Portal 24-25 transfers (Basketball)

Advertisement
We need to get some bigs in the portal and hope Norchad stays (doubt he stays but we need 2 - 3 capable bigs)

Plus we need either a new assistant coach for offense or the present assistant needs to be more creative

Plus we need to STOP having our big doubling on defense at the 3 point line - this defense this year has been an utter disaster - need either a new defensive assistant or the present assistant needs to learn basic man and zone defense

I don't really care if every single player on our team transfers out. One of the most haphazard teams I've ever seen.
It's one thing when you are just not that talented, but this team was not even worth watching after the first week of February.
After the Louisville loss at home, I knew all hope was lost

Advertisement
Will be interesting to see how this off-season goes. In a matter of a few months, the program went from being in a position of power (based off success it's had the last few years) to losing all its leverage. Who in their right mind will want to join this program after the debacle we've all witnessed this season? Seems to me Miami will probably have to overpay to bring in legit players through the portal next season. At this point, it wouldn't even surprise me if any of the ballyhooed incoming freshmen request to be released from their LOI.

Will be interesting to see how this off-season goes. In a matter of a few months, the program went from being in a position of power (based off success it's had the last few years) to losing all its leverage. Who in their right mind will want to join this program after the debacle we've all witnessed this season? Seems to me Miami will probably have to overpay to bring in legit players through the portal next season. At this point, it wouldn't even surprise me if any of the ballyhooed incoming freshmen request to be released from their LOI.
I've been extremely critical of Larranaga and the staff all season and still have questions about whether he will/should continue as HC at this point, but in the vaccum, this is hyperbolic.

We've been to a Final Four and an Elite Eight in consecutive seasons, just had two players drafted and a track record of success with transfers. I'd be shocked if any of the incoming freshman ask out and they should be able to attract quality players in the portal, especially if there's going to be playing time available.

I've been extremely critical of Larranaga and the staff all season and still have questions about whether he will/should continue as HC at this point, but in the vaccum, this is hyperbolic.

We've been to a Final Four and an Elite Eight in consecutive seasons, just had two players drafted and a track record of success with transfers. I'd be shocked if any of the incoming freshman ask out and they should be able to attract quality players in the portal, especially if there's going to be playing time available.
I hear ya but don't think Coach L should hang it up just yet unless he's worn out and ready to retire. Going on the run of Elite 8"s and fresh off the Final 4 didn't have much of an impact last off season. So, I don't think it'll play much of a role this offseason. Kids are heavy on the "what have you done for me lately" wave and just don't think the program has the leverage today it had 11 months ago. Hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it.

NIL is and has been both a blessing and a curse. The PT roles and NIL jealousy seems to have bit hard this year; what else explains the lack of chemistry better? There are currently relaxed rules due to court decrees and seems can even negotiate NIL when contacting those in portal, for now. Other schools are touting their collectives and announcing their fat wallets... why isn't Michell asking why we aren't listed as involved in this; wouldn't that help with skinny wallets we have on the basketball front?
1710108276258.png

The more (NIL) the merrier... where's our fatcat now that Ruiz is a bit not throwing the checkbook at us:
1710108366948.png

Advertisement
NIL is and has been both a blessing and a curse. The PT roles and NIL jealousy seems to have bit hard this year; what else explains the lack of chemistry better? There are currently relaxed rules due to court decrees and seems can even negotiate NIL when contacting those in portal, for now. Other schools are touting their collectives and announcing their fat wallets... why isn't Michell asking why we aren't listed as involved in this; wouldn't that help with skinny wallets we have on the basketball front?
View attachment 284330

The more (NIL) the merrier... where's our fatcat now that Ruiz is a bit not throwing the checkbook at us:
View attachment 284331
I've been hearing this for a while now. A lot of it being directed at George for whatever that's worth. Would hate if that indeed was the case within the team but those have been some of the murmurs I've been hearing since the start of the new year. IF it were true, I'd hope the leaders of the program would take it as a learning lesson and nip that **** in the butt from jump. Can't let this kind of stuff fester, because this is just the type of finish to a season that becomes the end result

Advertisement
Adding 3 frontcourt players is needed.
Joseph, Poplar, George, Cleveland and Nwoko will be back.
Robinson and Djobet will return but most of you want to see them leave.
Casey and Watson are prime transfer candidates and I don't blame them. Coach L casualties.
Bethea, Schwartz and Johnson-Ariga are incoming freshman.
That will leave 3 scholarships available, which needs to be used on 3 frontcourt players.
Also, remember last year when Miami lost 4 to the portal (Walker, Beverly, Aire and Danilovich) and only added 1 (Cleveland).
That cannot happen again.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Casey and Watson are prime transfer candidates and I don't blame them. Coach L casualties.
That will leave 3 scholarships available, which needs to be used on 3 frontcourt players.
Also, remember last year when Miami lost 4 to the portal (Walker, Beverly, Aire and Danilovich) and only added 1 (Cleveland).
Pretty sure you’re the nut job who creates burner accounts and trolls the Five Reasons podcast. This loser wants Larranaga fired

I really don’t see George and Wooga coming back. Matt is a maybe

Advertisement
Back