I want the TRUTH!!!!

Would you have hired Golden 2011 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I liked the hire, and still think golden is the right guy for the job. That said, I knew that this wasn't a 2 year turn around and it was going to take 3 or 4 recruiting classes to get where we want to be. We still have no evidence that golden isn't that guy.

Not enough evidence? GTFOH with this garbage.

If this was a court case the prosecution would have dropped the mic and walked away a while ago.

I didn't say not enough. I said no evidence. None of his teams have performed under their abilities. It's not like we've had an acc title roster that's not performed to that level.

Then you're even more delusional than I gave you credit for.

So you're attempting to say that we didn't have enough talent to:

-Not lose to Duke
-Not lose to VT by double digits at home
-Not struggle to beat a bad Wake Forest team
-Not get blown out by the 18th best team in the country despite 30 days to prepare for the bowl game

If you're answer to any of those are yes......then you're obviously the type that is going to blindly defend him up until and possibly through the day he finally gets fired.

It's called rebuilding.. Ask Jimbo Fisher about it when he lost to Wake Forest and NC State.
And the gap in talent between those FSU teams and WF and NC State were miles wider apart than that between Miami and Duke.

Advertisement
I liked the hire, and still think golden is the right guy for the job. That said, I knew that this wasn't a 2 year turn around and it was going to take 3 or 4 recruiting classes to get where we want to be. We still have no evidence that golden isn't that guy.

If this was a court case the prosecution would have dropped the mic and walked away a while ago.

I didn't say not enough. I said no evidence. None of his teams have performed under their abilities. It's not like we've had an acc title roster that's not performed to that level.

-Not lose to Duke
-Not get blown out by the 18th best team in the country despite 30 days to prepare for the bowl game

If you're answer to any of those are yes......then you're obviously the type that is going to blindly defend him up until and possibly through the day he finally gets fired.

It's called rebuilding.. Ask Jimbo Fisher about it when he lost to Wake Forest and NC State.
And the gap in talent between those FSU teams and WF and NC State were miles wider apart than that between Miami and Duke.

It's called rebuilding when you lose to FSU by 30.

It's called underachieving when it's any of those aforementioned events. Zero excuse for those things to happen at the University of Miami ....ever.

-Not lose to Duke

It's called underachieving when it's any of those aforementioned events. Zero excuse for those things to happen at the University of Miami ....ever.

No, during rebuilding you also lose to teams you shouldn't.. Ask Butch about it when he lost to ECU and was getting spanked by VT and Syracuse.

-Not lose to Duke

No, during rebuilding you also lose to teams you shouldn't.. Ask Butch about it when he lost to ECU and was getting spanked by VT and Syracuse.

I don't need to ask Butch...I'll ask Golden since he's been losing to teams on the regular for the last 3 years.

Enough with the excuses . With how ****** that schedule was last year we underachieved relative to our talent level.

-Not lose to Duke

We lost to those teams since our only SKILLED offensive talent was Duke Johnson, Morris and our leading receiver was Allen Hurns, Allen led all Miami receivers in receptions (62) and receiving yards (1,162) ... Second on team with six TD receptions . When Duke went down we couldn't move the sticks with the limited talent.

Morris will be luck to be a 5-7 round pick and Herb Waters is ranked on the NFL Draft Tracker DRAFT PROJECTION Round 7-Priority free agent. I don't think Miami will have even one defensive player drafted in 2014 after only one being drafted last year. In 2013 even FIU had better talent drafted in the NFL than Miami with only two players but they had one defensive player that was taken in the 2nd round. Yes we have some young offensive talent like Stacy Coley coming up but we don't have any proven talent that worth claiming is better than those teams you pointed at if you look at the NFL draft as proof. Seantrel Henderson will be our top draft pick not based on his talent or history on the field but based on his Monster-sized, long-armed and physical specimen.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Huh?!? Lulz.....Golden must be this bish's uncle or some ****.
No evidence? Really, cousin? No evidence? None? This bullsh1t you've watched over the last three seasons...gives you absolutely no pause?
Da *** outta here, man.

