Zach Smith Insight On Martell

Advertisement
I’ve always thought Jarren was the most complete but he has to show maturity.

Whoever improves the most over the summer will win it. That’s cliche but the margin is that small and there so many questions about discipline.
So D$, seeing that summer is half way over now, who have you heard has made the best summer?

Tate Martell scares the **** out of me.

Not a natural passer

Taking snaps from under center for the first time ever, just 3 months ago

Would be his first time starting, but will send out there during prime time against the gators?!?

Looked crazy shook in the scrimmage

No Wayne **** we can trot him out there vs Florida

Advertisement
Screenshot_20190703-113937_YouTube.jpg

Tate Martell scares the **** out of me.

Not a natural passer

Would be his first time starting, but will send out there during prime time against the gators?!?

Looked crazy shook in the scrimmage

No Wayne **** we can trot him out there vs Florida
He had the best drive out of all the qbs against the first team defense

Simple question. Which one has the best football IQ? Which one can feel pressure and react? Which one can see broken coverage? Which one can scan through his reads and go back to the best choice?

Simple question. Which one has the best football IQ? Which one can feel pressure and react? Which one can see broken coverage? Which one can scan through his reads and go back to the best choice?

None of em'.

They were good vs vanilla defenses in the Spring Game, but neither could read & beat a blitz when Baker brought the heat.

Advertisement
Brock's 2nd Half against the Lizards (03) is Iconic...When you re-watch it, it's even more impressive....

It was those boo’s. Sure, Coker finally went into shotgun mode and quick huddle but when he ran towards the WEZ and heard those boo’s it’s like a switch went on. I’ll never forget it.

Brock's 2nd Half against the Lizards (03) is Iconic...When you re-watch it, it's even more impressive....

Right up until the final 20 minutes I was convinced that the Brock Berlin transfer was a Manchurian Candidate type conspiracy and that he was sent by the Crocs to destroy Miami’s program.

Advertisement
Agreed.

Perry and jarren both have poor pocket awareness. Jarren is able to scan the field better but has a weak arm. Perry is pretty much the opposite. Looking for those two to make big strides in the mental side under enos.

For tate, all it comes down to is if his game will translate to the collegiate level.
Same can be said of Tate? Difference being Tate’s first instinct is to take off and run instead of taking a sack. They ALL process slowly because they are/were freshman...

Right up until the final 20 minutes I was convinced that the Brock Berlin transfer was a Manchurian Candidate type conspiracy and that he was sent by the Crocs to destroy Miami’s program.
Lolololol!!! I remember thinking the same EXACT thing! .......and then it happened 😳

Same can be said of Tate? Difference being Tate’s first instinct is to take off and run instead of taking a sack. They ALL process slowly because they are/were freshman...

Exactly? And Tate reads the field pretty well from what I've seen, his issue is just his height.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back