#45 in Sacks/game

#75 in Total Offense
#72 in Scoring Offense
#126 in 3rd Down Conversions
#66 in Red Zone Conversions
#90 in TOP

"yards don't matter"

LOL

Nothing in my post is meant to be an excuse for the team. I merely stated I can understand why we have a top 30 SOS. Maybe it changes as the season goes on, but right now, the schedule is legit.

No argument from me on thinking the results should be better.

But that wasn't the point of my post.

Our schedule ain't the SEC, but it's not as bad as some like to make it seem. Louisville and Nebraska on the road are legit, Arkansas State is really good mid-major, and Duke was undefeated and won the division last year.

So, I can see us having a top 30 schedule through the first 5 games. Not a gauntlet, but not cupcakes either.

Sagarins Strength of Schedule is 32nd. Another site has us at 14th.

Please stop embarrassing yourself by pointing to the difficulty of our schedule. We've played two decent teams and got smoked by both.

This sloppy win against a bad Duke team has some of you guys wonky.

Were you really pimping Duke as an undefeated team??? Elon, Troy, Kansas and Tulane. GTFOH, that is an embarrassingly easy schedule. Duke is a a bad football team. The fact we did not beat that team by 40 says more about us than it does them.

Louisville is mediocre and Nebraska is a mid-tier big 10 team. Neither is legit.

You continue to lower the bar and reduce expectations. You are an enabler and do not demand excellence. Fans like you are perfect little Donna/Blake robots.

Our schedule ain't the SEC, but it's not as bad as some like to make it seem. Louisville and Nebraska on the road are legit, Arkansas State is really good mid-major, and Duke was undefeated and won the division last year.

So, I can see us having a top 30 schedule through the first 5 games. Not a gauntlet, but not cupcakes either.

Sagarins Strength of Schedule is 32nd. Another site has us at 14th.

You guys are right. It would be much better to play against them later when they get their best players back from injury--Parker and Dyer. It would also be to UM's advantage to play them after they start gelling in Petrino's brand new system. After all, they were clearly better and more prepared the first game in this brand new offense and defense than they would be later in the season. Makes a ton of sense.

Double LULZ at your "they were allowed to stay amped over throughout the offseason for another chance to punch us in the mouth again" comment. Do you really believe that nonsense?
I felt like we lost the game on offense. You cant tell me that Kaaya is the same player from week 1. They're already scoring so adding parker to the offense is no different than what they did to us.All I'm saying is that we could put up more than 13.

Advertisement
You guys are right. It would be much better to play against them later when they get their best players back from injury--Parker and Dyer. It would also be to UM's advantage to play them after they start gelling in Petrino's brand new system. After all, they were clearly better and more prepared the first game in this brand new offense and defense than they would be later in the season. Makes a ton of sense.

Double LULZ at your "they were allowed to stay amped over throughout the offseason for another chance to punch us in the mouth again" comment. Do you really believe that nonsense?
I felt like we lost the game on offense. You cant tell me that Kaaya is the same player from week 1. They're already scoring so adding parker to the offense is no different than what they did to us.All I'm saying is that we could put up more than 13.

We should have put up more than 13 in week one too. But we didn't because El Foldo's a gaping ******.

And UL, when they get clicking under Petrino, will be infinitely better than they were week 1.

I personally don't feel the need to exaggerate or minimize what our defense has done. They've played better without question. It's a more athletic, more experienced team. They've played one bad game really which was Nebraska. UL they could've been better but played well enough before getting demoralized. Nonetheless, they really show no signs of being elite, and we're dealing with moral victories if people start trumpeting out a mid-level defense as really good just because they used to be woeful.

Whatever they are will sort itself out. I suspect we'll finish wholly mediocre--successful against ok offenses especially at home but nowhere near ready to shut down somebody really good especially on the road.

They've played one bad game really which was Nebraska.

And it wasn't because they were over matched. They didn't line up with 8-9 in the box and still got ran on..
They had 7 most of the game.
That is fixable. Lack of personnel isn't like it has been the past 3 seasons. They have the bodies to be a top 30 defense, which they are proving to be. Only one bonafide stud on the defense in Perryman. Others are average to above average with some good young promising talent.
Looks like the foundation is set. With the addition of some more defensive studs in up coming classes this defense is shaping up to be a perennial top 10 defense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think the game plan against Louisville distorted these numbers a bit. I expect the offense to climb over the course of the year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back