Dorito's philosophy for his DBs

I honestly believe he thought this was a good thing to say in public. Like, who outright admits to coaching scared?

Advertisement
How Can you be any resemblance of a Defensive Coordinator and admittedly want to play passively or Coach scared?......

I wouldn't want this ***** coaching pop warner.... mitey mites

JC

I don't get the Carroll quote. Doesn't Seattle run press man with Sherman and company? I can understand safeties being deep if you're in cover-2 or single high, but for the CBs it makes no sense.

Nah, they play a cover 3 zone most of the time but the corners still press.

you dont have to be in man to get phyaical with a wr.

ahhh that's a problem, they don't want those kids getting physical

Not sure if it was already mentioned in here, if so I missed it. But I recall last year someone started a thread that referenced an article on the seahawks' defense and how pete carroll adapted hs defensive scheme while at usc from the more complex one he ran in the nfl to a more straight-forward/simplistic approach, which he still runs with the seahawks.

the fact that dorito chose to mention pete carroll only proves one of two things: either he is trolling (unlikely but possible) OR, more likely, he is proving beyond any sembelence of a doubt how ******* DUMB he is. It is mind numbing that he would mention the seahawks defense while then essentially stating his approach is more or less opposite. Guy is such a POS.

Advertisement
I don't get the Carroll quote. Doesn't Seattle run press man with Sherman and company? I can understand safeties being deep if you're in cover-2 or single high, but for the CBs it makes no sense.

Nah, they play a cover 3 zone most of the time but the corners still press.

you dont have to be in man to get phyaical with a wr.

ahhh that's a problem, they don't want those kids getting physical

Not sure if it was already mentioned in here, if so I missed it. But I recall last year someone started a thread that referenced an article on the seahawks' defense and how pete carroll adapted hs defensive scheme while at usc from the more complex one he ran in the nfl to a more straight-forward/simplistic approach, which he still runs with the seahawks.

the fact that dorito chose to mention pete carroll only proves one of two things: either he is trolling (unlikely but possible) OR, more likely, he is proving beyond any sembelence of a doubt how ******* DUMB he is. It is mind numbing that he would mention the seahawks defense while then essentially stating his approach is more or less opposite. Guy is such a POS.

I'm going with this.

I'm not sure why I'm still so surprised that he actually said this, and maybe because it's because he so clearly stated what we've all believed was the strategy, but I can't get over his clear statements regarding the reasoning for how our secondary is taught to play. His comments about the secondary really tie the entire terrible defensive strategy all together - our 3 down lineman, who are all basically DTs, are instructed to try and hold the point of attack against the run while our 3 LBs try and come from 7 yards deep, and our safeties are coming from 12 yards deep, to tackle RBs or QBs that are running downhill because our DL doesn't get penetration. Our rush end sometimes is asked to set the edge, sometimes asked to cover out in space, and when he's out in space, sometimes asked to try and make open field tackles, even though he's much better suited to be a pass rusher. With this passive defense, it's shocking that teams are able to grind us down with 5-10 yard runs, just shocking!

Against the pass, our 3 DTs try and generate pressure, sometimes with the help of a rush end or an OLB, who generally shows he's going to blitz, with the predictable result that we have a hard time generating pressure. Our CBs generally don't play press coverage because god forbid we risk getting beat deep, so WRs get a free release. Our safeties have been instructed to not give up anything over the top ever, so they are always backpedaling, even from their deep starting point, and generally are not in position to make plays on balls in the air (because it's better to let the guy catch it and try and tackle and not risk playing the ball and getting beat deep). Our LBs are left to cover slot WRs and the middle of the field, usually without the help of our safeties who are deep, leaving the middle of the field open. With no pressure on the QB, and no pressure on WRs through bump coverage, and our safeties really deep, its shocking that we get carved up underneath - but at least no deep passes!!!

