Zion Nelson, OT, Sumter HS (SC)

Advertisement
If Herbert really is a bum (Apparently he is if he couldn't AT LEAST rotate if not beat out one of these 2 last night)...There's no way I can believe Scaiffe shouldn't have been kicked back out and at least tried at some point in 2h...And give Cleveland Reed a few snaps. We didn't substitute on the OL AT ALL (august heat and we had ball 12 minutes in 4th)...Scaiffe had a lot of ups and downs, and have no problem saying his future is inside...**** I don't care if you never do it again after the bye week, but this was code red emergency with a chance to beat UF...Something else should have at least been tried.

Ereck Flowers started as a freshmen and didn't nearly have that many miscues

I mean Scaiffe struggled outside last year, but not like that. I'm not even down on Nelson... still optimistic, but some point in that 2h you gotta at least try something else.

This was his first game people need to cut him some slack. He went up a all American end and got man handled. He will develop into a solid piece cause I trust coach Barry and how he develops guys

Advertisement
I have thoughts both ways.

I think he will get much better from now to opening game next year.

I also think the difference between the All American he just faced & the avg ACC D end is less if a gap than the size of gap between him & the Gaytor.

Barry is in a really tough spot. Find a way to solve this and it could be the situation that begins his legacy.

Well **** it lets put the guys that couldn't beat him out and let them take some licks then.
Guy that gave up 6 sacks > guy that didnt play 👍🏾. Might as well fought for Rosier to get another year if we were gonna waste it like this.

Advertisement
Guy that gave up 6 sacks > guy that didnt play 👍🏾. Might as well fought for Rosier to get another year if we were gonna waste it like this.

Man your a special kind of *******. Obviously it wasn't a great night for him nor am I saying he did an OK job. Why did our coaches stick with him. I have no fcking clue but they did. Im not hear saying the kid is some great prospect and deserves special treatment. Fck all im saying is he got thrown to the wolves and he did what he could. Is he suppose to just quit in the middle of the game to make you happy. Again you want to cut some ones throat look at the coaches.

Man your a special kind of *******. Obviously it wasn't a great night for him nor am I saying he did an OK job. Why did our coaches stick with him. I have no fcking clue but they did. Im not hear saying the kid is some great prospect and deserves special treatment. Fck all im saying is he got thrown to the wolves and he did what he could. Is he suppose to just quit in the middle of the game to make you happy. Again you want to cut some ones throat look at the coaches.
Not sure your point. Im saying that we should not be waiting for him to figure it out.

Please stop bumping Zion Nelson recruiting threads.

There are plenty of threads focusing on Zion Nelson the current Miami Hurricane over on the football board. I think we all need to learn a lesson here of not to shoot our wads too early on players on either side of the success spectrum.

Advertisement
Back