Portal 24-25 transfers (Basketball)

Advertisement
Crystal ball to Miami for this center from Va Tech

Va Tech folks dont seem so broken up abt losing him, ex:
1711603952378.png

Crystal ball to Miami for this center from Va Tech

If this guy does wind up at Miami he better not be on the floor more than 15 minutes a night.

• Being listed at 235 is a joke. This guy has absolutely no weight on him.
  • Surprisingly comfortable with his back to the basket putting the ball on the floor and making a move in the post. Expected just a lot of PnR and drop offs for wide open dunks but he can score.
  • Another bad rebounder. Lack of strength is a problem here but also just didn't show aggressiveness or strong hands.
  • I didn't feel him on the defensive end, like, at all. Granted he was in foul trouble in the game I watched but they were some really dumb fouls and bad positioning on his part.
Imo, he's just a lengthy body. I know everyone is scarred from the UConn game, but I promise you this guy wasn't going to be doing a **** thing with Sonogo. If we're actually bringing in a big to start I'd just go full press on Williams from Drexel, but I'd still rather put Johnson or Brown-Jones at the 4 and leave Omier at the 5.

Va Tech folks dont seem so broken up abt losing him, ex:
View attachment 285551
Yeah that checks out.

Also, I really only watched Va Tech in the games against us this year. But Jesus Christ, this team is ******* brutal. They probably aren't upset about losing a single guy on this squad.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If this guy does wind up at Miami he better not be on the floor more than 15 minutes a night.

• Being listed at 235 is a joke. This guy has absolutely no weight on him.
  • Surprisingly comfortable with his back to the basket putting the ball on the floor and making a move in the post. Expected just a lot of PnR and drop offs for wide open dunks but he can score.
  • Another bad rebounder. Lack of strength is a problem here but also just didn't show aggressiveness or strong hands.
  • I didn't feel him on the defensive end, like, at all. Granted he was in foul trouble in the game I watched but they were some really dumb fouls and bad positioning on his part.
Imo, he's just a lengthy body. I know everyone is scarred from the UConn game, but I promise you this guy wasn't going to be doing a **** thing with Sonogo. If we're actually bringing in a big to start I'd just go full press on Williams from Drexel, but I'd still rather put Johnson or Brown-Jones at the 4 and leave Omier at the 5.
I think you're underrating him a bit. 6.5 RPG in 23 MPG far from what I'd call a 'bad' rebounder. I get some of the defensive concerns and he's not exactly a rim protector per se, but he's plenty efficient on the defensive glass. Also averaged 2 fouls per game, so while I'm sure there may have been dumb fouls on film, I wouldn't have concerns about him staying on the court.

I think you're underrating him a bit. 6.5 RPG in 23 MPG far from what I'd call a 'bad' rebounder. I get some of the defensive concerns and he's not exactly a rim protector per se, but he's plenty efficient on the defensive glass. Also averaged 2 fouls per game, so while I'm sure there may have been dumb fouls on film, I wouldn't have concerns about him staying on the court.
I’m just going off watching 2 full games against teams with size and I saw a bad rebounder on film. Maybe I just happened to watch his two worst games of the season, but he didn’t pull down rebounds in traffic at all and struggled to get good position.

Defensively, again, he gets boards but I didn’t see it as anything more than just uncontested boards, and the amount of times his man got great post position on him in the post and completely sealed him was concerning.

He does run the floor well, which is a plus. The athleticism is obvious. And he had a few post spins into dunks that were eyebrow raisers.

Advertisement
Is it hard living with a stick permanently up your ***? FSU may be irrelevant but that means I should want them to get one of the better players in the portal? A lot of these get wrapped up on the first visit. I think he winds up with Byington at Vandy but him visiting isn’t a good thing.
Again, he's going through the draft process so I wouldn't expect him to make a definitive decision just yet

Are you really concerned about what FSU does? Absolutely irrelevant program. He also declared for the draft so I doubt he's making any transfer decisions at this juncture.
Oh you mean the school that's beaten us every game for like 6 years?? Haha. Don't need them to get good again. We can't beat them when they suck.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Earl Timberlake back in the portal. Really stuffed the stat sheet for Bryant this year. Remember being so **** excited when he committed.

Advertisement
Back