Coaching Jacory Harris - To me, A warning to Coach Cristobal

PIPO

Bathing in Nole Tears!!
Premium
Jacory was on with Donno. Great interview. He talked about how when he was being recruited they told him they were changing to a spread offense. They lied to him. He shared other great stories about shouting matches with OCs about the offense, etc.

He said if he were a coach, he would recruit players that fit your scheme vs those that don’t and if you do recruit players that don’t fit, adapt your offense to fit their strengths.

To me, not Jacory, this should serve as a warning to CMC and Dawson - either recruit the QB and players that fit your scheme or change your scheme to fit the talent you are bringing in on the offensive side of the ball.

You are bringing in all of these receivers in this recruiting class. Don’t make them all blockers to fit your running agenda. Get a transfer QB that will take advantage of the skill set of the players you bring into the program.

To me, this is one of the things that has killed this Miami program prior to Lashlee and now Mario - Onion, Golden, Richt and Manny (prior to Lashlee) running antiquated systems which then forced our best skill players to basically just go elsewhere. I am not saying anything earth shattering but I hope things will trend in the right way in 2024.

Go Canes!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jacory was on with Donno. Great interview. He talked about how when he was being recruited they told him they were changing to a spread offense. They lied to him. He shared other great stories about shouting matches with OCs about the offense, etc.

He said if he were a coach, he would recruit players that fit your scheme vs those that don’t.

To me, not Jacory, this should serve as a warning to CMC and Dawson - either recruit the QB and players that fit your scheme or change your scheme to fit the talent you are bringing in on the offensive side of the ball.

You are bringing in all of these receivers in this recruiting class. Don’t make them all blockers to fit your running agenda. Get a transfer QB that will take advantage of the skill set of the players you bring into the program.

To me, this is one of the things that has killed this Miami program prior to Lashlee and now Mario - Onion, Golden, Richt and Manny (prior to Lashlee) running antiquated systems which then forced our best skill players to basically just go elsewhere. I am not saying anything earth shattering but I hope things will trend in the right way in 2024.

Go Canes!!
Have you seen the stats for our offense inspite of TVD?

I feel like you haven't.

nPsQa20.gif

Advertisement

He said if he were a coach, he would recruit players that fit your scheme vs those that don’t.

Go Canes!!
Coaches should get the best players they can, and then adjust the scheme accordingly. I always prefer the observant and adaptable coach, to the one wedded to a particular scheme and tactics.

I remember Saban saying on defense you recruit guys to fit your scheme and coach them up and on offense you tailor the offense to the talent you have.. This was years ago but seems to hold true, also he really emphasizes being adaptable. I want to see if Mario/Dawson try to force their scheme on Jacurri or actually try to put him in position to succeed. Good Offensive coaches would be able to get alot out of jacurri talent, lets see..

Saban even did it this year with his current qb, they adjusted midseason when it was clear the other guys werent it and now in position to where they are now.

Advertisement
miami was 42nd in the country in pass attempts per game this season. we threw more passes per game than LSU, texas, ohio state, and FSU. some of you guys wouldn't know football if one hit you in the face.
Cool story! We know this. Big improvement from last year.

Not sure how you can ignore certain aspects of the offense and how certain players are or aren’t being utilized (see tight ends, Brashard, Ray Ray, etc).

I wasn’t criticizing. I was pontificating what a former player said and that other steps, like taking advantage of your skilled players to be even better.

Advertisement
Cool story! We know this. Big improvement from last year.

Not sure how you can ignore certain aspects of the offense and how certain players are or aren’t being utilized (see tight ends, Brashard, Ray Ray, etc).

I wasn’t criticizing. I was pontificating what a former player said and that other steps, like taking advantage of your skilled players to be even better.
if you had said this from the top instead of "don't make your receivers blockers to fit your running agenda" i might have taken you seriously.

Advertisement
…You are bringing in all of these receivers in this recruiting class. Don’t make them all blockers to fit your running agenda. …

Go Canes!!

I’m not sure what this part of your post means about a “running agenda“? Our pass attempts versus running attempts were basically 50/50.

Actually there are some similarities. In 09 after a few games of Whippleball Randy got involved in the offense to put a lid on it. He gagged the assistant coaches from the media. There's some nice video out there somewhere of Randy and Whipple having a spirited disagreement on the sideline.

What a shame it would be to bring in all these WRs and have them on the bench because we are being FYZICAL.

Advertisement
Back