Golden gets it

Advertisement
Bunch of morons, you wonder why the recruits think u guys are jerks. I know 3 kids my friend coached who liked Miami and went to others schools because of the "NCAA" one is ranked a top 5 wr prospect for next years nfl draft, the other will be starting rb as a true soph for a top SEC school.

So Alex Collins and who else?

know david williams of south carolina, gerald bowman who went to USC, and Jalean Strong of Arizona St. They stayed in contact with their coaches and all bought into the NCAA stuff.

Wait, Arkansas is a top SEC school? Their moron of a coach (and the idiots on his staff) will be fired before the fifth game this season. They went 0-8 in the SEC last year. Just saying. :)

Golden has been making solid moves as of late. Since day 1 his marketing of the U brand has been outstanding and is likely a major factor of the recent recruiting success. Making hires like ice and beard show me he has a progressive mindset and is maybe beginning to understand the culture more so than when he first arrived.

I agree that obviously at some point it needs to translate to wins. But we need the horses to win. Yes, he needs to actually sign these guys, and the class of 2016 signing day is a long ways away. But we don't need to win national championships in the mean time to keep these guys committed and eventually get them signed. I think not looking like a dumpster fire on the field combined with (a) getting the young talent burn to show he will play freshman and (b) some of that young talent shining ala Stacey Coley should be enough to keep the momentum going.

Count me as still on the Golden team. I think the guy can win us championships.

Advertisement
FSU fans wanted to dump Fisher. Fisher took 5 years with better talent and no NCAA over his head.

FSU fans wanted to dump Fisher. Fisher took 5 years with better talent and no NCAA over his head.

So you're saying Golden should get 3-4 more years?

So you're saying Golden is comparable to Fisher?

some of you guys have no analytical skills. I was saying FSU kept him and Golden inherited a way worse situation. Fisher wasnt inheriting a team full of aj highsmiht, ty corenlius, gaines, etc. Also, he didnt have every coach around him neg recruiting that the NCAA was shutting his program down.

some of you guys have no analytical skills. I was saying FSU kept him and Golden inherited a way worse situation. Fisher wasnt inheriting a team full of aj highsmiht, ty corenlius, gaines, etc. Also, he didnt have every coach around him neg recruiting that the NCAA was shutting his program down.

Sooo, how many more years should Golden get?

Advertisement
Unless a coach inherited a stacked roster which isn't likely, you should wait til the roster is the full of players that coach recruited. So 4 years at least, then add on extenuating circumstances if any. In Goldens case I think 5 years is good, maybe 6 if promise is shown. Not that I'm bypassing this season but next season Golden won't have a single thing he can fall back on. It will be a roster full of his players, the cloud will be well behind him, and there won't be any uncertainty at QB like this season.

Golden has been making solid moves as of late. Since day 1 his marketing of the U brand has been outstanding and is likely a major factor of the recent recruiting success. Making hires like ice and beard show me he has a progressive mindset and is maybe beginning to understand the culture more so than when he first arrived.

I agree that obviously at some point it needs to translate to wins. But we need the horses to win. Yes, he needs to actually sign these guys, and the class of 2016 signing day is a long ways away. But we don't need to win national championships in the mean time to keep these guys committed and eventually get them signed. I think not looking like a dumpster fire on the field combined with (a) getting the young talent burn to show he will play freshman and (b) some of that young talent shining ala Stacey Coley should be enough to keep the momentum going.

Count me as still on the Golden team. I think the guy can win us championships.

Agreed everything but the championship part. Need a little more acta non verba before I go there.

5 years to do what? It took him-

1 year to play in the ACCCG.
1 year to win 10 games.
1 year to win a bowl.
3 years to win the ACC.
3 years to win 12 games.
4 years to win 4 bowls :)
4 years to win 14 games.
4 years to win the NC.

It took Al 3 years to equal Jimbo's worst season (9-4) :)

Last edited:
Advertisement

1 year to win 10 games.
1 year to win a bowl.
3 years to win the ACC.
3 years to win 12 games.
4 years to win 14 games.
4 years to win the NC.

1 year to win 10 games.
1 year to win a bowl.
3 years to win the ACC.
3 years to win 12 games.
4 years to win 14 games.
4 years to win the NC.

Let's not overlook that fact that Jimbo has been with FSU since 2007 and was HC in waiting during the time before he became HC.
Just thought I'd point out that minor detail you overlooked.
Who needs rival fans when you have your own playing the role.

1 year to win 10 games.
1 year to win a bowl.
3 years to win the ACC.
3 years to win 12 games.
4 years to win 14 games.
4 years to win the NC.

Let's not overlook that fact that Jimbo has been with FSU since 2007 and was HC in waiting during the time before he became HC.

I'm sure that he had complete authority over Amato, Andrews, Bowden, etc. He hired an almost completely different staff when he took over and still accomplished more in his first year than Al has in 3.

Advertisement

1 year to win 10 games.
1 year to win a bowl.
3 years to win the ACC.
3 years to win 12 games.
4 years to win 14 games.
4 years to win the NC.

I'm sure that he had complete authority over Amato, Andrews, Bowden, etc. He hired an almost completely different staff when he took over and still accomplished more in his first year than Al has in 3.

Right cause the FSU situation he stepped into was so much worse then the situation Golden stepped into.

1 year to win 10 games.
1 year to win a bowl.
3 years to win the ACC.
3 years to win 12 games.
4 years to win 14 games.
4 years to win the NC.

He was losing to Wake Forest and NC State despite having wider talent gaps than any talent gap Golden has had with any team that he's lost too. But keep on slurping a rival coach to knock our own.. Great fans we have.

1 year to win 10 games.
1 year to win a bowl.
3 years to win the ACC.
3 years to win 12 games.
4 years to win 14 games.
4 years to win the NC.

He was losing to Wake Forest and NC State despite having wider talent gaps than any talent gap Golden has had with any team that he's lost too.

lulz

You really pulled that stat right out of your ***. He's never lost to a team with a losing record in the regular season-it's not like he lost to a 2-10 Maryland team.

1 year to win 10 games.
1 year to win a bowl.
3 years to win the ACC.
3 years to win 12 games.
4 years to win 14 games.
4 years to win the NC.

He was losing to Wake Forest and NC State despite having wider talent gaps than any talent gap Golden has had with any team that he's lost too.

lulz

You really pulled that stat right out of your ***. He's never lost to a team with a losing record in the regular season-it's not like he lost to a 2-10 Maryland team.

Let me repeat HE LOST TO WAKE FOREST.
The GAP in talent between FSU and WAKE FOREST was 1.9999 Billions times wider than between Miami and Maryland.. Same for NC STATE when they lost to them.

Advertisement
Back