Zo deal off (for now). I'll take the L

Same sources who provided the scoop on the 1/3 and 1/10 meetings before they were reported in the local papers.

It's a bad look for the site and I'm ****ed. I'm not trying to be a reporter and I don't post clickbait. Should have stayed away from this dumpster fire. That's on me.

Not at all. You did right by the people who come to your site.

The information you shared brought light to a situation that otherwise would have been one sided.

The Blake James Tweet, to me confirms what you said all along. He must be watching these boards closely.

Blake... if you’re reading this... F*ck you.

Advertisement
I hope this ginger asshat gets skin cancer and has to move to Antartica to spend the remaining days of his life in agonizing pain.

Is there any chance that if the boosters apply even more pressure that Flake and Diaz will have no choice but to cave? Or do you think that it’s done for good?

Theres not much more pressure that could or would be applied than what was. The whales of Miami football wanted this to happen. Very substantial money was offered as a donation to make it happen.

The next steps will not come until during/after next season.

Manny and Lashlee could succeed... that is a possible outcome here (not commenting on the likelihood of that happening). Otherwise, I am of the belief that a fundamental change in direction is likely.

Advertisement
What accomplishments? You post 85 times in nearly 10 years and you want to act like you are a part of any conversation?

From 2012 to 2017, every Packers team made the playoffs, with the exception of 2017 when Aaron Rodgers broke his collarbone. You want to know what a Director of Player Personnel does? Scouts and drafts all those players who contribute to all those playoff appearances, which can be quite challenging when you are always drafting at the bottom of every round.

How have the Packers "regressed"? They parted ways with a longtime coach, and are now in the NFC Championship game, with a roster that was largely built while Alonzo was in Green Bay.

you should take the time to figure out what his position was at Green Bay. He was not the director of player personnel. He also wasn't the director of college scouting. That guy got promoted to director of player personnel and is now the GM.

browns look great with the Highsmith addition.

packers regressed when he showed up. Let’s be honest.

I didn’t know post count on this message board means **** in reality. you can go back to posting about Jalen Hurts coming to Miami and how that was a better situation for him.

maybe you can check my post count on other boards before I got banned for calling Gru out for spending more time fluffing Mario then talking Hurricane football.

but then again, please let me know one single college football team that has a national championship that also employs a GM of the football department.

Last edited:
"Odd disconnect" means people are lying:

It's a very simple interpretation in my eyes.

Blake offered him a position with relatively no power that probably had a dotted line right to that POS James.

Highsmith doesn't consider that a real offer given what the initial vision of the position was in discussions with the booster in his corner.

So now that POS underqualified James is just attempting to save face in the court of public opinion.

I never wish bad things on people but I wish many many terrible things on Blake James.

Incompetent piece of ****. I will dance in the streets when he's beheaded.

Advertisement

Image result for Boom gif

Yeah..UM offered Highsmith and Manny exercised his power to block the deal. I have no clue what's in Manny's contract but either Blake doesn't have the balls to direct the football program or Manny has term's that prevent it.

I find it interesting that we've not heard anything from Manny - at least I haven't seen any comment from him. All comments are coming from Flake and a few from Zo.

Advertisement
I find it interesting that we've not heard anything from Manny - at least I haven't seen any comment from him. All comments are coming from Flake and a few from Zo.

Cause he's a ******* coward desperately trying to hold onto a job he doesn't deserve, isn't qualified for, and will never be afforded again at another school once he eventually gets fired here.

CaneSport and Dave Hyde reporting similar timelines now. It is what it is. They were smart to hold off.
Not your fault, ran w what you got. Appeared to be exciting news. Not your fault our AD and coach are such inept scared little men.

Advertisement
This is a terrible look for everyone involved, even including D$.

You probably should have not gone on record, especially as the situation has been so "fluid".

Why would Zo even want to come if this is how we operate? We should honestly just burn the whole thing down and try to start with fresh component parts.
Who TF are you?? Stay in your lane bro

Two direct sources said Blake and Zo agreed last Saturday. That was impression from Zo team until yesterday. Appears Manny and Blake kept talking and got cold feet. Prominent donors furious. This deal has been "dead" before, so we'll see. But I'll give back the Pulitzer and take the loss.
Sometimes you have to take the punch so you can prove you can get back up. Way to take ownership. Still could happen.

Two direct sources said Blake and Zo agreed last Saturday. That was impression from Zo team until yesterday. Appears Manny and Blake kept talking and got cold feet. Prominent donors furious. This deal has been "dead" before, so we'll see. But I'll give back the Pulitzer and take the loss.
With all due respect D$, I never believed the report for a second. Nothing to do with you. My thought process was that with the type of mealy mouthed spineless beaurocrats we have in positions of power at UM I would not take any claims of a Zo deal seriously until the deal was actually signed.

As frustrated as I am regarding the UM administration and their seeming lack of commitment to the football program I believe all of this drama being played out before us will end up taking us in a positive direction. Consider that for the first time the dynamics at play that have kept us from fully realizing our potential as a program are on full public display. In this day of instantaneous information flow, it is only a matter of time before the public becomes fully aware of exactly who is holding this program hostage and for what reason. These individuals will no longer be able to push their agendas without being fully accountable for their actions. It may take a bit longer than what we would want but I truly think that we will see meaningful positive change in the way the UM football program is run.

Advertisement
Back