Official Fall PractiSe #4: Tuesday August 9

Advertisement
Saying I have no problem playing the best person even if he’s a true freshman does not mean guaranteed starter but it doesn’t matter to them. Anything to excuse Billy getting beat on the trail.

Of course when it came to Rashada they were ok with Billy promising him the starting job next year.
I think this is what JJ and Butch Davis were doing. That was the mentality then. The seniors would not want to be taken out of the game even if they were hurt because the juniors are waiting for their opportunities to get on the field and prove they were is better. That is totally different though from promising someone to be a starter. After all, he is a HS recruit and hasn't proven anything in college yet.

Advertisement
So Sperman is a QB whisperer now. LOL!
LOL. Yeah Ferman is acting like this is JBs 3rd year in the program. The rap on him was that he needed time to shape up his mechanics. He has 2 years to get it together because once Garcia leaves after 2023 (yeah, I think he is one and done) then its a "do or die" battle between him and Rashada in 2024. Whoever loses, will transfer.

Anyone know if we run this drill with our CBs? Boxing gloves on to prevent holding during 1-on-1's.

View attachment 203392
No, but it’s actually an effective drill.

The idea is to build up the muscle memory into not immediately grabbing high when the ball is in play.

In today’s game they call P.I for **** near any contact, so as a DB coach you want to teach your guys how to have the least amount of contact as possible while still being able to make a play on the ball while reading the WR & playing through the hands to knock it down at it’s high-point or disrupt the WR’s ability to catch it & hang onto it.

People’s fan-first inclination will be to clown a drill like that, but Mike Reed is no dummy...

Advertisement
hip hop dance GIF by RECORDS

The idea is to build up the muscle memory into not immediately grabbing high when the ball is in play.

In today’s game they call P.I for **** near any contact, so as a DB coach you want to teach your guys how to have the least amount of contact as possible while still being able to make a play on the ball while reading the WR & playing through the hands to knock it down at it’s high-point or disrupt the WR’s ability to catch it & hang onto it.

People’s fan-first inclination will be to clown a drill like that, but Mike Reed is no dummy...
I mentioned this earlier. Bill has been doing it in camp the past few weeks. He has a bit of a track record.

Advertisement

I like.

The Patriots have been running this drill for two decades now.

People who clown this have zero ******* clue about football.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back