Confirmed Zo gone to NE

Advertisement
Yes. Has been in the works for a couple of weeks

Congrats to Zo
I keep hearing on the podcast to stay tuned to CIS for all the breaking news.

Look GIF by The Maury Show

We're building the Packers 2.0 eval wise
You given any thought to the direction we go in the draft? There's a part of me that wants to see us trade for Fields and grab MHJ at 3. Another part of me that wants Daniels at 3. Also wouldn't hate a trade out of 3 if they're not in love with the QB prospects if we can get a one next year from a team like Minnesota that may be looking to move up.

Advertisement
Laugh at me if you want! But what about offering this job to Butch ? Even if this won’t happen, Miami has tons of great football people that can fill this spot. Big loss no question.
been waiting for a BBB comment lol, only two so far. rather surprised lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
So, are we going to hire a replacement or just eliminate the position?
You 100% hire a replacement. It's a new role that most teams have in place now.

But it doesn't need to be an GM candidate at the NFL level. You don't need to hire Glen Cook for this role.

Ole Miss just hired Texas' director of player personnel. Go that route. It'll be cheaper and possibly more effective.

You 100% hire a replacement. It's a new role that most teams have in place now.

But it doesn't need to be an GM candidate at the NFL level. You don't need to hire Glen Cook for this role.

Ole Miss just hired Texas' director of player personnel. Go that route. It'll be cheaper and possibly more effective.

And Texas just promoted one of their Executive Directors to GM

Advertisement
Go hire this guy from Oregon: https://goducks.com/sports/football/roster/staff/tyler-dean/1269

"Q: CAN YOU OFFER SOME INSIGHT INTO WHAT YOU DO ON A DAY-TO-DAY BASIS?

TD: "In college football, the big-time programs have adopted the NFL model. That really started with Alabama when Marshall was there as a student. They were really the to adopt that model. Nowadays, you have a big support staff in recruiting and personnel. There's so many people in this building that make this thing tick and our extremely vital to the operation of our organization.
"In our department, we have about six guys in personnel with me: Blake Redmond, Coby Sayyah, Drew House, Brian Bachman, Ryan Brosnan and Jake Kaneda. Those are my guys. They each have one or two positions that they're in charge of on a daily basis — managing the board, watching film and making sure they're communicating well with prospects. Any issues that may arise, they're making sure they're the front lines to help the coaching staff. They're developing great relationships with the recruits.

"You look at our recruit operation and we have our director of recruiting Pat Biondo, who was with Marshall and I at A&M. He's one of my best friends. I actually live with Pat. Pat absolutely crushes everything in recruiting in terms of itineraries and the day-to-day operations.
"We've got two other staff members. Lydia Gibbs is our director of on-campus recruiting. A lot of people around town know her as the queen of Eugene. She is a rockstar. She absolutely connects with parents and recruits and does a tremendous job. JR Moala helps organize all the travel and the flights, and the rental cars and the hotels. To have good elite visits, all that has to go well or else you're starting on a bad foot, or maybe you leave a bad taste on their return flight home.
"All that information, and everything that goes into having great recruiting events, having a great board and managing the roster, there's so many people who go into this thing.

"Just from my end on a day-to-day basis, as the director of scouting, I'm making sure that I'm first, a good oversight and that everyone has responsibilities each day at their position — who we're watching, who we're evaluating, are we pushing guys up the pipeline? In identification and evaluation, the main thing we want to do is no stone left unturned. Every single kid that needs to be watched in our footprint and nationally, we're going to make sure we watch them. The guys that need to be escalated up to the coaches, we're going to do so and make sure they get eyes on them. It's a big filter, right? It works all the way up to the coordinators and coach Lanning. I kind of help coach Lanning and Marshall with the guys that he needs to watch and get eyes on and the final say on kids.

"It's fun. You've got to wear a lot of hats in recruiting and you've got to do a lot of jobs that may not be ****, but you've got to get the job down; whether it's picking a kid up at midnight and taking him to the airport. Whatever the case may be, you've got to wear a lot of hats in recruiting, and I think our staff has bought in completely.

"This is the best fast I've ever been around from the top down in recruiting. From the head coach, the coordinators, the position coaches, the support staff, the GAs and analyst, and also our team in recruiting and personnel. We have such good chemistry. I really really enjoy working with this group of people. I think we've got a bright future with this organization with the way we're trending. We've had some success within the last couple of months, but this isn't exactly where we want to be yet. We're still building this thing up and trying to take it to the next level.""

Didn’t take long for Diehard Cane Zo to start mouthing off lol just take the new role and good luck.
I honestly think that this is not a "Mario handcuffed me" statement but more a reflection on the fact that in CFB the "GM" role can't be what it is at the NFL level and that the personnel operations are very different from the pros.

Advertisement
Back