Zo deal off (for now). I'll take the L

Advertisement
CaneSport and Dave Hyde reporting similar timelines now. It is what it is. They were smart to hold off.

All good IMO. Takes some ballz to admin when you are wrong. We've all been there, done that

CaneSport and Dave Hyde reporting similar timelines now. It is what it is. They were smart to hold off.
First time posting here, but I've been following this since it started. Not your fault D$, seems like a lot of bull**** is going on behind closed doors. Would love to just have a compiled list of twitter handles and e-mails to flood with complaints, cause this whole back and forth really ****ed me off. To me, this overshadows the Lashlee hire, and any other strides this team makes this off-season, simply because this hire is a no-brainer. I hope the BOT fires Blake or does something about this because I'm livid.

Advertisement
Guess I still just don't understand how the big money people have no power and are led around by Blake effing James. The BOT tells him to hire Alonzo and Blake just says, nah, I'm good? Doesn't make any sense.
From the new Barry Jackson article: “We had conversations with Alonzo but never were able to agree to terms,” athletic director Blake James said in an e-mail to The Miami Herald. “With that said we have moved forward in our search and are excited about other prospects.”

From the new Barry Jackson article: “We had conversations with Alonzo but never were able to agree to terms,” athletic director Blake James said in an e-mail to The Miami Herald. “With that said we have moved forward in our search and are excited about other prospects.”
Moved on in our search?!?!?!

MF you missed on the most important piece of the puzzle.

Advertisement
Still trying to figure out how Blake and Manny have final say into whether or not Zo gets hired. If the Board was supportive of this hiring, they should have forced Blake's hand and made it happen.

Moved on in our search?!?!?!

MF you missed on the most important piece of the puzzle.
My point exactly... WHO ELSE? I mean... You got a former player who HAS the experience in evaluating talent, a man who BROUGHT talent to the Browns from Miami. What kind of "yes man" does Blake think he's going to find and STILL keep his job? What an idiot.

Advertisement
"We are excited to announce Joe Harris to the chief of staff position of football at the University of Miami. He was instrumental in the success of Independence Community College as a GA under Jason Brown. No questions at this time, we eagerly look forward to continue building champions." - Flake Shames sits to pee

Diaz pictures himself as a younger, more effeminate Ed Orgeron. No one would tell Eddy O how to run his team so Diaz won't let anyone tell him either. Minor difference is that Eddy O had multiple stints as a HC at P5 programs so he earned it, while Diaz fell on his face with a sub .500 season in his 1st year as a HC.

Advertisement
Two direct sources said Blake and Zo agreed last Saturday. That was impression from Zo team until yesterday. Appears Manny and Blake kept talking and got cold feet. Prominent donors furious. This deal has been "dead" before, so we'll see. But I'll give back the Pulitzer and take the loss.

You good man! You called it how it was.

Manny better be right because he is all in on “Enos” being the only problem.

Yep, bad deal. The only reason I put it out like that is because the sources were directly involved and emphatic.

Should have stayed away from this mess.

Nah man, I appreciate the update anyway. Something was in the works. Knowing that shows more of the character of Blake and Manny to back out

This is not what Highsmith was telling people.
Personally, I believe you. This is on Blake. I can't say for sure if this is on Manny too and Blake is the only one taking responsibility, but given our AD's track record, he screwed this one up BAD.

Advertisement
Back