Zakhari Franklin WR from UTSA Hits the Portal

Advertisement
Not to be that guy but I’d watch out for Alabama too if we’re being honest. Besides Brooks, their WR room blows. Burton dropped multiple passes in the Spring game. Hopefully he isn’t sick in the head because I’m not sure who would want to play with Milroe/Buchner + Rees.

LSU is another possibility that hasn’t been discussed much. Their X and Z guys are relatively green, and they have a real chance to make some noise if they add a bonafide stud receiver in addition to Nabers.

Not to be that guy but I’d watch out for Alabama too if we’re being honest. Besides Brooks, their WR room blows. Burton dropped multiple passes in the Spring game. Hopefully he isn’t sick in the head because I’m not sure who would want to play with Milroe/Buchner + Rees.

LSU is another possibility that hasn’t been discussed much. Their X and Z guys are relatively green, and they have a real chance to make some noise if they add a bonafide stud receiver in addition to Nabers.
I don’t know about green they both have a lot of playing experince I think they are a sr and a jr

Advertisement
Yes but is he assured of starting at Oregon? I don't know their WR room that well.

Here he's an instant starter.
Their board said their WR room is in good shape but one of ir two said he’d be their best WR. Here it’s more assured. I don’t know that Oregon will bag up the way we should based on needs but we’ll see. Also, does a high level WR choose to come here if bags are equal and other places have better track records on offense?

This is just picking at anything to have something to complain about. I get the frustration but I wouldn’t take a risk on a lower character locker room cancer right now. To even consider it the guy better be absolutely elite to be worth the risk - like Percy Harvin level college talent punching Billy Gonzalez - and I don’t see any of those that we “passed” on.

IMO - The real problem is our coach not only couldn’t dispel the negative talk about him and the offense he’d run before last season, but he gave irrefutable evidence supporting the remarks of our competitors. Now he’s gotta show otherwise on the field to be believed.
I’d take Percy Harvin even if we was a bench warmer just for punching Billy Gonzalez

Advertisement
Zakhari Franklin hit the portal today. WR1 material. Likely going to get offers from everyone. Can we compete here?

Wow @3:49 They call him Frankie Dynamite!

1682782613081.gif

Illinois is a candidate as well (not sure how serious). Franklin’s former OC at UTSA during the 2020 and 2021 seasons is Barry Lunney, who is now the OC at Illinois.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back