-Not lose to Duke we didn't lose to a 4-5 win, perennial doormat duke, and we were missing our best player
-Not lose to VT by double digits at home we both agree here, while we were still missing our best player that game was lost on special teams and of course D..
-Not struggle to beat a bad Wake Forest team Would agree with you if we had a monster squad, we don't, and defensively our roster wasn't up to par
-Not get blown out by the 18th best team in the country despite 30 days to prepare for the bowl gameThat's a solid louisville team that only lost one game all year, by 3 points, to the eventual winner of the Fiesta bowl, again, not some crap team

At some point we have to be realistic, we have to stop pretending we have the 00 01 roster and Al Golden is just messing up a good thing, we don't.

Advertisement

Huh?!? Lulz.....Golden must be this bish's uncle or some ****.
No evidence? Really, cousin? No evidence? None? This bullsh1t you've watched over the last three seasons...gives you absolutely no pause?
Da *** outta here, man.

the only evidence that we have is that al golden isn't a miracle worker.. our team and record has improved yearly, and we've done well in recruiting which makes me believe we will continue to get better.

-Not lose to Duke

I don't need to ask Butch...I'll ask Golden since he's been losing to teams on the regular for the last 3 years.

Enough with the excuses . With how ****ty that schedule was last year we underachieved relative to our talent level.

that's your opinion, my opinion is that our talent wasn't that good, especially defensively.. and that's not even considering losing Duke form the FSU game going forward.

Better coaches who are more than likely hirable for our money
Butch
Chud
Schiano
Chad Morris
Nadzuki (spelling?)
Wannstedt (oh yes, he is better)
Jim Leavitt (maybe he nut punches someone on their way out?)

Continued
Rich Rodriguez
****, tommy Bowden has a better track record
**** it, so does terry.

If this list of awe inspiring coaches is the best we can hope for, we all better hope Golden starts winning fast.

I heard the president speak last thursday.

whether or not to hire/fire football coach is probably the last thing on her mind right now.

she did say something interesting about recruits' mothers though.

Advertisement
I heard the president speak last thursday.

whether or not to hire/fire football coach is probably the last thing on her mind right now.

she did say something interesting about recruits' mothers though.

Go on......

-Not lose to Duke

Enough with the excuses . With how ****ty that schedule was last year we underachieved relative to our talent level.

There is enough data out there for anyone that wants to see it to show that it's not excuses. It's the reality of rebuilding.

Advertisement
No. Liked and still do like Marc Trestman and Tommy a Tuberville over gulden. I personally think Tubs would have lit it up at Miami with regards to recruiting as well as winning ball games. Eddie Gran, and t-rob would both be at UM right now if tubs had been hired.

No. Liked and still do like Marc Trestman and Tommy a Tuberville over gulden. I personally think Tubs would have lit it up at Miami with regards to recruiting as well as winning ball games. Eddie Gran, and t-rob would both be at UM right now if tubs had been hired.

The guy who was won 10+ games twice in his ENTIRE coaching career, he would have lit it up?

I only voted no because I originally wanted Mike Leach instead of Golden. Leach was a pipedream, though, and Golden was a much more calming/stable HC than Leach would have been thru the NCAA mess. I still love Leach as a HC, but his style would have hurt us more through The Cloud than Golden's...and who knows if Leach would have stayed the course through all of that?

Golden's resume coming in was not bad at all. He was a big name in the smaller schools that was thought to be the next guy to land a big HC gig at a BCS conference school somewhere. And you also have to remember that we were looking for someone more anti-Shannon...someone that was good with the media, someone that was a stabilizing force, someone who had more of a structured plan for coaching and recruiting. Golden is all of those things.

If I had it to go back and do all over again with that landscape and UM's money, I may have went after a Malzahn and given him a top-notch DC. Or, maybe tried to lure Petersen from Boise State. Golden wouldn't have been my first choice, but he would have been on the list.

Hindsight being 20/20, I think Golden has done as good as most other guys would have done here given The Cloud, and has this year and maybe the next to prove what he can do w/o that over his and the program's head. If he continues to stay mediocre and hover around 7-9 wins, then I would be glad to see him go and give someone else a shot. If he perks up to 10+ wins, then I'd like to see if he can continue to build us up to a BCS power where we should be.

Advertisement
Back