Coaching DC Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s anything like his mentors, hybrid up front and lots of pressure. LB play should be a plus. Need a technician in the DB room to coach these corners up quick…they’ll be on islands a lot of tight time.

I’d like the hire personally.
Id match him with the DB coach from BC personally. Get Addae up out of here.

Advertisement
Look, let's just be honest about Steele this past year: the tackling didn't get demonstrably better, we had lapses all year and an MTSU performance is the kind that should result in a firing of someone. Losing this version of Steele is no a loss, IMO.
I think it’s a small loss on paper prior to making a hire, but I like Campanile better than Steele. Have to also remember a lot of those kids just weren’t coached right and one year under steele isn’t going to break years of bad habits from Manny’s defense…featuring one of, if not the the worst tackling teams in the country from a statistical standpoint Year in and year out.

Italian Flag GIF by Viaggio nel Mondo

Advertisement
I thought Campanile did an amazing job with Baker and Ingram this year. Both scored above 70 on PFF also in the green. They both played at a very high level.

Elandon Roberts also played with a ton of energy.
Baker actually regressed compared to last season

Advertisement
I don't know anything about Campanile, but I love the idea of a young hungry up and comer with some real energy. This team was sleepwalking for many of their games last year.
There are yellow flags (never called a D) for sure, but he was up for an NFL coordinator position, so people in control of NFL money seem to think highly of him. That's not nothing.

Advertisement
There are yellow flags (never called a D) for sure, but he was up for an NFL coordinator position, so people in control of NFL money seem to think highly of him. That's not nothing.
Someone mentioned it previously but if Mike extended him an interview for the DC position, he must have thought highly of him.

Campanile makes sense because it would be an opportunity for him to be a full time DC & build his resume while staying in Miami.

He was Co-DC at BC on Addazio’s staff but he didn’t call plays, Jim Reid did.

Question to the Phins fans on the board, what did you guys feel about Flores & Josh Boyer’s Defense?
(Pro/Cons)
As a patriots fan, our defenses were the best in the past 15 years under Flores’ leadership. I absolutely love him. If he likes Campanile then I’m all for him.

I'm still prepared/expecting to be taken by surprise by one or both of the hires... seems to be part of Mario's modus operandi going back to Oregon

Advertisement

Intended purely to reference the greatest movie of all time...

[EDIT: oh, and for the record, and a certain poster on the board knows this, but also from my all-time favorite UM textbook, as used by Professor Chester "Chet" Schriesheim in his "Leadership & Management" course at UM...]

7aame5.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back