Coaching Jacory Harris - To me, A warning to Coach Cristobal

Jacory Harris never said Mario is taking players that do not fit his system, you do
No, he didn’t say. He talked about coaches in general and what a lot of them tend to do.

Did you not watch last year and how players on offense were a square peg being forced into a round hole?

Did you not watch any of the games this year? Some were good, others atrocious.

Xavier Restrepo being forced to come inside and block. Can McCormick being pushed out wide as a receiver when he can’t catch.

You know what - everything is fine! Nothing to see. Move along.

Advertisement
No, he didn’t say. He talked about coaches in general and what a lot of them tend to do.

Did you not watch last year and how players on offense were a square peg being forced into a round hole?

Did you not watch any of the games this year? Some were good, others atrocious.

Xavier Restrepo being forced to come inside and block. Can McCormick bring pushed out wide as a receiver when he can’t catch.

You know what - every is fine! Nothing to see. Move along.

Such a travesty....a TE being asked to catch the ball and poor little X being forced to block.

Jacory was on with Donno. Great interview. He talked about how when he was being recruited they told him they were changing to a spread offense. They lied to him. He shared other great stories about shouting matches with OCs about the offense, etc.

He said if he were a coach, he would recruit players that fit your scheme vs those that don’t and if you do recruit players that don’t fit, adapt your offense to fit their strengths.

To me, not Jacory, this should serve as a warning to CMC and Dawson - either recruit the QB and players that fit your scheme or change your scheme to fit the talent you are bringing in on the offensive side of the ball.

You are bringing in all of these receivers in this recruiting class. Don’t make them all blockers to fit your running agenda. Get a transfer QB that will take advantage of the skill set of the players you bring into the program.

To me, this is one of the things that has killed this Miami program prior to Lashlee and now Mario - Onion, Golden, Richt and Manny (prior to Lashlee) running antiquated systems which then forced our best skill players to basically just go elsewhere. I am not saying anything earth shattering but I hope things will trend in the right way in 2024.

Go Canes!!
OnlyCIS I’ve heard it all now…don’t recruit great WRs if you want to run the ball

Such a travesty....a TE being asked to catch the ball and poor little X being forced to block.
You are such a MariBro Caveman

Hammer Floor GIF by VPRO

I am done here.

Advertisement
Jacory Harris. LOL. What a bust. We could have ran spread all day and he still would have stunk it up.

He couldn't make it at the next level. It happens. Just accept it. The fans have.

I doubt @PIPO GAF whether you take him seriously or not. But maybe pull the stick out of your **** and read what he wrote as opposed to jumping all over the one point you might disagree with.

On Donno's Locked On Canes podcast, Jacory Harris glowed about Miami, Shannon, and everything related to the program. But he also recalled (super-respectfully) that he was promised a spread offense and never saw it, and that if he were coach, he wouldn't bring in players that didn't fit his system.

So if Mario (and Dawson) recruits in guys like Ray Ray, Skinner, Lofton and Jeremiah Smith, he/they better be ready for a lot of dissatisfaction and a recruiting boomerang if he/they continue what we saw in 2023. Because half of those pass attempts you are so excited about were behind the line. 80% of them were to 3 receivers, most to 1. Virtually none to the tight end until the last couple of games, and those were primarily to a blocking tight end who dropped most of his targets. That is not an air raid offense. That's not using your weapons.

I am personally hopeful that Mario allows the offense to be opened up a lot with the right QB in place. But it's a legit concern.
Do you watch other college teams?

The offense that you are clamoring for to “better suit” guys like Ray Ray etc. the majority of those passes are behind the LOS.

Box Nix is a Heisman finalist and 1/3rd of his COMPETITIONS are behind the LOS.

And 76% of completions are in 0-9 yards down field.

Home come Bama and UGA never have this recruiting boomerang problem?

Advertisement
Can you guys stop ripping on Jacory. We did that enough when he was our QB. If you just listen to the frickin podcast, you'd see he is an awesome human who has nothing but positive things to say about the team. Below is the link. Come back here and tell me how he was wrong.

Love Jacory and I’ll defend him to this day. He is a legend.

When we had Jacory we didn't need a punter. That cat could lob an int further than any kicker could kick it.
The Josh Allen Special. The long INT that serves as a punt.

Some of that was on Mark Whipple too. He obviously became disillusioned with Radio and decided to just start calling bombs EVERY possession when he wasn't having sideline meltdowns over Radio's clock management (or lack thereof).

Jesucristo. The **** we've had to deal with in relation to corches, corchinators, etc. for almost 20 years.

Advertisement
Do you watch other college teams?

The offense that you are clamoring for to “better suit” guys like Ray Ray etc. the majority of those passes are behind the LOS.

Box Nix is a Heisman finalist and 1/3rd of his COMPETITIONS are behind the LOS.

And 76% of completions are in 0-9 yards down field.

Home come Bama and UGA never have this recruiting boomerang problem?
Good One Lol GIF by Justin

@Tony4Canes - are we not part of the degenerates watching Tuesday night football?

DG - where was Brashard in that UVA & NC State game amongst others?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back