thumb on his passing hand for doggone near a full season should just stop. True Cane forever, in my mind. I respect his right to his opinion on Canes football.

Have you seen the stats for our offense inspite of TVD?

I feel like you haven't.

25th rank total offense and they averaged 32 ppg this season. After the BC game I looked up the stats on both sides and was shocked that they were among the best offense in the country

Actually there are some similarities. In 09 after a few games of Whippleball Randy got involved in the offense to put a lid on it. He gagged the assistant coaches from the media. There's some nice video out there somewhere of Randy and Whipple having a spirited disagreement on the sideline.

What a shame it would be to bring in all these WRs and have them on the bench because we are being FYZICAL.

I gotta find that clip. I totally forgot that Shannon-Whipple

Advertisement
This offense was beyond balance this season. Play calling in certain situations couldā€™ve been better. But you also had a QB throwing to wrong jersey consistently all of a sudden and a 17 year old Start games..but we could be better..but thereā€™s a sentiment weā€™ are Iowa south lol..furthest from the case

Last season we were Iowa South. As bad as last years offense was they still averaged more a couple of more points then a 10 win Iowa team

This almost contradicts what OP is saying.

Itā€™s clear the coaching staff felt Cam was their best TE. So using him primarily as a blocker was using him to his strengths.

His blocking was ***... I'm not sure he has strengths. Honestly has no business on the field.

I think a lot of the mid season game-planning was due to TVD being hurt and not trusting Emory Williams to do more than the bare minimum. There was a clear change for Louisville and Boston College when Tyler was healthy again.

To me, it's not about running the ball vs passing the ball. It's how aggressive you are. Are you using tempo? Are you pushing the ball downfield? Are you trying to score to end the half? Or are you draining the play clock, throwing 26 screen passes and taking a knee with 2 minutes left and three timeouts.

Facts!! TVD in the last 2 games was not the same one from the VA-NC State games

Advertisement
Donā€™t care how many times we threw it or ran it. Donā€™t care how many receiving yards or rushing yards anybody had. Donā€™t care how many yards per play or yards per game the team had. None of that matters. The only thing that matters is points.

26 PPG in ACC is not good enough.

Yep, this is an excellent point. Also gotta remember we went to 2 overtimes this season to help the ppg go up. Next season when they get into ACC schedule they gotta do better then 26 ppg.

miami was 42nd in the country in pass attempts per game this season. we threw more passes per game than LSU, texas, ohio state, and FSU. some of you guys wouldn't know football if one hit you in the face.
WTF where you watching from game 6 to game 10?

You talk about ā€œnot knowing footballā€? Look in the mirror.

From week 6 to week 10 we ran a similar scheme to what we saw last season. Even commentators like Hasselbach said that we were running our O out of the Pistol formation, which he himself said was Marioā€™s preferred scheme.

All of those weeks we were mostly a run on 1st and 2nd down up the middle, and then throw on 3rd and long offense. 99% of QBā€™s will struggle when you keep on putting them in that position over and over.

Games 11 and 12 we started running more spread concepts again, and added some motion back into the offense, and our O looked a lot better.

Last edited:
Even if we had to throw away every first down with a 1yd run up the middle to achieve it!
This! ^^^

These dudes must not have been watching the same games that we did.

It was mostly run on 1st and 2nd down and throw on 3rd and long. Thatā€™s mostly a recipe for disaster.

Advertisement
He has a two year stretch of interceptions that was insane! Obviously something changed once Jedd came in.

View attachment 268661

Jacory had this crazy slow looping pass that was getting picked off left and right. It was driving us crazy at the time. Going into his last year a lot of us wanted Stephen Morris to start but Jacory really put it together in his senior year. Wish we had Jedd with us a lot longer. He was here for just a short coffee before getting an NFL OC job

WTF where you watching from game 6 to game 10?

You talk about ā€œnot knowing footballā€? Look in the mirror.

From week 6 to week 10 we ran a similar scheme to what we saw last season. Even commentators like Hasselbach said that we were running our O out of the Pistol formation, which he himself said was Marioā€™s preferred scheme.

All of those weeks we were mostly a run on 1st and 2nd down up the middle, and then throw on 3rd and long. 99% of QBā€™s will struggle when you keep on putting them in that position over and over.

Games 11 and 12 we started running more spread concepts again, and added some motion back into the offense, and our O looked a lot better.

Those weren't fun games. I'm not going to lie but the last 2 games made me feel a lot better but 6 thru 10 I had some serious concerns. I remember thinking back when we were 6-2 that we were in big trouble and we were.

Advertisement
Dude got benched for Nkosi Perry. He also threw interceptions at a much higher rate than Van Dyke.

25 picks in only 632 attempts

Or

23 picks in 912 attempts.
Didnā€™t have the O-line Van Yikes enjoyed but my point stands. H ell Jacurri would have beat the Honey Bees šŸ

Advertisement
Back