Zalontae Hillery Progress

I'm not trying to get in a ****ing match, guys. I'm just telling you if you watch the film from last year, you will see that our RB had to stand still while the Rosier was making his read. He has no momentum for a full second while the play develops.

Advertisement
Did you prefer to play in a RPO offense or a more traditional offense such as I formation, spread, etc.?

The RPO is not an offense, it's just a concept (play) within an offense. Teams that run both Pro Style and Spread utilize RPO concepts.

Miami's "RPO game" is extremely vanilla compared to many other college teams. There's high school teams in Texas and Georgia that run more RPO's than Miami.

Oklahoma, who has the best OC in college football IMO, runs a **** swing pass RPO that's **** as ****.

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2...ma-sooners-lincoln-riley-wr-sweep-pass-option

You've got teams that attach RPO's to all kinds of run concepts like Power, Counter, Zone, etc.
We're so far behind on offense it's laughable. If we ever got a young, innovative OC in here we'd score 40+ a game.

agreed, but put swap Baker for Rosier and see how innovative their offense is..

The RPO is causing problems there. RB can't get steam as he has to run in place while the QB decides whether to hand off or pull it. We need to execute that much better this coming season. And again, it starts with the QB.
Homer killed vtech w that rpo and Notre dame too

Advertisement
Oklahoma, who has the best OC in college football IMO, runs a **** swing pass RPO that's **** as ****.

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2...ma-sooners-lincoln-riley-wr-sweep-pass-option

You've got teams that attach RPO's to all kinds of run concepts like Power, Counter, Zone, etc.
We're so far behind on offense it's laughable. If we ever got a young, innovative OC in here we'd score 40+ a game.

Probably my biggest gripe about Richt^. Greybeards aren't exactly lighting up scoreboards in 2018. Get someone young, who grew up with these new concepts.

Isn’t Briles one of the og’s of the rpo? I know they ran it to death when he was there.

Advertisement
Isn’t Briles one of the og’s of the rpo? I know they ran it to death when he was there.

Still would love him on staff some how, on the offensive side. Just for like two years and then let him earn his rep back. Our offense w his concepts would score 60/game. Wait, Rosier still QB, right? OK, 45/game.

I'm not sure if we added more or took any out of the playbook this past year vs two seasons ago. Overall I wouldn't say its too vanilla, but its a very split second judgement call. Obviously if the QB can't process quick enough then mistakes are going to happen. Another thing that can be detrimental is in the RPO the line is blocking for the run. Brad got killed on a few plays when the D would send an extra blitzer that couldn't get picked up. On the play action pass the line is blocking for pass so the QB is more protected.

I still remember that first play against FSU when Matthew Thomas came through untouched from the end of the line. Don’t recall if that was an RPO but was so frustrating to watch - especially on the first play.

I still remember that first play against FSU when Matthew Thomas came through untouched from the end of the line. Don’t recall if that was an RPO but was so frustrating to watch - especially on the first play.
That first play was a play action bootleg not RPO but a bad way to start regardless

Advertisement
Cleveland Reed is the player I am looking forward to seeing, just wish he was here early. Had heard that he is killing it in the weight room. Lots of highlight's of him playing at the tackle position in high school and dominating. Kid has a mean streak and moves well for a guy his size. I think Miami wants to put him at guard which makes since, but I believe he is more athletic then Donaldson .

Advertisement
Back