I want the TRUTH!!!!

Would you have hired Golden 2011 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm rather sick and tired of people saying another coach would't have stayed here through the NCAA mess, thereby implying Golden did us a favor.

What's ironic is that the cloud is the greatest thing to have ever happened to Golden. He's used the entire investigation as a way to mask all of his shortcomings as a head coach.

We started the 2011 season by losing to 2-10 Maryland and ended by losing to 4-8 Boston College and gave that fat **** an extension because of the cloud.

Advertisement
Better coaches who are more than likely hirable for our money
Butch
Chud
Schiano
Chad Morris
Nadzuki (spelling?)
Wannstedt (oh yes, he is better)
Jim Leavitt (maybe he nut punches someone on their way out?)

Continued
Rich Rodriguez
****, tommy Bowden has a better track record
**** it, so does terry.

Advertisement
Better coaches who are more than likely hirable for our money
Butch
Chud
Schiano
Chad Morris
Nadzuki (spelling?)
Wannstedt (oh yes, he is better)
Jim Leavitt (maybe he nut punches someone on their way out?)

Chad Morris please. South Florida kids would line up at the door for that offense.

I was thinking about having leach here too...... Thought he could turn our offense around..... But oh well. I guess golden was the best out of who was available.... I just don't remember that many big names that were around this time.

First, I have to roll my mind back to 2011 and not let revisionism creep into my head. I had Golden at the bottom of the list of coaches mentioned as candidates for the job. When his hiring was announced, I almost threw up. Since that was my first reaction, I have to vote no.

You drew me in with your reasonableness.

Who was on your list? (Was it a reasonable list, do you think we passed on anyone in favor of Golden?)

Do you think those on the list would have stuck around during the NCAA, either due to loyalty or lack of options?

Advertisement
Golden was a great hire in 2011. I'm still on board with Golden as long as there is significant improvement on the defense this season.

We would have been in a pretty bad situation with almost any other hire as I assume most coaches would have ran for the hills not being informed about the looming NCAA scandal prior to their hiring. We would have been an absolute toxic job to take.

It's those same reasons I'm pretty sure USC stuck with god awful Lane Kiffin for as long as they did.

Anyone who is mentioning Leach must not remember he was an unhirable lunatic who absolutely freaked out everyone from the President of the University down the first time he interviewed for the HC job here.

I thought he was an excellent hire when it happened, but now it is obvious that I was wrong. His refusal to hire a competent defensive coordinator is inexcusable. He is keeping his friend employed and enriched at the expense of the program. The blatant nepotism should have gotten him fired after this season.

First, I have to roll my mind back to 2011 and not let revisionism creep into my head. I had Golden at the bottom of the list of coaches mentioned as candidates for the job. When his hiring was announced, I almost threw up. Since that was my first reaction, I have to vote no.

You drew me in with your reasonableness.

Who was on your list? (Was it a reasonable list, do you think we passed on anyone in favor of Golden?)

Do you think those on the list would have stuck around during the NCAA, either due to loyalty or lack of options?

Peterson or Patterson were at the top of the list. Several others like Harbaugh and Sumlin (Leach without the baggage) were on my list. Reasonable? I can't say. Would those guys have stuck around? IMO, probably not. Tuberville or Leavitt would have been safe hire and we could probably have swung that. The guys mentioned that I definitely wasn't interested in were Golden and Edsall. All of this can be kind of laughable in 2014 hindsight, not so in late 2010.

Advertisement
Yes, at the time I thought it was a perfect fit. Young up and coming coach who'd experienced success as a HC elsewhere and was primed for the "big time".

Blinded by the ineptitude of previous regimes, I allowed Used Car Salesman AL to sell me the '79 Buick Skylark with 250k miles like a lot of other Canes fan.

I was thinking about having leach here too...... Thought he could turn our offense around..... But oh well. I guess golden was the best out of who was available.... I just don't remember that many big names that were around this time.

Uhhhh.......Marc Trestman, anyone?

[video=youtube;Hz1E-F37XmY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz1E-F37XmY[/video]

[video=youtube;nBlyI_l9upI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBlyI_l9upI[/video]

Advertisement
"You can't handle the truth!!!"

Come on. Nobody??? The thread title begged for it.

Uhhhh.......Marc Trestman, anyone?

I was iffy about trestman.....thought what he did only worked in the cfl, plus he been away from the college game for a while(besides that quick stint with ncsu)....but now.....u have a valid point

Of the candidates we were looking at in 2011, only Trestman caught my eye. That being said, I bought in completely to what Golden was selling. He's a great politician and has parlayed an uncanny ability to sell dreams to fan bases who are at their lowest points into a lucrative football career. He just has no concept of what it takes to win a football game. He might be great at fundamentals, but he is clearly not innovative, stubborn, and too smart for his own good in that he thinks he can talk his way out of any scenario. I really think we are stuck with him until AT LEAST his contract is up. He is perfect for Shallallalalalalalalala, He's the big green head talking while trollgladyke pulls the strings behind the curtain. In Golden She doesn't have to justify her disinterest in fielding competent athletics teams. Godlens can manipulate the media on his own without her having to divert time away from pile driving UM's medical school into the ground.

Advertisement
Back