Zion back at LT..

- Campbell will be the LT
- Jarrid is not moving from RT
- Zion had reps at LT because Justice said he's going to mix up the reps with all of the lineman; example Ousman took reps at Center.
- For the love of God stop overreacting to every time a player takes a rep in practice at a different spot
I get people overreact, but I heard King was resting on the bench at one point during the scrimmage. Do you think this means we’re benching him permanently??

Advertisement
LT - Campbell - Nelson
LG - Traore - Rivers
C - Gaynor - Clark
RG - Scaife - Reed
RT - Williams - Nelson

I think Nelson will end. Up as the swing tackle this season. Herbert maybe back up RT, but if someone is needed to replace a starter I bet Nelson would be first up at either tackle spot,

It appears that 4 of the 5 spots have been locked up with only LG still an open competition. It’s good that they threw Campbell out there at LT right away and he’s still holding it down. Williams is probably the best tackle on the team and the fact that they haven’t had to move him to the left side out of desperation is good news

Advertisement
- Campbell will be the LT
- Jarrid is not moving from RT
- Zion had reps at LT because Justice said he's going to mix up the reps with all of the lineman; example Ousman took reps at Center.
- For the love of God stop overreacting to every time a player takes a rep in practice at a different spot
But if they don't overreact to that, then what will they contribute to the board my guy? Lol

h0f6pas019sz.png

Some of y'all. Zion was thrown to the freakin wolves last year. Ideally he wouldn't have seen meaningful PT outside of mop up duty until his 3rd year in the program. Instead we start him at LT against UF a few months removed from high school. That's an indictment on OL recruiting under Richt and Searles, not the kid.

Now, if Campbell goes down for any reason we have a young man who at the very least has game experience at LT and an additional year under his belt. Justice is just moving the pieces around to see what he's got.

Why is anyone confident in Campbell at LT. He played RT against FL opening game and universally was considered worse than Zion. Looked good at G later in the season, but definitely not counting on him playing LT beyond the first series of game 1.

Advertisement
How tough is this tempo going to be on our OL?
Practicing in So Fl, they should be able to handle it. Funny how when you're an O-lineman and you're driving; it isn't near as bad as it is for the DL.
It appears that 4 of the 5 spots have been locked up with only LG still an open competition. It’s good that they threw Campbell out there at LT right away and he’s still holding it down. Williams is probably the best tackle on the team and the fact that they haven’t had to move him to the left side out of desperation is good news
LT is pretty key and caused us a few nightmares last season. Hopefully LG works out soon.

Advertisement
this is one year where roster versatility will be huge
esp given the uncertaintly of the covid and players potentially having to miss time if they come down with it
its a good thing they are cross training and getting guys prepared instead of scrambling at the last minute

View attachment 128240

Some of y'all. Zion was thrown to the freakin wolves last year. Ideally he wouldn't have seen meaningful PT outside of mop up duty until his 3rd year in the program. Instead we start him at LT against UF a few months removed from high school. That's an indictment on OL recruiting under Richt and Searles, not the kid.

Now, if Campbell goes down for any reason we have a young man who at the very least has game experience at LT and an additional year under his belt. Justice is just moving the pieces around to see what he's got.
The poor kid had to add 30 pounds just to play at 280 ish. He never should have been put in that position. But you know what? The kid never gave up. And he kept working in the offseason. Maybe he never pans out, but from what I've seen it won't be from lack of effort. I'll never hold it against someone who works hard and doesn't quit who ends up not being good enough.

Advertisement
Everyone's going to turn that 2 second highlight into a story. Justice been saying he's still working guys at various spots. Cross training so to speak.

never been in (or even heard of) a college camp where every OL didn't take some reps at each spot. it's about finding the best combo, and you use every opportunity to move guys around and see what fits.

the only exception is if you have someone who is just dominant at a particular position and it's cleat that's where he's going to play. but that comes along once every bryant mckinnie or so, and is usually only true of bona fide centers and LT's.

people really need to step back and not miss the forest because they're too busy staring at the damned trees.

Never said Traore was the starting LG, that's still a battle. Zion could end up as the starter there.
i'm rooting like **** for Zion.

in all my years, i've never seen a player more hung out to dry by his coach than i was last season. nelson should get an extra year of eligibility for how he was so pathetically managed, and developmentally and schematically abused by dan enos.

but zion never complained (at least not publicly), and he just kept trying. good for him.

i hope he crushes it this season and for the rest of his UM career

i'm rooting like **** for Zion.

in all my years, i've never seen a player more hung out to dry by his coach than i was last season. nelson should get an extra year of eligibility for how he was so pathetically managed, and developmentally and schematically abused by dan enos.

but zion never complained (at least not publicly), and he just kept trying. good for him.

i hope he crushes it this season and for the rest of his UM career
He was mismanaged so badly everybody's getting an extra year.

Advertisement
Back