By the Numbers so far

meh, I don't care about the numbers. What my eyes tell me is that we aren't a very good team and are winning simply because of our easy schedule. If we had A tougher schedule such as UF or I believe Tennessee we would be in serious trouble.

Advertisement
The Real Numbers

#46 in Scoring Defense
#14 in Total Defense
#7 in Yards/play
#52 in Rushing Defense
#15 in Passing Defense
#66 in INTs/game
#45 in Sacks/game

#75 in Total Offense
#72 in Scoring Offense
#126 in 3rd Down Conversions
#66 in Red Zone Conversions
#90 in TOP

Those numbers suggest a certain ace-recruiter on the staff might be in more danger of losing his job than the much maligned DC ...

The Real Numbers

#46 in Scoring Defense
#14 in Total Defense
#7 in Yards/play
#52 in Rushing Defense
#15 in Passing Defense
#66 in INTs/game
#45 in Sacks/game

#75 in Total Offense
#72 in Scoring Offense
#90 in TOP

Advertisement
Our schedule ain't the SEC, but it's not as bad as some like to make it seem. Louisville and Nebraska on the road are legit, Arkansas State is really good mid-major, and Duke was undefeated and won the division last year.

So, I can see us having a top 30 schedule through the first 5 games. Not a gauntlet, but not cupcakes either.

Sagarins Strength of Schedule is 32nd. Another site has us at 14th.

Those numbers suggest a certain ace-recruiter on the staff might be in more danger of losing his job than the much maligned DC ...

The Real Numbers

#46 in Scoring Defense
#14 in Total Defense
#7 in Yards/play
#52 in Rushing Defense
#15 in Passing Defense
#66 in INTs/game
#45 in Sacks/game

#75 in Total Offense
#72 in Scoring Offense
#90 in TOP

Yeah... No.

Our schedule ain't the SEC, but it's not as bad as some like to make it seem. Louisville and Nebraska on the road are legit, Arkansas State is really good mid-major, and Duke was undefeated and won the division last year.

So, I can see us having a top 30 schedule through the first 5 games. Not a gauntlet, but not cupcakes either.

:beedog2:

We are 3-2 after playing a bad UL team, average Nebraska team, and three terrible teams in Duke, Ark St. and famu.

Golden benefitting from the easy schedule again. Anyone honestly think we can beat any of the top ten teams?

Advertisement
The Real Numbers

#46 in Scoring Defense
#14 in Total Defense
#7 in Yards/play
#52 in Rushing Defense
#15 in Passing Defense
#66 in INTs/game
#45 in Sacks/game

#75 in Total Offense
#72 in Scoring Offense
#90 in TOP

We are allowing 2 yards less per play than Georgia Tech and I've got Canes at pick-em. I don't mind that.

Actually the next two games are interesting due to the imbalance we'll face. Georgia Tech is obviously run heavy and Cincinnati is just the opposite. Kiel is averaging more than 9.5 yards per pass attempt so far but they are second to last in the nation in rushing attempts per game. Of course, they average 7 more rushes than last place Mike Leach, but that's the typical gap between Leach and next lowest.

Advertisement
Are you saying that the loss of those 2 and aqm didnt hurt the d?

No. I'm saying the loss of those 3 players would not have made a difference in our current record. Are you saying that had AQM, Figueroa, and Blue played in the Louisville and Nebraska games we would have won either of them?

OP, where did you get your numbers from?

We are 44th in total yards given up for the season (espn) but when you click yards per game we are 14th like the poster below you said

We are 3-2 after playing a bad UL team, average Nebraska team, and three terrible teams in Duke, Ark St. and famu.

Golden benefitting from the easy schedule again. Anyone honestly think we can beat any of the top ten teams?

So who do you think wins the B1G this year?

Please stop embarrassing yourself by pointing to the difficulty of our schedule. We've played two decent teams and got smoked by both.

This sloppy win against a bad Duke team has some of you guys wonky.

Advertisement
I don't give a f*** about stats. I care about W's. Lose in every stat category and win the game, fine by me. My .02

Are you saying that the loss of those 2 and aqm didnt hurt the d?
The loss of Blue and his zero career tackles was particularly debilitating. He finished his UM career with more rapes than tackles.

Do you think Duke missed All-ACC LB Kelby Brown more than we missed Blue?

How about Nebraska missing two starting DBs?

Louisville missing its best player in Parker?

OP, where did you get your numbers from?

We are 44th in total yards given up for the season (espn) but when you click yards per game we are 14th like the poster below you said

Kind of a strange stat, and misleading. Obviously if two teams are giving up the same ypg, but one has play an extra game, that team will be ranked significantly lower while performing the same as the school playing fewer games. I don't understand why they would include a stat like that.

Defense:

#46 in Scoring defense
#44 in total defense
#14 in yards/game
#52 in rush yard/game
#15 in pass yards/game
#54 in INTs
#28 in sacks
#31 in defensive efficiency

Offense:

#41 in total offense
#64 in PPG
#126 in 3rd down conversion (not a typo)
#66 in red zone conversions
#90 in TOP/g
#73 in offensive effeciency

So basically almost half way through we are an average defense and a below average offense, by the numbers. Will update this thread after each game here on out.

If our offense and defense play aggressive the remainder of the season like they did against Duke, those numbers will come down more!!! Al no more of this passive *** defense and offense. Take it to the opponents!!!

Advertisement
Back