Coaching Jacory Harris - To me, A warning to Coach Cristobal

I'm hitting you with the our QB was drinking bleach and soft.

Like @cway313. I see you lil buddy : puts down dog treats :

Drinking bleach, soft and completely lost when Georgia Tech threw a zone defense at him.

Never in almost four decades of watching football do I recall seeing a quarterback look legit the first month of the season... only to look like he completely forgot how to play the game the next couple of months.

11 touchdowns and one interception the first four games—five of those TDs against aTm in a 374-yard performance—and then 11 interceptions, two fumbles and five touchdowns against GT, UNC, UVA, NCST and FSU (in bench duty).

Without Kinchen's pick-six against the Cavs, it's an 0-5 run for TVD down the stretch (through Louisville)... and people are more worried about play calling and scheme?

Dude, let's start with a quarterback who gives Miami a pretty good year, opposed to hot steaming garbage.

Advertisement
I doubt @PIPO GAF whether you take him seriously or not. But maybe pull the stick out of your **** and read what he wrote as opposed to jumping all over the one point you might disagree with.

On Donno's Locked On Canes podcast, Jacory Harris glowed about Miami, Shannon, and everything related to the program. But he also recalled (super-respectfully) that he was promised a spread offense and never saw it, and that if he were coach, he wouldn't bring in players that didn't fit his system.

So if Mario (and Dawson) recruits in guys like Ray Ray, Skinner, Lofton and Jeremiah Smith, he/they better be ready for a lot of dissatisfaction and a recruiting boomerang if he/they continue what we saw in 2023. Because half of those pass attempts you are so excited about were behind the line. 80% of them were to 3 receivers, most to 1. Virtually none to the tight end until the last couple of games, and those were primarily to a blocking tight end who dropped most of his targets. That is not an air raid offense. That's not using your weapons.

I am personally hopeful that Mario allows the offense to be opened up a lot with the right QB in place. But it's a legit concern.
This almost contradicts what OP is saying.

It’s clear the coaching staff felt Cam was their best TE. So using him primarily as a blocker was using him to his strengths.

Whoever scores the most points wins

@PIPO getting attacked for not living that .500coachlife and pointing out what J12 said about recruiting a QB…with responses blaming the **** record on our ……. QB….

We just had a monster recruiting win, and rather than enjoying a positive we’re prancing around the board acting like it erases everything causing negativity…

Fascinating.

Drinking bleach, soft and completely lost when Georgia Tech threw a zone defense at him.

Never in almost four decades of watching football do I recall seeing a quarterback look legit the first month of the season... only to look like he completely forgot how to play the game the next couple of months.

11 touchdowns and one interception the first four games—five of those TDs against aTm in a 374-yard performance—and then 11 interceptions, two fumbles and five touchdowns against GT, UNC, UVA, NCST and FSU (in bench duty).

Without Kinchen's pick-six against the Cavs, it's an 0-5 run for TVD down the stretch (through Louisville)... and people are more worried about play calling and scheme?

Dude, let's start with a quarterback who gives Miami a pretty good year, opposed to hot steaming garbage.
Right there with you pal.

We will never see anything like that Ga Tech game again in our lives.

Wildest BS I've ever seen. The entirety.

Advertisement
"To me" i thinks this thread be retarded
Seinfeld Ok GIF

@PIPO getting attacked for not living that .500coachlife and pointing out what J12 said about recruiting a QB…with responses blaming the **** record on our ……. QB….

We just had a monster recruiting win, and rather than enjoying a positive we’re prancing around the board acting like it erases everything causing negativity…

Fascinating.
It’s all good. Appreciate it!

Very happy for the huge recruiting win and sounds like many more to come. That’s fantastic!

Recruiting wins aside don’t hide the fact that coaching needs to be better in 2024. That’s what it’s all about now.

I don’t give a **** about TVD and what he did or didn’t do anymore. He’s gone!!

I care about everyone learning from this year (from both the good and the bad) and making sure we are better. It’s a crucial year for Mario and the program this year and anyone coming at me or being mad at me isn’t going to change the facts.

Advertisement
BuT wE paSs mORe tHan wE rUN dErrR!!!!!

So you guys watch the actual passing plays/scheme? There are bro style pass plays as well and outside the beginning/end of the year that's all Miami ran. If a triple option team threw it out of their scheme 80% of the time would that make it a modern offense?

Don’t care how many times we threw it or ran it. Don’t care how many receiving yards or rushing yards anybody had. Don’t care how many yards per play or yards per game the team had. None of that matters. The only thing that matters is points.

26 PPG in ACC is not good enough.

Cool story! We know this. Big improvement from last year.

Not sure how you can ignore certain aspects of the offense and how certain players are or aren’t being utilized (see tight ends, Brashard, Ray Ray, etc).

I wasn’t criticizing. I was pontificating what a former player said and that other steps, like taking advantage of your skilled players to be even better.
Our current TEs sucked balls a dropped everything thrown at them. Maybe if they made a play when the opportunity came they’d have gotten more. But they were bad.

If you want to complain about Brashard, go ahead. I can live with it. But Ray Ray is a freshman and when he was out there he looked legit scared with the ball at times. Dude is pretty small right now. He’s definitely electric and I think will get burn more as his body develops.

Our current TEs sucked balls a dropped everything thrown at them. Maybe if they made a play when the opportunity came they’d have gotten more. But they were bad.

If you want to complain about Brashard, go ahead. I can live with it. But Ray Ray is a freshman and when he was out there he looked legit scared with the ball at times. Dude is pretty small right now. He’s definitely electric and I think will get burn more as his body develops.
Ray Ray didn't look scared he looked hungry. The energy he had was special.

Advertisement

That’s all good. Good points.

But funny how when given more opportunities, albeit mediocre production - the produced vs BC.

They weren’t targeted like that in any other games. Just the occasional pass.

It’s all good. Appreciate it!

Very happy for the huge recruiting win and sounds like many more to come. That’s fantastic!

Recruiting wins aside don’t hide the fact that coaching needs to be better in 2024. That’s what it’s all about now.

I don’t give a **** about TVD and what he did or didn’t do anymore. He’s gone!!

I care about everyone learning from this year (from both the good and the bad) and making sure we are better. It’s a crucial year for Mario and the program this year and anyone coming at me or being mad at me isn’t going to change the facts.
well im sure you making a thread about how you feel is certainly going to improve the situation, thank you for your service hero

Advertisement
well im sure you making a thread about how you feel is certainly going to improve the situation
I am legit confused. Improve what situation?

I created a thread discussing what an ex-player discussed on an interview with Donno on Locked On Canes.

There are other threads you can go to. There is a recruiting, portal, Off Topic, etc - make your choice and move along, buddy!

That’s all good. Good points.

But funny how when given more opportunities, albeit mediocre production - the produced vs BC.

They weren’t targeted like that in any other games. Just the occasional pass.
I recall numerous drops in very inopportune times. Good way to minimize your opportunities.
However they are young still, except uncle Cam, and he really was an undersized tackle. But Arroyo and Williams look good for their age. I’m not necessarily writing them off, was just frustrated at times.

I am legit confused.

I created a thread discussing what an ex-player discussed on an interview with Donno on Locked On Canes.

There are other threads you can go to. There is a recruiting, portal, Off Topic, etc - make your choice and move along, buddy!

Jacory Harris never said Mario is taking players that do not fit his system, you do

Advertisement
Back