Coaching Jacory Harris - To me, A warning to Coach Cristobal

Jacory was on with Donno. Great interview. He talked about how when he was being recruited they told him they were changing to a spread offense. They lied to him. He shared other great stories about shouting matches with OCs about the offense, etc.

He said if he were a coach, he would recruit players that fit your scheme vs those that don’t.

To me, not Jacory, this should serve as a warning to CMC and Dawson - either recruit the QB and players that fit your scheme or change your scheme to fit the talent you are bringing in on the offensive side of the ball.

You are bringing in all of these receivers in this recruiting class. Don’t make them all blockers to fit your running agenda. Get a transfer QB that will take advantage of the skill set of the players you bring into the program.

To me, this is one of the things that has killed this Miami program prior to Lashlee and now Mario - Onion, Golden, Richt and Manny (prior to Lashlee) running antiquated systems which then forced our best skill players to basically just go elsewhere. I am not saying anything earth shattering but I hope things will trend in the right way in 2024.

Go Canes!!
It’s year 2 lol y’all gotta relax. we are about too have more talent in this building (legitimate talent not GreenTree AA) then we’ve had since 04. As for playing to your roster’s strengths..we’ll see what that is going forward. But if you want to win big time games against other big time opponents you gotta at least draw even in the front 7. Pretty confident that won’t be a problem here

Advertisement
This offense was beyond balance this season. Play calling in certain situations could’ve been better. But you also had a QB throwing to wrong jersey consistently all of a sudden and a 17 year old Start games..but we could be better..but there’s a sentiment we’ are Iowa south lol..furthest from the case

if you had said this from the top instead of "don't make your receivers blockers to fit your running agenda" i might have taken you seriously.
You are right. Glad we took advantage of everything.

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

Advertisement
It’s year 2 lol y’all gotta relax. we are about too have more talent in this building (legitimate talent not GreenTree AA) then we’ve had since 04. As for playing to your roster’s strengths..we’ll see what that is going forward. But if you want to win big time games against other big time opponents you gotta at least draw even in the front 7. Pretty confident that won’t be a problem here
Both fronts are of the upmost importance.

I am relaxed but you’re going into a pivotal year 3.

We improved from year one in terms of record and statistics and it’s expected to improve in year 3 from year two in terms of record and statistics and taking advantage of your offensive weapons and scheming them properly is what needs to happen.

Last edited:
Jucurri has a certain skill set ? What makes his skill set different? Is it passing running for a first down reading a defense audibles or handing off? You’re either a QB or your not.

Advertisement
miami was 42nd in the country in pass attempts per game this season. we threw more passes per game than LSU, texas, ohio state, and FSU. some of you guys wouldn't know football if one hit you in the face.
You mean like the New Fan in the Fansville commercial? But it was right to him.

Advertisement
I was referring to the game plans after UNC through Louisville.
I think a lot of the mid season game-planning was due to TVD being hurt and not trusting Emory Williams to do more than the bare minimum. There was a clear change for Louisville and Boston College when Tyler was healthy again.

To me, it's not about running the ball vs passing the ball. It's how aggressive you are. Are you using tempo? Are you pushing the ball downfield? Are you trying to score to end the half? Or are you draining the play clock, throwing 26 screen passes and taking a knee with 2 minutes left and three timeouts.

Jucurri has a certain skill set ? What makes his skill set different? Is it passing running for a first down reading a defense audibles or handing off? You’re either a QB or your not.

Yeah, this was my first thought as well. We weren't trying to force Ben Roethlisberger into running the wishbone. Jacory was in a pretty standard offense.

Advertisement
Jacory was on with Donno. Great interview. He talked about how when he was being recruited they told him they were changing to a spread offense. They lied to him. He shared other great stories about shouting matches with OCs about the offense, etc.

He said if he were a coach, he would recruit players that fit your scheme vs those that don’t.

To me, not Jacory, this should serve as a warning to CMC and Dawson - either recruit the QB and players that fit your scheme or change your scheme to fit the talent you are bringing in on the offensive side of the ball.

You are bringing in all of these receivers in this recruiting class. Don’t make them all blockers to fit your running agenda. Get a transfer QB that will take advantage of the skill set of the players you bring into the program.

To me, this is one of the things that has killed this Miami program prior to Lashlee and now Mario - Onion, Golden, Richt and Manny (prior to Lashlee) running antiquated systems which then forced our best skill players to basically just go elsewhere. I am not saying anything earth shattering but I hope things will trend in the right way in 2024.

Go Canes!!

4qgw2c.jpg

Advertisement
Back