Dorito's philosophy for his DBs

tumblr_inline_mw07ftulrE1roaww0.gif

Advertisement
I don't get the Carroll quote. Doesn't Seattle run press man with Sherman and company? I can understand safeties being deep if you're in cover-2 or single high, but for the CBs it makes no sense.

Nah, they play a cover 3 zone most of the time but the corners still press.

you dont have to be in man to get phyaical with a wr.

Ah, ok. I don't watch much NFL these days, especially Seatte. I just always see Sherman up in guys grills and draped all over them up and down the field.

The entire point of having deeper than the deepest safeties is to be aggressive in coverage.

Advertisement
Please keep this post handy for ****'s that want to blame good CB's like Tracy Howard and company for not breaking on 5 yard slants and out routes.

Howard's greatest assets is to be a bump and run corner, and is capable of shutting down intermediate routes.

Yet, Dorito boasts about making this talented group of CB's play 7-10 yards off the ball. SMH :stephenahand:

Lmaoooo

D’Onofrio is opposed to having his corners play tighter coverage because “we certainly don't want gamblers. The worst thing we could do is give up an easy touchdown on defense, right?"

UM would prefer a long drive against them if given a choice between a methodical march and a quick strike.

“We certainly can't have our [last line of defense safeties and corners] not be deep,” D'Onofrio insisted.

“That's the worst thing that can happen to a defense. I hear [Seattle coach] Pete Carroll say it: `When you're deep, you're deep,' and it's worked good for him. The deep players need to stay deep.”

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...hins-um-defense-heat-notes.html#storylink=cpy

Meant Goden's philosophy in the title. ****ing losers

I feel actually bad for Golden...he's attempting to be loyal, but ****.... Your best friend is sinking the ship.

Your best friend needs to be drug-tested!! It's time for Dorito to either be forced or tricked into intervention!!

this sh*t is sickening.............. we have to make some changes on that side of the ball. donofrio has to f_cking go.........

Advertisement
I feel actually bad for Golden...he's attempting to be loyal, but ****.... Your best friend is sinking the ship.

Your best friend needs to be drug-tested!! It's time for Dorito to either be forced or tricked into intervention!!

Nope. This is Al Golden's defense. D'Onofrio is incompetent, but this is both he and Golden's defensive philosophy. They're both sinking this program further into irrelevance by the day and keeping talented DBs like Tim Irvin from wanting to come here.

The only question reporters should be asking these ***** anymore...

giphy.gif

His philosophy for them is 30 yards off the ball and a cloud of dust...of the opposing teams players.

Semper Canes!!!

Lmaoooo

D’Onofrio is opposed to having his corners play tighter coverage because “we certainly don't want gamblers. The worst thing we could do is give up an easy touchdown on defense, right?"

UM would prefer a long drive against them if given a choice between a methodical march and a quick strike.

“We certainly can't have our [last line of defense safeties and corners] not be deep,” D'Onofrio insisted.

“That's the worst thing that can happen to a defense. I hear [Seattle coach] Pete Carroll say it: `When you're deep, you're deep,' and it's worked good for him. The deep players need to stay deep.”

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...hins-um-defense-heat-notes.html#storylink=cpy

Meant Goden's philosophy in the title. ******* losers

I have given up trying to find new and exciting adjectives to use to articulate what a phucking pathetic loser and poor excuse for a coach he is and that applies to Golden as well. I should be numb to these types of quotes but they are so beyond the pale they never cease to amaze me. Each one of these quotes gives us all an opportunity to glimpse into the mind and psyche of a total degenerate pathological loser.

Not that we are not all aware but I'd like all of you to sit and really think about the context these quotes are made in. Consider our program's history and our geographic location. How did this program rise to prominence? How did we win all those games and all those championships? How was this brand built? It was built by recruiting our backyard which happens to be the most fertile recruiting ground in the nation. While we have certainly cherry picked nationally, South Florida have always been our foundation. From their days in optimist football, these kids learn to play one way and that's aggressive all out in your face football.

They hone their explosive athleticism and speed and use them to make big plays. That is who they are and the competition is fierce. This program was built by unleashing those kids. By plugging them into aggressive and cutting edge schemes designed to showcase their speed, talent and ultra competitiveness to stay ahead of and dominate the opposition. Jerome Brown once said " Forget the kickoff. You can just give the other team the ball at the 50 and we'll still stop them". Santana Moss once said, "Big time players make big time plays in big time games." That was the culture that breeded more success and made this program one to be feared.

Getting back to Golden/D'Onofrio, they know our tradition and history and have access to the best, hungriest and most explosive talent in the game. They know what style these kids grew up playing. All this and these two insist on installing and running a scheme that is not only completely foreign to these kids but in effect cancells out any athletic and talent advantage they nay have had. A scheme that by it's very nature takes away the opportunity to make big plays. Why you ask? Why would these coaches take all this talent and speed and effectively neuter it? Because they are afraid of getting beat deep that's why.

Ladies and gentlemen, I submit to you that we are witnessing one of the grossest and most egregious examples of rank incompetence in the modern era of college football. If it wasn't so pathetic it would be laughable.

Advertisement
How was this brand built? It was built by recruiting our backyard which happens to be the most fertile recruiting ground in the nation. While we have certainly cherry picked nationally, South Florida have always been our foundation. From their days in optimist football, these kids learn to play one way and that's aggressive all out in your face football.

It's truly *** and participatory that others can't see this in such clarity.

******* pathetic. According to Dorito, our only options are to either give up a deep ball or give up easy short passes every play.

This, folks, is why a ******* DC does not matter. Golden is terrified of his own shadow. Our entire defense is predicated on hoping the other team ***** up. It's simply foreign to these clowns to make the other team **** up. We could get a DC who loved to blitz and do all that ****, and Golden would neuter him because that's who he is. This "style" of play does not work in big time football and definitely doesn't work at Miami.

Sounds like the philosophy you would have if temple was the team you were coaching.....The kind with inferior talent. ....These guys are used to coaching a bunch of sheep. They have no idea how to coach the wolf.

Advertisement
What bothers me the most about the quote is he makes it seem like pressing means automatically giving up a deep ball without acknowledging that it increases your chances of getting off the field. It's all probabilities. If you give up two deep balls a game but your offense gets 6 more possessions out of it you have to go with putting the game on the offense's shoulders.

That being said, our dbs are inexplicably terrible when the ball is in the air. That seems like the point where native athletic ability takes over but it is probably just fear of doing something wrong.

Lmaoooo

Meant Goden's philosophy in the title. ****ing losers

PLEASE STOP WITH POSTING THIS ****!!!!! CAN'T BELIEVE THE KIDS BOUGHT INTO THIS. BLAKE DO YOUR JOB

This is what is killing me about the coaches. Though not ideal, giving up a big play is not the death knell it used to be. Offenses are scoring more and getting the ball back faster is actually better than letting the other team bleed the clock. Golden talks about how former players don't understand how the game has changed, yet he coaches like it is 1974 not 2014.

Advertisement
Back