How much longer until we declare LT officially a bust?

Advertisement
The OP got back up, dusted himself off, stuck to his guns and saved this RECEIPT.
Tip of the cap. 🎩
San Diego Lol GIF by San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance

Advertisement
I'll hold my L on this.

I thought for sure Leonard Taylor would get drafted & I definitely didn't think he was a bust, I was clearly wrong.

Salute to you @BigDikDaddyFromCincinnati (Pause)
Coming in here to say, this post deserves respect.

A lot of these dudes are getting called out for their wrong takes and being defensive little twats about it.

Take you L's like men, gentlemen. Getting defensive aint a good look.

Advertisement
I'll hold my L on this.

I thought for sure Leonard Taylor would get drafted & I definitely didn't think he was a bust, I was clearly wrong.

Salute to you @BigDikDaddyFromCincinnati (Pause)

You were right that Taylor is talented.
Some kids simply don't want to put in the time, blood, sweat and tears.
I'm fact, many of them don't give a rip about the college football game. They just want the NFL money.
Period.
There is nothing necessarily wrong with that sentiment except this ultimately not good for the kid and worse for the program which has him in scholarship and, unfortunately, UM is a magnet for this sort of prospect. Let's face it, many of the kids we sign are not into this school for the love of am academic program, traditional college vibe and setting and other rah-rah stuff. They are here for the "three year program" as the infamous Willie Williams once said. So there is nothing wrong in your projection of this particular prospect as no one knows what is in his heart except him.

Advertisement
You were right that Taylor is talented.
Some kids simply don't want to put in the time, blood, sweat and tears.
I'm fact, many of them don't give a rip about the college football game. They just want the NFL money.
Period.
There is nothing necessarily wrong with that sentiment except this ultimately not good for the kid and worse for the program which has him in scholarship and, unfortunately, UM is a magnet for this sort of prospect. Let's face it, many of the kids we sign are not into this school for the love of am academic program, traditional college vibe and setting and other rah-rah stuff. They are here for the "three year program" as the infamous Willie Williams once said. So there is nothing wrong in your projection of this particular prospect as no one knows what is in his heart except him.
Great post but we aren’ta magnet for these types of kids. He was scraps. He was a Manny kid. If he didn’t go to Bama,LSU or UGA, that means they saw something in him that we didn’t see or ignored. I’m hoping Mario is bringing in kids that are old school and aren’t SEC scraps

Great post but we aren’ta magnet for these types of kids. He was scraps. He was a Manny kid. If he didn’t go to Bama,LSU or UGA, that means they saw something in him that we didn’t see or ignored. I’m hoping Mario is bringing in kids that are old school and aren’t SEC scraps
What all those SEC schools saw in him was a lazy kid that was just getting by in high school off being bigger and faster than anyone he played against, but wasn’t willing to put in the work necessary to be great. The kid has always been what he is, and that is a person that isn’t truly about this life and the work necessary to succeed in it.

[thingies?

Simply because a kid wasn't reportedly recruited by Bama, LSU or UGA (is this true?) it doesn't mean he was necessarily "scraps". Lots of talented players in the country who can play with or against those three schools. Some of them even recruited while playing at UM or elsewhere: see Colbie Young and the Toledo CB who was recruited by Nick Saban. This particular Taylor kid played on a very successful program in a very talent rich area of the country. Lots of coaches including some of our previous ones have done with talent of similar profile. I'm no Manny Diaz, hated the way how he ended up HC at UM, but we need to take it easy with the " he's a Manny Diaz..." throwaway line. Lots of players with similar physical traits have done well with coaches who weren't all that as well. Just look at the NFL rosters.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back