How much longer until we declare LT officially a bust?

Advertisement
Mel Kiper still has LT as the #1 DT and #17 overall draft prospect.

17. Leonard Taylor III, DT, Miami
6-3, 305 pounds | Previously: NR

I'm a big fan of Taylor. He fires off the ball and understands how to disengage from blockers to create a tackle for loss; he has put up back-to-back seasons with at least 10. He's powerful and can use his strength to beat double-teams. He pushes the pocket from the interior, making it tough for quarterbacks to step up and deliver throws. He had just six sacks over three seasons, so he still has room to grow as a pass-rusher. He has one so far this season.

Defensive tackles​

1. Leonard Taylor III, Miami
2. Jer'Zhan Newton, Illinois
3. Kris Jenkins, Michigan
4. T'Vondre Sweat, Texas
5. McKinnley Jackson, Texas A&M
6. T.J. Sanders, South Carolina
7. Mekhi Wingo, LSU
8. Tyleik Williams, Ohio State
9. Keith Randolph Jr., Illinois
10. Howard Cross III, Notre Dame

I'm a big fan of Taylor. He fires off the ball and understands how to disengage from blockers to create a tackle for loss; he has put up back-to-back seasons with at least 10. He's powerful and can use his strength to beat double-teams. He pushes the pocket from the interior, making it tough for quarterbacks to step up and deliver throws. He had just six sacks over three seasons, so he still has room to grow as a pass-rusher. He has one so far this season.

Defensive tackles​

4. T'Vondre Sweat, Texas
7. Mekhi Wingo, LSU

It’s not the talent that should worry gm’s. It’s the effort , eating / working like a professional and questions if he loves the game. Those are legit red flags that teams will have to dig into before using a high pick on him.

It’s not the talent that should worry gm’s. It’s the effort , eating / working like a professional and questions if he loves the game. Those are legit red flags that teams will have to dig into before using a high pick on him.
Him being out for the spring was a set back for him physically in terms of staying In shape. But as the season goes on he will gradually improve in that aspect

Advertisement
Not sure how grown men can call a young man a bust simply because he didn’t live upto the expectations that they themselves set for the young man. Has he made plays in games? Sure has. Has he disappeared in games? Sure has. Nevermind the “blood, sweat, and tears” he gave for the University for however long he’s been here. Pretty sure he’ll play in the league and for that he’s doing a **** of a job playing the game he loves.

It was simply a suggestion to help your vision. I'm a little clueless....you'll have to pardon my aggressiveness in hurling insults. I thought it was funny. You did not. Pardon me. It's a chat room full of meatheads - myself included. Lighten up a bit Francis.

You don't have to agree with me that he's a bust. He hasn't lived up to expectations and he certainly has consistency issues. The graphics show that. Just because you don't agree with my take, doesn't make me (or you) a doosh. It's a difference of opinion. The graphic that you're saying is arguing against my own point as you say, shows someone who is incredibly inconsistent. He's had very good games against Clemson, Temple and Bethune. 2/3 of those teams suck and he should dominate them. The rest of his PFF grades are average at best. I posted this BEFORE the Clemson game. One game does not change my overall opinion on his body of work thus far. I also fully admit that the body of work is still incomplete. I'm also NOT rooting against LT. I'm frustrated that he hasn't played to the level I was expecting and hoping for. Against Clemson, he was outstanding. Does that make me want to back off the bust claim? Eh, maybe, maybe not. Time will tel on that.

You can consider this reply an apology. I'm not sending you flowers. Or a dong. And if you don't understand the "Lighten up Francis" comment, you need to google it for Sergeant Hulka's sake.
Bro not everyone jokes about messing around dik. You dont tell someone to lighten up after inviting them to dik. IRL **** like that would get you hit in the mouth

Advertisement
His PFF grade for the UVA game was the lowest he’s had all year — in the 20s.

Dude just can’t seem to stay consistent.
And this is why i will feel bad for any nfl team that drafts him.

I'll rephrase, safe to say LT does NOT have that dawg in him...(CIS fav phrase)

Advertisement
I guarantee he balls out against Fsu and probably NC State since he’ll get some blow back from his effort yesterday. This is why he’s purely an enigma. NFL teams better look long and hard at this one.
He should be text bros with Calais Campbell. He may need someone to show him how to do the whole 'live football' thing. Seems like the type of guy that needs a consistent mentor.

And this is why i will feel bad for any nfl team that drafts him.

I'll rephrase, safe to say LT does NOT have that dawg in him...(CIS fav phrase)
I wouldn't say dawg. Cause he can be a dawg when he wants to be. I call it motivation to be the best. He lacks that. That effort weekend to weekend. That's what i see.

I guarantee he balls out against Fsu and probably NC State since he’ll get some blow back from his effort yesterday. This is why he’s purely an enigma. NFL teams better look long and hard at this one.
Honestly if he does ball out and becomes a first round pick I take that as a win.

We get good performances that we need and can sell the 1st round pick to the next recruiting classes and which will hopefully net us more Bain and Kiko Mauigoa types with hustle, heart and talent.

Advertisement

Defensive tackles​

4. T'Vondre Sweat, Texas
7. Mekhi Wingo, LSU

But but CIS told me he’s a bust

Honestly if he does ball out and becomes a first round pick I take that as a win.

We get good performances that we need and can sell the 1st round pick to the next recruiting classes and which will hopefully net us more Bain and Kiko Mauigoa types with hustle, heart and talent.
It’s just sad we have a first round talent that doesn’t have first round effort and work ethic. Film doesn’t lie

Advertisement
Back