Zack Moss

Advertisement
So we would have loss the best season in years 2017? 10 straight wins, owned the news cycle for several weeks and #2 ranking? The end sucked but can you name the last year we had a better season? Maybe Coker's two loss season with like six 1st round picks? Malik beat noles in classic break their hearts fashion and ND making Hard Rock sound and feel like the OB.. I know he was lucky. Was he some great or even good QB, nope, but he has best season since Berlin.

Maybe a 10 win straight seasons would’ve become normalities with Huntley instead of the greatest joy we all felt watching that season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
For McFarland aka young ma, aka whoopie,
He was an alleged silent to brown and cmr. Unfortunately under armour ceo said no you ain’t at the last moment and they learned the hard way that you don’t have to leave the state for d1 running back.

Naw bro....that's a negative. Zack Moss was the class of 16 before Richt got here. McFarland was class of 2017. Like @Geo305 said, the new staff didn't pursue him. I recall the decommit, but I also recall the cooling on him. They didn't remotely try to get him back in the class.

Moss was committed to us for a good amount of time during Golden's tenure but then opened back up when he got fired and the new staff decided to just take Homer that cycle. Our RB play hasn't exactly sucked with guys like Walton, Homer, Dallas, Harris, etc. but the bigger mistake was not recruiting Tyler Huntley, who would have saved us from Malik Rosier after Kaaya left.

But if you recall, Dallas was forced to play RB b/c of a need He came in as an athlete and he was projected to be a WR here, but we had zero depth at RB.
2017:
Walton (Jr)
Homer (So)
Gray (moved to FB)
Burns (injured)
And a bunch of walk-ons

Dallas had no choice but to move over to RB. Smh.

Advertisement
But if you recall, Dallas was forced to play RB b/c of a need He came in as an athlete and he was projected to be a WR here, but we had zero depth at RB.
2017:
Walton (Jr)
Homer (So)
Gray (moved to FB)
Burns (injured)
And a bunch of walk-ons

Dallas had no choice but to move over to RB. Smh.
Walton also got hurt at the end of the FSU game so it forced Dallas to move there. I remember Gray got a few touches against Ga Tech and we were like why the **** is he in. That's why I always preach you need at least 5 rbs on a roster.

LOL. Dude wanted to stay home but got pushed out. As I remember, 90% of the fans didn’t believe he was Miami material.
Yes someone told me he got pushed out. I'm in disbelief of that like why wouldn't you keep tabs on him. I always thought he was a solid prospect in high school and then he obviously went nuts in college.

Advertisement
Posted this before, but we had 5 different RBs commuted in that class.

Homer, Rasul, Burnett, Moss, Hamilton (the first 4 were committed at the same time)

All 5 were committed to Golden. I remember Richt trying to recruit Devwah Whaley and maybe another RB.

Walton also got hurt at the end of the FSU game so it forced Dallas to move there. I remember Gray got a few touches against Ga Tech and we were like why the **** is he in. That's why I always preach you need at least 5 rbs on a roster.

All facts, my guy. I always say, 2 QBs, and 2-3 RBs should be taken. It yields competition, plus injuries and transfers happen. Nothing ****ed me off more than Richt's staff taking only Homer in 2016, and placing all their eggs in the MJJ basket in 2018. If we didn't flip Jarren at the last minute, we would've had zero QBs that cycle, and we see how that last minute flip worked out.

Yes someone told me he got pushed out. I'm in disbelief of that like why wouldn't you keep tabs on him. I always thought he was a solid prospect in high school and then he obviously went nuts in college.

He wasn’t evaluated properly and I believe coaches thought they were in it for bigger fish. Most posters thought he was a fullback because he wasn’t a burner. He also didn’t have the gaudy numbers that many featured backs achieve. I believe he shared reps the previous year and he was to be featured his SR year. They pretty much believed he may have peaked his JR year and stopped communicating with him.

Advertisement
He wasn’t evaluated properly and I believe coaches thought they were in it for bigger fish. Most posters thought he was a fullback because he wasn’t a burner. He also didn’t have the gaudy numbers that many featured backs achieve. I believe he shared reps the previous year and he was to be featured his SR year. They pretty much believed he may have peaked his JR year and stopped communicating with him.
Brutal absolutely brutal

Yeap. Many comparisons to Walter Tucker around these parts...

Maybe a 10 win straight seasons would’ve become normalities with Huntley instead of the greatest joy we all felt watching that season.
Remember he would still have the same coaching staff. Mark said the play that won the fsu game was the WRONG play and not what was called. So, Rosier either screwed up and won or went with his own play and won. Some how, some way I am sure Marks' play would have when wide somewhere.

Last edited:
There were several 3 star guys in that 2016 class that would’ve helped us and looks like Rickety turned his nose up at them..Moss, Huntley, Uche, Pierre..etc..

James Wiggins, too. He got hurt early this year but was a member of Bruce Feldman’s freaks list and poised to enter the draft.

Advertisement
Back