Zakhari Franklin WR from UTSA Hits the Portal

If we can’t land this guy then imo we’re sticking with our dudes. If the staff ain’t doing everything they can for a receiver like this then they either don’t think we need the help or they have some really strict criteria for transfers.

Never convinced Hendo was coming here consider the stunt his brother pulled.
CJ iknew he was gonna flip way before that all star game.

Advertisement
If we can’t land this guy then imo we’re sticking with our dudes. If the staff ain’t doing everything they can for a receiver like this then they either don’t think we need the help or they have some really strict criteria for transfers.

Never convinced Hendo was coming here consider the stunt his brother pulled.
CJ iknew he was gonna flip way before that all star game.
If TVD is healthy our receivers will look pretty **** good. Young is legit, X will make plays after the catch and knows where TVD scrambles, George will score 6-8 TD’s. And then we finally have some depth with Horton, Ray Ray and hopefully either Smith or Washington gives us a legit 5-7 receiver rotation. But all that depends on TVD because when he has time he will put the ball in tight spots and make receivers look good.

I know we’ve been character focused in the portal, sometimes looks to be at expense of passing on some talent.

This is a guy that looks be mature with no character issues and has top tier production

Advertisement
Yeah but is his character high enough?
This is just picking at anything to have something to complain about. I get the frustration but I wouldn’t take a risk on a lower character locker room cancer right now. To even consider it the guy better be absolutely elite to be worth the risk - like Percy Harvin level college talent punching Billy Gonzalez - and I don’t see any of those that we “passed” on.

IMO - The real problem is our coach not only couldn’t dispel the negative talk about him and the offense he’d run before last season, but he gave irrefutable evidence supporting the remarks of our competitors. Now he’s gotta show otherwise on the field to be believed.

Advertisement
The Co-OC/QB’s coach at UTSA was Will Stein who’s now the OC at Oregon. Not sure if this is good or bad for Oregon but I’ll assume it helps them plus they have money.
Who’s Oregon’s QB going to be this year? Can King help us here?

Advertisement
Advertisement
The Co-OC/QB’s coach at UTSA was Will Stein who’s now the OC at Oregon. Not sure if this is good or bad for Oregon but I’ll assume it helps them plus they have money.
Yes but is he assured of starting at Oregon? I don't know their WR room that well.

Here he's an instant starter.

With top portal candidates like this, I tend to think that these guys already know where they’re going before they even make the announcement. I think there are some strong Oregon signs here based on coaching pull and familiarity. Hopefully some back channeling was done here, but who knows, or who knows if there was if it was effective.

With top portal candidates like this, I tend to think that these guys already know where they’re going before they even make the announcement. I think there are some strong Oregon signs here based on coaching pull and familiarity. Hopefully some back channeling was done here, but who knows, or who knows if there was if it was effective.
Looking at oregon board they are saying they good at wr but hope they go after this kid. They are going after Bryant and most people think he ends up there

Advertisement
Back