Coaching DC Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
the D was trash once Flo left hence why Fangs is here
That defense was underwhelming while Flores was there. Beat up on trash QBs and bad football teams. Gave up 30 spots on the regular to anyone competent. Did create havoc and defensive scores. Someone pointed out it was very Diaz-like with the highs and lows. Very accurate.

Without elite pass rushers, packages had to be used to create pressure which made it vulnerable if pressure didn’t get home.

true. yes youre right on steele. i think he is what he is - a familiar stop gap for nick while his main guy can accept or will accept the role.
Agreed. The timeline and situation makes sense but to your point if that’s true then why on earth does it take so long to replace someone?

Maddening man

That defense was underwhelming while Flores was there. Beat up on trash QBs and bad football teams. Gave up 30 spots on the regular to anyone competent. Did create havoc and defensive scores. Someone pointed out it was very Diaz-like with the highs and lows. Very accurate.

Without elite pass rushers, packages had to be used to create pressure which made it vulnerable if pressure didn’t get home.
agreed.

you kinda described the fins offense this year too lol.

Advertisement
That would be a surprise, Donatell has never coached LBs. He's a DB coach by trade.

dang your right. As a Bears fan that is embarrassing. watched them for 4 years and always thought Donatell was LB Coach and Hoke was the DB coach.

you kinda described the fins offense this year too lol.
Against top defenses Tua was only behind Mahomes and Burrow as far as EPA per play. Some graph in a tweet came out yesterday. Obviously Thompson and Bridgewater weren't as efficient. **** got squirrelly in the back half of the season but the QB over the course of the year was a top 3 guy against good defenses.

Advertisement
Fam, I'm from the parts of Miami that parallel the surrounding areas of USC. I find the crime-ridden stigma extremely laughable. Gables is the POLAR OPPOSITE of those areas. People acting like the campus is across the street from the Pork N' Beans or smack in the middle of Overtown or something. Gables is perennially among Dade County's safest and well-to-do areas and that's a rock solid fact...
as a fine and prestigious citizen of coral gables, i second and confirm this notion.

but Miami isn't for everyone.

I'd argue they were inconsistent, and alot of that was due to the lack of pass rushers. One week they're frustrating tf out of Mahomes, Lamar, and Goff, then the next their letting Trevor Lawerence go on a game winning drive.

Josh Allen (consistently), and Brady really the only ones that went off on them. The fact they were never able to crack Josh Allen is the biggest indictment of Flores/Boyer's entire tenure. We face dude twice a year, and he ALWAYS balled out against us.

Against top defenses Tua was only behind Mahomes and Burrow as far as EPA per play. Some graph in a tweet came out yesterday. Obviously Thompson and Bridgewater weren't as efficient. **** got squirrelly in the back half of the season but the QB over the course of the year was a top 3 guy against good defenses.
we feasted off bad defenses/teams in the middle of the year during the win streak and then didnt score 30 the rest of the way with some bad games from either tua, the receivers, or both.

Advertisement
we feasted off bad defenses/teams in the middle of the year during the win streak and then didnt score 30 the rest of the way with some bad games from either tua, the receivers, or both.
All I'm telling you is what the numbers say. Against top defenses Tua was third best.

I don't know how many times I yelled at my TV to quit playing cover zero. I feel like he played that 80% of the time, not even joking. Feel like Holland bailed him out a bunch or things could have gone way worse.
Exactly! To play that kind of defense, you got to have an eraser out there. Or some rushers that can get to the quarterback quick to disrupt or make the sack.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back