Coaching Jacory Harris - To me, A warning to Coach Cristobal

Miami's offense was generally well balanced. The numbers can get skewed a bit because we had a quarterback who rarely scrambled and didn't get sacked a lot either so almost every called pass went down as a passing attempt whereas teams like LSU and FSU called a ton of pass plays that went down as rushing plays because they had quarterbacks who would tuck it and run a lot. Jordan Travis ran the ball 73 times this year and Jayden Daniels ran the ball 143 times. A lot of those were pass calls that turned into scrambles. Meanwhile, Tyler Van Dyke only had 24 total carries on the season.
and 749 INTs.

He threw an INT in pre-game warm ups.

True story.

Advertisement
I hope it becomes accepted soon that Miami failed Jacoby, and not the other way around like we made it to be at the time.

Advertisement
I'm gonna be honest this one time. You won't hurt my feelings over the internet brotha. Proceed with that however you like.
I'm not looking for your feelings either way. I'm here as a Canes fan/alum. Good info on this board (usually).

It was a double-entendre. One for the smile comment; the other for troll. Get it.....brotha?

You look at the stats, and we have a Top 25 Offense, even with TVD's uneven play. Get a consistent QB in and you will have an even better O.

I'm not looking for your feelings either way. I'm here as a Canes fan/alum. Good info on this board (usually).

It was a double-entendre. One for the smile comment; the other for troll. Get it.....brotha?
SmartSelect_20231130_152205_Video Editor.gif

Advertisement
Miami's offense was generally well balanced. The numbers can get skewed a bit because we had a quarterback who rarely scrambled and didn't get sacked a lot either so almost every called pass went down as a passing attempt whereas teams like LSU and FSU called a ton of pass plays that went down as rushing plays because they had quarterbacks who would tuck it and run a lot. Jordan Travis ran the ball 73 times this year and Jayden Daniels ran the ball 143 times. A lot of those were pass calls that turned into scrambles. Meanwhile, Tyler Van Dyke only had 24 total carries on the season.
Context doesn’t matter in these parts.

Just get the best and it will work out. Our running game will be better and the passing game will be more open because every team will worry about those backs.

Advertisement
Two of those games were starts with Emory Williams a true freshman

It was to be expected the offenses would be watered down…
The OC could’ve made it easier by scheming better **** for his playmakers so that he wouldn’t have to continuously try to convert 3rd down and 9 opportunities all night.

1701381260228.png

What was surprising is Dawson not asking the QB what plays he is comfortable with until Louisville game. 100s of meetings All season and he doesn't ask until the end. Something is very wrong
Not sure how true that is.

I am sure @TheOriginalCane can fill you in that TVD hasn’t been truthful in a lot of the things he has said recently.

Advertisement
What was surprising is Dawson not asking the QB what plays he is comfortable with until Louisville game. 100s of meetings All season and he doesn't ask until the end. Something is very wrong

Soooo...the working hypothesis is that...

Dawson didn't ask in the spring...or the summer...or for 10 games...

And then suddenly, when we were 6-4, he asked a few questions?

Yeah, that's not what happened.

Go to the Molly McGrath thread and read it. Tyler also didn't communicate with Lashlee. Meanwhile, with Dawson, TVD was talking about how much he loved everything...until he didn't.

It's all just a bunch of excuse-making from Tyler. And I realize the kid had three serious injuries to deal with, but the whole (fake) storyline is just garbage.

Jacory was on with Donno. Great interview. He talked about how when he was being recruited they told him they were changing to a spread offense. They lied to him. He shared other great stories about shouting matches with OCs about the offense, etc.

He said if he were a coach, he would recruit players that fit your scheme vs those that don’t.

To me, not Jacory, this should serve as a warning to CMC and Dawson - either recruit the QB and players that fit your scheme or change your scheme to fit the talent you are bringing in on the offensive side of the ball.

You are bringing in all of these receivers in this recruiting class. Don’t make them all blockers to fit your running agenda. Get a transfer QB that will take advantage of the skill set of the players you bring into the program.

To me, this is one of the things that has killed this Miami program prior to Lashlee and now Mario - Onion, Golden, Richt and Manny (prior to Lashlee) running antiquated systems which then forced our best skill players to basically just go elsewhere. I am not saying anything earth shattering but I hope things will trend in the right way in 2024.

Go Canes!!

Whoever scores the most points wins

Advertisement
Back