What makes this passive scheme even more terrible is that we play in the ACC, with South Florida athletes. There are 2 offenses in the ACC that generally have explosive players at WR- FSU and Clemson. Otherwise, who else even has the consistent ability to beat us deep? So we play a passive defensive strategy in an offensively inept conference, even though we generally have had the players, even under Golden, to attack other teams mediocre offenses. Instead, our passive scheme allows other teams to stay in the game because we're happy to give up short plays all the way down the field. We're happy to leave our safeties deep against GT and Nebraska because of the threat, no matter how small, that they will beat us deep. What an absolute disgrace.

Once again, taking from my own past thread, we are a program once built on the cutting edge of aggression that now operates in paralyzing fear.

It makes me feel sick.

I would rather go down swinging and get KO'd than lose on a majority decision every ******* week. Disgusting.

Advertisement
The more these ******** talk, the deeper the hole gets. It's plenty big enough to fit them all - Golden and Co, Blake, and Shalala.

Blow it up and start over.

Once again, taking from my own past thread, we are a program once built on the cutting edge of aggression that now operates in paralyzing fear.

It makes me feel sick.

I would rather go down swinging and get KO'd than lose on a majority decision every ******* week. Disgusting.

Agree 1000%.

Take your chances and let your players play, put up jamming WR's and tell them the games on their shoulders.

It makes me feel sick.

Agree 1000%.

Take your chances and let your players play, put up jamming WR's and tell them the games on their shoulders.

Did any of our coaches actually watch Tracy Howard in high school? How about Artie?Crawford? Jesus Christ that's all those guys did was get in people's faces.

How about Jamal Carter? Who watches that kids ******* tape and says "let's play him 25 yards off the ball"?

Get these guys out of my sight

It makes me feel sick.

Agree 1000%.

Did any of our coaches actually watch Tracy Howard in high school? How about Artie?Crawford? Jesus Christ that's all those guys did was get in people's faces.

How about Jamal Carter? Who watches that kids ******* tape and says "let's play him 25 yards off the ball"?

Get these guys out of my sight

It's absolutely baffling. Our coaches obviously watch them play extensively in high school, because they recruit them! It's mind-blowing that they take a kid who earned his 4/5 star rating because of his athletic ability and aggressive style of play, and then ask the kid to play a style that 1) they haven't played 2) goes AGAINST the style of play that helped them become an elite HS player in the first place.

I don't know what to do but just laugh at that.

Advertisement
Lmaoooo

D’Onofrio is opposed to having his corners play tighter coverage because “we certainly don't want gamblers. The worst thing we could do is give up an easy touchdown on defense, right?"

UM would prefer a long drive against them if given a choice between a methodical march and a quick strike.

“We certainly can't have our [last line of defense safeties and corners] not be deep,” D'Onofrio insisted.

“That's the worst thing that can happen to a defense. I hear [Seattle coach] Pete Carroll say it: `When you're deep, you're deep,' and it's worked good for him. The deep players need to stay deep.”

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...hins-um-defense-heat-notes.html#storylink=cpy

Meant Goden's philosophy in the title. ******* losers

fire them all tired of them playing like a *****

I honestly believe he thought this was a good thing to say in public. Like, who outright admits to coaching scared?

Pretty ignorant makes it for the upper people to pull the plug on him too with these kind of loser statements

Our ******* defense gets worn out every **** game. By the 4th quarter they are toast. You can't play ******* zone without a good pass rush. It just doesn't work.

COTDAMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF WE WAS IN CHURCH I'D STAND UP AND CLAP AND RUN DOWN THE AISLE WOW JUST ******* WOW THIS SUMS IT ALL UP IN ONE POST. IF I COULD MY FRIEND I'D BUY YOU A FAKE CROWN TO WEAR FOR TODAY.

JUST GONNA HAVE TO SETTLE FOR REP

Advertisement
I dare any of you mfkas to defend his statements

end-pulp-fiction-o.gif

It makes me feel sick.

I would rather go down swinging and get KO'd than lose on a majority decision every ****ing week. Disgusting.

The message the coaches are relaying is also disingenuous. As if playing aggressively automatically translates into getting beat deep. So, it's either play aggressive and get beat deep or play the way we play and hope the other team makes a mistake. Nothing in between? GTFOOH.

Advertisement
Back