Zo deal off (for now). I'll take the L

That was NOT an issue as James and Highsmith had reached an agreement on the position and terms. Was turned over to Manny and HE put the brakes on. Zo was on board .. Manny nixed the deal .. stupid ****.
Reached an agreement while his current employer was still evaluating his tenure. That has complicated things from Zo's camp according to what I've heard. I do not disagree that Manny is scared and did not help this deal close btw. I've lost all respect for Manny during this Zo courtship.

Advertisement
Fraud involves an intentional misrepresentation. So you’re saying D$ intentionally misrepresented here or he just reported something he believed was true at the time that did not materialize?
Listen my guy, it’s obvious you love and respect D$. You’re a fan, I get it. But what he reported didn’t happen. Whether you want to believe it or not, CIS is a news source and the past year, the news source part of CIS has fallen short. I will give you the last word.

or I mean fraud as in he has no inside information
Is it possible that he knows someone in the AD or on the board and, in good faith, they told him that this was going to happen based on what they were seeing and he just went with it?

Reached an agreement while his current employer was still evaluating his tenure. That has complicated things from Zo's camp according to what I've heard. I do not disagree that Manny is scared and did not help this deal close btw. I've lost all respect for Manny during this Zo courtship.

What I heard is that Manny finally told Alonzo that he did not want to hire him. Done.

The whole idea of two weasels like Manure and Fake having any input in hiring a guy who should be their boss never made any sense.

The entire organization is a joke and needs a hard reset. This should have been handled by Fake and Manure’s bosses, whoever they might be in this sloppy organization, and if they didn’t like the idea of Alonzo being the football GM, then they should have been told they’re free to resign.

What kind of fcked up organization gives veto power to 2 failure morons like this?

Advertisement
The whole idea of two weasels like Manure and Fake having any input in hiring a guy who should be their boss never made any sense.

The entire organization is a joke and needs a hard reset. This should have been handled by Fake and Manure’s bosses, whoever they might be in this sloppy organization, and if they didn’t like the idea of Alonzo being the football GM, then they should have been told they’re free to resign.

What kind of fcked up organization gives veto power to 2 failure morons like this?

Unfortunately Manny Diaz has a contract and apparently the contract gives him final approval on ALL staff for the football program .. so the final word on hiring AH was Manny's. What I heard is that Wednesday night Manny informed Alonzo that he did not want to hire him.

Listen my guy, it’s obvious you love and respect D$. You’re a fan, I get it. But what he reported didn’t happen. Whether you want to believe it or not, CIS is a news source and the past year, the news source part of CIS has fallen short. I will give you the last word.
I just don’t think he intentionally misrepresented and committed a fraudulent act. If we’re talking about journalism and reporting then on that level a professional journalist is supposed to check sources and report things accurately. If we are looking at it that way, if he had said “ A Source at UM has told me that the Highsmith signing was imminent” then I think he’s reporting the facts he knows, assuming the source is really tied in.

Same sources who provided the scoop on the 1/3 and 1/10 meetings before they were reported in the local papers.

It's a bad look for the site and I'm ****ed. I'm not trying to be a reporter and I don't post clickbait. Should have stayed away from this dumpster fire. That's on me.
Brother, seeing you're reaction shows how serious you are about this. That gives me a great sense of appreciation for the effort you put in.

Unfortunately Manny Diaz has a contract and apparently the contract gives him final approval on ALL staff for the football program .. so the final word on hiring AH was Manny's. What I heard is that Wednesday night Manny informed Alonzo that he did not want to hire him.
Could the BOT hire AH as an advisor watching over his shoulder or Blake’s shoulder? Could they change the reporting structure so that the HC reports to AH. Even if he can’t veto Manny’s hiring decisions he can be a lightening rod and be there when they need to Can this corch.

Advertisement
Don't blame Zo for getting the best possible arrangements before he signs on; and for using the Miami offer to make Cleveland possibly come up with the means to keep him and better his situation there. If anything, this suggests Zo is smart and would be a valuable desired addition.

F*** Manny if he's creating the issue... he needs to be working on a better team product not finding means and ways to lessen the oversight that is desperately needed for his circus. As for D$ I appreciate he is what he is, a stand-up guy trying to helpful and honest.

LMAO at Flake and this administration giving him complete control. I can't anymore with this program

That was NOT an issue as James and Highsmith had reached an agreement on the position and terms. Was turned over to Manny and HE put the brakes on. Zo was on board .. Manny nixed the deal .. stupid ****.

I've been told a variation of a few things said on this board - what I don't understand and haven't heard is why it went to Manny AFTER BJ and Highsmith had an agreement. I continue to not understand why he has so much input - it's clearly delegated to him by BJ

What a dysfunctional organization.

Advertisement
Could the BOT hire AH as an advisor watching over his shoulder or Blake’s shoulder? Could they change the reporting structure so that the HC reports to AH. Even if he can’t veto Manny’s hiring decisions he can be a lightening rod and be there when they need to Can this corch.
Exactly, if they really wanted to make this happen, they would.

Can't have it both ways. Subscribers are looking for the latest scuttlebutt .. "what's that status?". Well, D$ DID advise of the status .. as it was as of last Saturday. Blake James and Alonzo Highsmith had reached an agreement on the position and all details. That was correct. THEN he turned it over to Manny Diaz who earlier had stated he was on board with hiring Highsmith. Nothing happened and Highsmith asked James what the holdup was .. James texted him to call Manny. They spoke Wednesday night (last night) and Manny told Highsmith that he did not want to go through with the hire. Done .. over.

Why the change of heart? Who knows. Some speculate that the "reports" from the Herald about drug use, partying, violating curfews etc., really hit Blake and Diaz hard. Another **** storm of bad publicity and Manny just shut down. Everybody including Highsmith has been in the dark on this one.

Great but when posters say, “hey you’re wrong about what you said” and they get completely *****ed out for saying it, an apology towards them would be the stand up move
Why do you sorry weasels feel the need to flit about a free site telling people when they’re wrong? Do you queens consider yourselves some sort of consumer advocates like Ralph Nader?

These dudes know when they’re info goes bad, and so does everyone else. No one needs a hive of sadsack bytches flitting around keeping track of who said what like the library of Congress for nerds.

Advertisement

Manny is a slapdick. What a fake little son of politician weasel that clown is.
Real leaders are secure in themselves and want to work with other savages. They don't shrivel up and surround themself with yes men to protect their job.

I really hope Lashley doesnt save his job, I want that fraud out at any cost.

There has to be a way to do this IF the BOT and President want it to happen. I think the real issue is there isn't enough support to make structural changes of this nature, at least right now. If the season starts to tank again, it's anyone's guess..

Highsmith not coming is a true blessing !

This program is alot more than an OC or OL coach away from being respectable again. If you watched Mondays game you know this for sure! All highsmith would do is buy Manny and Blake more time, which neither deserves. Next year is all on our gutless AD and our joke of a HC.

I hope the news about BOT members being ****ed off is true. We need someone with deep pockets to start taking serious interest in this program.

Same sources who provided the scoop on the 1/3 and 1/10 meetings before they were reported in the local papers.

It's a bad look for the site and I'm ****ed. I'm not trying to be a reporter and I don't post clickbait. Should have stayed away from this dumpster fire. That's on me.
Big dog just ignore the backlash, the real ones who know how stuff work behind the scenes and understand how these things work get it.

There will always be that crowd that want the news and won’t acknowledge it (even when it’s right) but they are quick to bash you if things take a left turn.

Advertisement
Back