Zero excuses

Advertisement
We have a total failure of a season and you expect us to come out a play Bama competitively? I was just hoping we kept them with in 20.

ACC is all we need to worry about. Build from this and continue to grow. Don’t let your fandom get in the way of what we are actually able to accomplish.

Maybe I’m naive or hard headed but I just can’t believe this is true. Why the **** do you pay Temple $3M, the coaching staff another ~$7M, and a bunch of support staff and analyst salaries if they don’t care about competing at that level?

The decision makers may just be bad at their jobs but no **** way the University is just going to throw away millions of dollars on purposely being mediocre.
Go look at what Alabama spends every year.

They pay $7m because that’s what they need to do in order to win the coastal. They aren’t prepared to spend what it takes to compete nationally.

we need to adjust expectations.

I don’t wanna hear no ****king excuses I was at the game…Stevenson sorry as ****k dude should have stayed at Uga …Ivey still garbage as ****k all them bull****t reports about him being the best corner gotta be a joke ..Lashlee is a ****t Coach I don’t wanna hear nothing about him anymore ..PLAY THE YOUNG BOYZ them old dudes sorry as ****k and weak as **** …Manny the clock is ticking I’m done watching this ****t in person I’ll be selling my fsu ticket I’m not driving down to Tallahassee ****k that
My man got it all off his chest 👏

Advertisement
You need to adjust your expectations. This isn’t a team that’s supposed to compete nationally. Bama, Clemson etc are just on a different level. The resources those teams have dwarf ours, and it shows.

Miami can be a good acc team. That’s the goal. They’re not competing for a playoff spot, so stop expecting them to beat the teams that are.
Exactly - too many of our fans are looking to run before we can walk.

The route to that level has always been clear:

1. Win the ACC Coastal consistently - separate yourself from the rest of the pack in the ACC.
2. Compete in the ACC Championship against Clemson (and maybe win the odd one).

At that point you're ready to make the jump to national relevance and crowing that "we're back".

We're much better than we were when Diaz first got here and recruiting has improved - hopefully this year we win the ACC Coastal and start separating ourselves from the rest of the ACC.

It would take an amazing coach to achieve what a lot of our fans want in the timeframe they want it to be achieved in. I genuinely don't know who that guy is even if you gave me a blank cheque.

1. Win the ACC Coastal consistently - separate yourself from the rest of the pack in the ACC.

At that point you're ready to make the jump to national relevance and crowing that "we're back".

We're much better than we were when Diaz first got here and recruiting has improved - hopefully this year we win the ACC Coastal and start separating ourselves from the rest of the ACC.

It would take an amazing coach to achieve what a lot of our fans want in the timeframe they want it to be achieved in. I genuinely don't know who that guy is even if you gave me a blank cheque.

Miami is no longer a serious college football program any longer. Embrace that reality

Advertisement

Stop. They’re not going to compete with Clemson. Thats not a legitimate goal for this team. The university isn’t funding the program to compete nationally.

We need to accept that winning the coastal is really what they’re shooting for every year, and stop thinking otherwise.

Miami is no longer a serious college football program any longer. Embrace that reality
It’s a serious program, but it can’t compete with the 5 elite programs. It just can’t. The resources aren’t there.

We need to understand the reality of the situation and either accept it or root for someone else.

Advertisement
It’s a serious program, but it can’t compete with the 5 elite programs. It just can’t. The resources aren’t there.

We need to understand the reality of the situation and either accept it or root for someone else.

App St should be a good measuring stick for our program next week.

Advertisement
Stop. They’re not going to compete with Clemson. Thats not a legitimate goal for this team. The university isn’t funding the program to compete nationally.

We need to accept that winning the coastal is really what they’re shooting for every year, and stop thinking otherwise.
I'm not saying step 2 is around the corner, but that's the route back to national relevance. Maybe we never make it, but I have to hope.

Local recruits still want to come here, we just have to give them enough reason to. Right now it's too easy for them to front run the second Alabama et al come calling.

Advertisement
Back